***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,582,511 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Eliminatus
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While it may be a personal message, it is precisely in-line with our nation's diplomacy. Obviously even the soldier knew it may run afoul as he blurred his name, but it's realistically a nothing-burger.
GAC06
AG
Not up to him to interpret our nation's diplomacy. He should get punished if he's outed. Don't use your uniform as prop for your opinions. Too often it goes unpunished.

Edit: agreed it's a nothing burger
Rossticus
Rossticus
How it's going…

Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
PJYoung
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

And to add, he also said they'll keep sending weapons.

And since they're nuclear powered they don't need Russian gas.
lb3
AG
I thought Russia must have hollowed out their reserves by now:
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
LMCane
Another report on the 101st deploying to the Ukraine border with Rumania

Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
lb3 said:

They have been hoarding their top tech units. T90s, T14s, BMP-Ts, Su-57s, etc. I've seen a few videos discussing this by now and the common theory is that Russia doesn't want pics and video of their vaunted toys as burnt out wrecks. Which honestly, has merit. Others suggest that they have been incredibly underperforming and are not ready for war. If they ever will be. I know there have been reports of T14s being incredibly unreliable for instance. Even before this war started. May not even be able to make it to the frontline….
PJYoung
AG
Eliminatus said:

lb3 said:

They have been hoarding their top tech units. T90s, T14s, BMP-Ts, Su-57s, etc. I've seen a few videos discussing this by now and the common theory is that Russia doesn't want pics and video of their vaunted toys as burnt out wrecks. Which honestly, has merit. Others suggest that they have been incredibly underperforming and are not ready for war. If they ever will be. I know there have been reports of T14s being incredibly unreliable for instance. Even before this war started. May not even be able to make it to the frontline….

So by now anything you would tell me about Russia underperforming, no matter how outrageous sounding in 2021, I would 100% believe.

I mean they have resorted to buying suicide drones from Iran of all places. It's all beyond belief.
Rossticus

Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
All the more reason to go around take melitipol and the pinch point to Crimea.
Rossticus
LMCane
clobby said:

Interesting video of the guys Russia is drafting. You can tell moral is already low before they even get sent out. Wait until its freezing and you are stuck in a field getting shot at.

but they have coffee and tea right over on the side of the theater!
Rossticus
Rossticus
Russian propaganda continues to be for internal force feeding and third world countries…

LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

brilliant Russian strategy:

"yes we are losing and going to be retreating from Kherson,

but trust us when we tell you that Ukraine will be setting off a nuclear bomb on their own territory!!"
Ulysses90
AG
I believe that conjecture probably has some truth to it. In addition, the Russians are particularly bad about building and fielding weapons and aircraft without doing the necessary level of developmental testing. It's an artifact of the Soviet imperative to get new stuff into the parade through Red Square on May Day whether it was actually functional or not.

Their priorities are in fielding large numbers of hardware quickly and the shortcomings will be discovered and fixed after operational testing. That build-field-test-fix model is a lot more expensive that build-test-field and takes years to get the kinks worked out of some systems if it's even possible. They was workable in the 1960s & 70s with systems that are mostly mechanical in the pre-digital era but the complexity of modern systems just kicks their ass.

Rossticus
With the prior reports that Russia was removing civilians from Belgorod, it wouldn't astonish me if they pulled a Chechnya and set it off there, then launched massive strikes on Kyiv in response.
FamousAgg
Rossticus said:

I wouldn't trust that canvas chemical suit in a room with bedbugs much less a CBRN environment
Rossticus
After seeing how they outfit mobiks there is no way they all have quality CBRN gear (if any at all) and effective training. If they deployed any type of unconventional weapon in/near an area of operations those guys would be boned.
aezmvp
It looks like it's from the 80's... woof.
sclaff
AG
The Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant is reportedly mined.

If confirmed by Ukrainian intelligence, I would think that the plant would have to be secured and neutralized before a large scale offensive is launched toward Tokmak and Melitopol. Any conjecture how that willl be accomplished?
javajaws
AG
If you put up just enough resistance in Kherson to make Ukraine commit their forces...while simultaneously pulling out anything and anybody you want to save...then "someone" drops some variant of a nuke on top of it and blames it on the other guy...

If I was mentally deranged like Putin that's what I'd do. Has the benefit of making a barrier where you are most vulnerable, take out some Ukrainian forces in the process, and lets you pretend to be the "victim" even though nobody will believe you. It would also signal that Putin is ready to stop for now and just keep what gains he has (not that he has any options to push any farther lol).
Rossticus
This is soooo not going to turn out how Russia thinks it is. Just one stupid decision after another.

Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 888 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.