***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,581,414 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

This is another case of why the right of civilians to own firearms is such a big deal.

There's be a lot more dead Orcs if the people were armed. Hell, none of this may have even happened if Putin knew he'd be diving head first into an armed populace
Htownag11
AG
I actually think the Brits are responsible. They didn't want Germany to back track and start accepting gas when it gets cold this winter.
AgLA06
AG
Htownag11 said:

I actually think the Brits are responsible. They didn't want Germany to back track and start accepting gas when it gets cold this winter.
It's entirely possible just as another handful of countries including us and Russia had a reason to do so and reasons not to do so.

No one's going to be able to prove anything and everyone's going to point fingers in other directions.

Germany probably isn't happy, but they also can't go scorched earth publicly unless they admit it's because they wanted to be able to use it.
agcrock2005
AG
One hell of a boom.

Htownag11
AG
I'm just not sure why the Russians would blow up their own pipeline. That possible explanation just doesn't ring true to me.

If they don't want to use it, they just don't send gas through the pipeline. But destroying it removes the optionality that they maintained.
Rossticus
Htownag11 said:

I'm just not sure why the Russians would blow up their own pipeline. That possible explanation just doesn't ring true to me.

If they don't want to use it, they just don't send gas through the pipeline. But destroying it removes the optionality that they maintained.

You're talking about a country that has a history of killing their own people as manufactured pretext for attacking others. Who routinely does bad things and blames them on other countries as an excuse to do other bad things. A country who uses kidnapping and rape as a sanctioned war tactic. Whose military admittedly uses gay rape as a disciplinary tactic. Who literally almost never tells the truth.

Their logical thought processes are miles apart from what most people on this board would consider rational. Being unwilling to attribute something to Russia because it "doesn't make sense" is a flawed approach due to the inherent differences between your thought processes and theirs.
Rossticus
UN says there's no proof of any construction of a dirty bomb in Ukraine that Ukraine intends to use on Ukrainians in Ukraine. Russia of course counters with…

DeBoss
AG
I think their main goal in this is to place distrust between NATO countries so maybe there is more pressure for this war to end. As long as all the big players are aligned, then this continues and Russia gets whooped. But if a few big countries stop supporting Ukraine, then Russia can win. Making these big countries not trust each other is critical for them.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
Rossticus
DeBoss said:

I think their main goal in this is to place distrust between NATO countries so maybe there is more pressure for this war to end. As long as all the big players are aligned, then this continues and Russia gets whooped. But if a few big countries stop supporting Ukraine, then Russia can win. Making these big countries not trust each other is critical for them.

Agreed. Not only that, but if they can pin one thing on the UK or US, then it injects a tremendous sense of uncertainty into any further accusations they levy. Dirty Bomb, Terrorist Attack, Bio/Chem Attack, Tac Nuke, etc. Basically everything they've been trying to accuse the US of plotting becomes plausible in the court of public opinion, particularly internal to Russia.
Rossticus
Rossticus
TheCougarHunter
AG
Hopefully Ukes retrieve the pilot. Good source of intel.
fullback44
AG
Rossticus said:

sorry i ment to comment on another post and selected this one on accident.

but nice shot by the Ukrainians! downs goes another Ruski plane!
Rossticus
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
Question in my mind is if this abandonment of posts is actually planned and sanctioned or Russian military just collapsing in general. Leaning towards the latter.
74OA
AG
Eliminatus said:

Question in my mind is if this abandonment of posts is actually planned and sanctioned or Russian military just collapsing in general. Leaning towards the latter.
.........or getting out of the way before they blow the dam?
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Are they being used as a type of blockade?
The Fife
No, they're targets.
LMCane
it is extremely strange that Russkies are being reported as fleeing INSIDE Kherson City, yet in Kherson Oblast they are still all over the place fighting.

that really makes no tactical or strategic sense

in so far as what should be happening is the exact opposite- the exterior front lines slowly contracting back towards a heavily fortified Kherson City

(which is what we have been seeing and hearing about for weeks now)
Rossticus
Unless they've caught wind that their superiors plan to blow bridges and strand them as more troops fall back into the city to prevent retreat and prevent Ukraine from securing crossings.
Fitch
AG
May just be me but I could also read it as an attempt to set a trap by creating an impression of having withdrawn, with the intent to lure in more Uke forces and pin them there in urban warfare.
AgLA06
AG
Fitch said:

May just be me but I could also read it as an attempt to set a trap by creating an impression of having withdrawn, with the intent to lure in more Uke forces and pin them there in urban warfare.
That's what I get with all the reports of military changing into civilian clothes and dispersing into the city.

Just bypass it and let the city take them out one by one.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
AgLA06 said:

Fitch said:

That's what I get with all the reports of military changing into civilian clothes and dispersing into the city.

Just bypass it and let the city take them out one by one.

Ukraine concurs with your assessment.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkgXar2LP5G/?igshid=NjQxMzA2Mjk=

Someone link this properly. Please.

Hahhahahaaa
Rossticus
Agthatbuilds said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkgXar2LP5G/?igshid=NjQxMzA2Mjk=

Someone link this properly. Please.

Hahhahahaaa

https://instagr.am/p/CkgXar2LP5G
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Inside the twitter post: REPORT
MouthBQ98
AG
My guess in Kherson is they've pulled out most higher quality units and replaced them with a shell of lower quality units to prevent another blitz. They may still plan to try to defend the city in urban combat, and tie up a lot of Ukrainian resources. They probably suspect the Ukrainians won't use artillery in the city, while the Russians gladly will.

That would also allow them to redeploy more units to the eastern front of the war where Russia keeps attacking.

Rossticus
Lots of mixed signals over Kherson.

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-vladimir-putin-plans-to-withdraw-from-kherson-ukraine-well-advanced-says-western-official/

Rossticus
bonfarr
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Rossticus said:

This is another case of why the right of civilians to own firearms is such a big deal.

There's be a lot more dead Orcs if the people were armed. Hell, none of this may have even happened if Putin knew he'd be diving head first into an armed populace

The Uke Army was passing out weapons to civilians like candy in the first few weeks of war. I would imagine just about anyone that wanted a firearm could easily get one. I think the issue is most military aged males are already fighting or involved in the war effort in some capacity so any armed civilian would most likely be an old man or a woman.
First Page Last Page
Page 908 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.