***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,580,937 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
if even half of this is true the Ukes should be crushing it in a few more weeks

LMCane
Rossticus said:

Diggin' the vibe they're putting out there with this one.

74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Hope that hair dryer was worth the long dirt nap you paid for it.

Reavers.
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

A better temp map of European temp anomalies at this point in the fall.

Winter will come, but a little good luck like this (combined with nearly full gas storage) goes a long way.
74OA
AG
Putin is a master strategist. Example #57: "Russia's oil power 'will never return,' the IEA says. "The rupture has come with a speed that few imagined possible."

GONE
Rossticus
74OA said:

Putin is a master strategist. Example #57: "Russia's oil power 'will never return,' the IEA says. "The rupture has come with a speed that few imagined possible."

GONE

There's a reason he's trying to speed through a deal with Turkey to construct a hub there. He HAS to try and get Europe back on the Russian teet before they solution other long term alternatives they find palatable. Methinks it'll be too little, too late.
Rossticus
More of Putin's speech. Account won't allow for a roll-up and it's long so not posting the whole thing. Worth opening to read in its entirety, however.

Rossticus
It's pathetic how giddy these twits get at the thought of nuclear war. They really seem to think they'll simply wipe out the continental US and we'll just sit there powerlessly at their mercy. Are they REALLY that ignorant of the reality of the situation? It's one big dumb Russian nuclear circle jerk over there. Yeeeeesh. And like half the clip is them fellating Tucker, lol.

74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

74OA said:

GONE

There's a reason he's trying to speed through a deal with Turkey to construct a hub there. He HAS to try and get Europe back on the Russian teet before they solution other long term alternatives they find palatable. Methinks it'll be too little, too late.
That's a proposed natural gas hub. Not going to solve the oil export problem the IEA is describing.
Rossticus
74OA said:

Rossticus said:

74OA said:

GONE

That's a proposed natural gas hub. Not going to solve the oil export problem the IEA is describing.

I was just thinking O&G in general, but yeah. They're boned on both fronts in Western Europe.
Rossticus
Lol

lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

74OA said:

Rossticus said:

74OA said:

GONE

I was just thinking O&G in general, but yeah. They're boned on both fronts in Western Europe.
It's not just losing traditional customers but a lack of western contractors and technology to maintain and develop fields that will set them back at least a decade.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It's not just losing traditional customers but a lack of western contractors and technology to maintain and develop fields that will set them back at least a decade.
I was wondering about that too. I mean when the sanctions were enacted and those wester contractors left, the expectation was this would be a short war and they would then return in a few months. They could take a shorterm hit.

Now? They have likely replaced that business for the forseeable future.
Rossticus
Try it. F*** Around and Find Out. Good lord.

Raiderjay
"We'll put 10-15 million of people "under rifle" [mobilize] and we'll take a walk across Europe"

You can barely make it past your own border ass clown.....Go get your shine box.....
Rossticus

txags92
AG
Quid pro quo for Russian support when China decides to move on Taiwan. And I bet China is getting a screaming deal on Russian O&G for the foreseeable future.
AgLA06
AG
It's comical at this point. Thry can't outfit a couple hundred thousand conscripts who run at the first sign of yellow and blue.

I'm sure marching across Europe with millions is an option. I mean why stop there? Use that great navy to land troops in Alaska while you're at it.
FriscoKid
AG

More from the holy war
Rossticus
Short Summary: Russia is on borrowed time

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1585602070337421313.html

Rossticus
AgLA06 said:

It's comical at this point. Thry can't outfit a couple hundred thousand conscripts who run at the first sign of yellow and blue.

I'm sure marching across Europe with millions is an option. I mean why stop there? Use that great navy to land troops in Alaska while you're at it.

Half of Texans likely have a better personal armory than many squads of Russian conscripts. Think about that.

Hell, I've got an old Dutch Mannlicher and some 6.5x53mmR rounds that some poor Rooskie would probably trade his wife for right about now.
fasthorse05
I'm assuming they still have this tax system, but I remember when Putin put in a 15% (I THINK it was 15%) flat tax. Back when I read the WSJ every day, that article shocked me.

Right around the time he took over the media and press, he followed that up with his flat tax. For better or worse, it's really very simple.

I was looking at the "National Economy" numbers, and thought about that. I would also think "budgeting" for healthcare is ridiculous, as I'm sure lots of folks get crappy medical treatment when the budget runs out, not to mention the corruption and grifting from the 120, or so, oligarchs.

I still think the economy might be their downfall, which may not happen quickly, but the laws of economics don't give a **** about pride, ego, and emotion.
PA24
AG
I fly to Corpus a couple of times a year for business. Usually, I see a few Navy trainers in the area but not today. I counted over a dozen Army helicopters from Huey to Apache. Also half dozen USAF trainer jets ad a couple of Navy jet trainers as well.

Very impressive

JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

The US should speed up the rate at which we are buying stuff from Vietnam and or other SE asian countries who continue to take market share from china. Mexico needs to be included in this which is complex with the cartels but is much better than china.

Any life essential item manufacturing needs to return home for our own security. Pharmaceuticals, chips, etc. Then figure out how to to do good business with Ukraine assuming this war eventually ends.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus
The undisputed king of offing political opposition irrespective of geographical location balks at offing Suleimani. This guy is a legit comedian. I think he legitimately enjoys the dualistic role he plays and revels in the hypocrisy of it all.

AgLA06
AG
Outside of sabotage and nuclear threat, Russia is a joke. I would imagine China is now seen as the main threat to the USA. Which goes hand in hand with that massive arms order our military put in that everyone was trying to analyze based on Ukraine. And the new Marine Corps doctrine that was announced.

I don't see China wading into this with anything other than arms just like us for Ukrainian. Makes more sense for them to bleed Russia dry military and economically and gain all the leverage. But we still have to prepare just in case they need to be slapped down. My hope is we find a way to repair diplomatic ties with India. They can be a great asset to keep China in their place economically and militarily.
txags92
AG
AgLA06 said:

Outside of sabotage and nuclear threat, Russia is a joke. I would imagine China is now seen as the main threat to the USA. Which goes hand in hand with that massive arms order our military put in that everyone was trying to analyze based on Ukraine. And the new Marine Corps doctrine that was announced.

I don't see China wading into this with anything other than arms just like us for Ukrainian. Makes more sense for them to bleed Russia dry military and economically and gain all the leverage. But we still have to prepare just in case they need to be slapped down. My hope is we find a way to repair diplomatic ties with India. They can be a great asset to keep China in their place economically and militarily.
I think taking alot of the favorable economic treatment we have given India and letting them know it is at risk would go a long way towards making them realize we are a more valuable ally to them than Russia. But one would hope watching the inept performance of their military would lead them to that conclusion anyway.
aezmvp
AgLA06 said:

China getting whacked on the chip side and the new restrictions on their tech firms for 5G tech has probably changed the equation somewhat. Yes we should encourage as rapid a decoupling from China as is possible and spreading the wealth to India, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Central America. Every single one of those options would have significant long term benefits to us while weakening China. That doesn't mean that China doesn't have other plays and I think an invasion of Taiwan will absolutely be a go in the next 5 years. If there is another empty suit in the White House like Biden or Kamala or Mayor Pete then yeah it's gonna happen.
Rossticus
bonfarr
AG
PA24 said:

I fly to Corpus a couple of times a year for business. Usually, I see a few Navy trainers in the area but not today. I counted over a dozen Army helicopters from Huey to Apache. Also half dozen USAF trainer jets ad a couple of Navy jet trainers as well.

Very impressive

CCAD in Corpus is a big helicopter repair facility. Once the aircraft are repaired they have pilots that test fly them before they go back to the field.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Straight Talk
AG
LMCane said:

if even half of this is true the Ukes should be crushing it in a few more weeks

Other than that things are great!
Rossticus
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Now the question is: does Putin actually know the higher figures?
First Page Last Page
Page 898 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.