***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,581,284 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Well, necessity has always been the mother of invention. Give them enough warning, they can adjust.
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

This makes me feel pretty good about my brushing habits.

The Ukrainians know their sadistic deviant cousins better than the west ever will. I would not doubt that the term orc was borrowed shortly after LOTR was published in 1937 when the holodomor was still fresh in the minds of the survivors. The USSR era must have been similar in a literary way to the occupation by the legions of tge dark lord.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Poland needs to up that number bigly.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
What. This isn't Halo, dude.

Waffledynamics
AG
Marvin
AG
Waffledynamics said:

What. This isn't Halo, dude.

Why is this criminal still breathing air?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
ABATTBQ11
AG
He won't go anywhere near Ukraine
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Poland needs to up that number bigly.

100,000 Polish troops in full NATO equipment and with the air power and intelligence backing of NATO would mop the floor with what Russian has sent into Ukraine.
Waffledynamics
AG
100,000 troops doesn't mean trigger pullers, though, right? They'd need a lot more personnel, if I understand correctly. Layman, here. Feel free to provide feedback.
MaroonStain
AG
Rossticus said:

BS. If this was the case, we would have pulled out all of our troops from Europe in the last 60 years. End of WWII, decades of eastern Europe occupation, Russia involvement world-wide, Afghanistan 1980s, fall of Berlin wall, etc. The "West" has never lost our vigil, maybe certain individuals/administration but not the keen patriots of the FING USA.

What a turd biscuit...

Need Reveille riding a bald eagle emoji. Staff, do this.
Rossticus
The article appears to be primarily targeted at western Europe, based on how I read it.
GarryowenAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

100,000 troops doesn't mean trigger pullers, though, right? They'd need a lot more personnel, if I understand correctly. Layman, here. Feel free to provide feedback.
Correct. They'll have anywhere from 50-60% of that as actually combat troops. Still significant to perform a defense in depth along their border with Belarus/Kaliningrad.
lb3
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Correct. They'll have anywhere from 50-60% of that as actually combat troops. Still significant to perform a defense in depth along their border with Belarus/Kaliningrad.
I would be shocked if any NATO army had numbers that high.

The US tooth to tail ratio is the lowest in the world. It was close to 5% in the Cold War. It has risen in recent years partially on the definition of what constitutes combat troops during wars of insurgencies and the fact we now outsource many of our engineering, logistics, maintenance, and service jobs to contractors.

I'm not in the military but I would be shocked if payroll services aren't performed by ADP or Paycor and all the clerks do little more than enter your data into contractor systems. The Marines still have an MOS for bakers but I can't imagine there are very many people enrolled in the cookie and cakes school each year.

The chart below is for the US Army. The Air Force would be far lower, with around 3% being pilots and many of those flying transports.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
GarryowenAg
AG
Yeah you're right. I was thinking about combat readiness percentages and it was strictly from my knowledge of US Army numbers. Disregard what I had said earlier.
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

That is why I didn't say 300,000 which was the number quoted in the tweet. I am assuming of the 100,000 maybe 30,000-40,000 would be trigger pullers and the rest would be support. The poles would easily obtain air superiority based on the experience in Ukraine and that would be a huge force multiplier.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Regarding Iranian Shahed drones:

Waffledynamics
AG

A lot of this information is found elsewhere in this thread, but I want to point out that Latvia has spent 41% of its military budget to help Ukraine. Discussion found at 6:52.
Eliminatus
AG
Waffledynamics said:

A lot of this information is found elsewhere in this thread, but I want to point out that Latvia has spent 41% of its military budget to help Ukraine. Discussion found at 6:52.

And I am positive that that 41% will go muuuuuuch further in Ukraine than anything they can buy for themselves this year. Because let us be blunt. Latvia has only one real threat to them…

Latvia may be an extreme but a lot of these smaller countries have been shoving a lot of aid towards the Ukes. Absolute numbers may not be large but comparably speaking it is a lot. This is a VERY solid investment in their future safety.
Rossticus
Putin starting to jail the non-propagandists.

Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
C@LAg
Ulysses90 said:

Quote:

This makes me feel pretty good about my brushing habits.

The Ukrainians know their sadistic deviant cousins better than the west ever will. I would not doubt that the term orc was borrowed shortly after LOTR was published in 1937 when the holodomor was still fresh in the minds of the survivors. The USSR era must have been similar in a literary way to the occupation by the legions of tge dark lord.
LOTR was published in 1954
CondensedFogAggie
Ulysses90
AG
You're right, I was thinking of The Hobbit.
Ulysses90
AG
Illuminating thread on Russia's embrace of actual nazis vs. the use of the term "naziism" as a euphemism for disobedience. The English translation of the Telegram post is really revening.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1584939740502970370.html
mike0305
It's absolutely mind blowing. They've taken the most vicious, vile and shameful term in all of history and now cast it casually about at dissent. They then proceed to triple medal with gold, bronze and silver in irony with their disgrace of a military. It will be an epic hangover when they finally wake up and realize "Wow it's us. We're the Nazis."

First Page Last Page
Page 896 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.