***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,588,207 Views | 47807 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

That is a bit of a slippery slope even if I agree that they deserve it. There are more than a couple of times more than 50% of the world was against the US on an issue and could have tried to do this to us.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Maybe I'm getting too technical here and it has been a long time but when the Soviet Union dissolved, they should have de facto been removed from the Security Council.
agent-maroon
AG
Rossticus said:

I'm sure that there will be a small surcharge on any Pentagon funding to help Musk get just a little bit richer. Not diminishing what he has done for Ukraine up to this point in time because it has been a huge difference maker, but Elon does love himself some government money & subsidies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Demosthenes81
AG
txags92 said:

Rossticus said:

That is a bit of a slippery slope even if I agree that they deserve it. There are more than a couple of times more than 50% of the world was against the US on an issue and could have tried to do this to us.

Oh noes! You mean we might have to stop funding the UN? Please don't toss us in that brer patch.
txags92
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

txags92 said:

Rossticus said:

Oh noes! You mean we might have to stop funding the UN? Please don't toss us in that brer patch.
Don't disagree with you on that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

Russia is forgetting lessons previously learned.

No, it's just normal communist thinking. "This time, it'll work."
fasthorse05
Y'all let me know if this comment doesn't fit the thread rules. To me, this comment has a lot to do with tactics, at least the ability for the units to have capable arms and weapons to fight with.

Somewhere along the lines, the Russian economy is going to be more important than Ukraine to Putin and his entourage. I don't know when that will be, but this winter will probably tell the tale. As all of you know, funding a war is extremely expensive.

The last number I heard was the oligarchs in Russia own approximately 40% of the nations GDP. I'm certain these guys have contributed some, but the majority of the funding is still coming from tax revenue from the other 60%.

Point being, some decisions may be made in the near future that aren't as important as the funds used to supply the military.

CondensedFogAggie
fullback44
AG
agent-maroon said:

Rossticus said:

I'm sure that there will be a small surcharge on any Pentagon funding to help Musk get just a little bit richer. Not diminishing what he has done for Ukraine up to this point in time because it has been a huge difference maker, but Elon does love himself some government money & subsidies.

Takes the pressure off Musk if the US takes center stage over star link Ukraine .. I don't blame Musk, I don't think he realizes the mess he stepped into when he did that, Puttie certainly doesn't care whose sand box he's playing in, and that certainly includes down in South Texas !
lb3
AG
txags92 said:

Rossticus said:

I don't want to wreck this thread but which former American territory would have a claim to our seat?

There are only 4 members of the United Nations that were a former territory of the United States with the Philippines becoming a territory following the Spanish American war but since they were independent and a founding member of the United Nations in 1945, they were never a US territory at any time while we were a veto wielding member of the Security Council.

That leaves Micronesia, Palau, and Martial Islands as other possible claimants. But those nations were only formally administered by the United States after the UN placed them in a trust in 1947, after the UN's founding.

Now if we Texit, I might consider trying to stake that claim.

But to semi-keep this in topic, I think a bunch of parliamentary games to revoke Russia's Security Council seat inherited from the USSR would enrage Russia and would be blocked by China who would fear us trying to return their seat back to Taiwan who held it until 1971.
Waffledynamics
AG

Don't have time for cliff notes at the moment, but enjoy the new videos.
Waffledynamics
AG
fullback44 said:

agent-maroon said:

Rossticus said:

Takes the pressure off Musk if the US takes center stage over star link Ukraine .. I don't blame Musk, I don't think he realizes the mess he stepped into when he did that, Puttie certainly doesn't care whose sand box he's playing in, and that certainly includes down in South Texas !
This is actually something I've wondered about. Musk is not a stupid man. He's a flawed man, but he's not a stupid one. Would this be a way to get U.S. protection and the heat off of him while protecting the Ukrainians' Starlink access?
2000AgPhD
agyellow said:

2000AgPhD said:

FriscoKid said:

They are such pigs.
The fact that the Russkies skedaddled and just LEFT everything in situ speaks to the degree of disorganization and lack of even basic training that most of the Soviet - err, Russian, army has. Did not take it with them, did not blow it up - just flat left it.

Looks like a lot of the ammo boxes are probably empty as they were used to cover/barricade windows and other open areas.
Live ammo all over the place. Not exactly textbook.
agent-maroon
AG
Waffledynamics said:

fullback44 said:

agent-maroon said:

Rossticus said:

This is actually something I've wondered about. Musk is not a stupid man. He's a flawed man, but he's not a stupid one. Would this be a way to get U.S. protection and the heat off of him while protecting the Ukrainians' Starlink access?

I would like to think that U.S. protection would be his primary goal and didn't mean to suggest that he was solely motivated by greed given that his actions have strongly suggested otherwise. Just saying that if there's any money to be had when this transition is made then Musk is going to find it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Rossticus
You're a daisy if you do.

Rossticus
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Quote:

The planes allegedly have the capacity to attack targets in the U.S. and all of Europe with nuclear bombs.

Fixed it for them
Rossticus
ttu_85
Rossticus said:

You're a daisy if you do.

TU-95's were easy meat 40 years ago. Against F-18's,F-35's,F-22's not 1 would make it into US air space. Probably the same with the Back-Fires. The Russians have de-evolved into total idiots.

Its scary, despite getting their young men slaughtered and their latest hardware gutted, they still believe their own propaganda
agsalaska
AG
Yea I was thinking maybe would could pull some F-106s out of storage. You know, to make it somewhat fair.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Rossticus
agsalaska said:

Yea I was thinking maybe would could pull some F-106s out of storage. You know, to make it somewhat fair.

After what we've seen this year, I half believe we could trot out a bunch of F2Hs, F86s, etc. straight out of museums and dust their asses.
aezmvp
Rossticus said:

agsalaska said:

After what we've seen this year, I half believe we could trot out a bunch of F2Hs, F86s, etc. straight out of museums and dust their asses.
Sabres? Jesus Ross.
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

Rossticus said:

agsalaska said:

Sabres? Jesus Ross.

Lol. What can I say. They haven't really provided reasons to give them credit for much competence. We'd have to tie both hands behind our backs AND go blindfolded to make it fair.

They keep trending the way they have been and I may have to revise to Hellcats, Spitfires, and Mustangs. ;P
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

Rossticus
Definite Shonen manga vibe to the whole saga thus far. No doubt.
CondensedFogAggie
Player To Be Named Later said:

FriscoKid said:

This is a really big fat bright red line that the west has drawn. I assume it isn't a bluff.

I've heard from a source that I trust that this is exactly what has been conveyed to the Russians for awhile now.
lb sand
AG
No such thing as a fair fight.

FAAFO
FriscoKid
AG
Russia is dusting off tanks from the'60s and putting them on the front line.
10thYrSr
FriscoKid said:

The question is, is Russia getting rid of old equipment, or is this the best they have. How would we know? Are there other theaters they have operated in where they had better equipment? Are they holding back the good stuff for later? Are there videos of better equipment being used and maintained by the Russians? Is Russia a failed country that survives on it's reputation from 50 years ago? Does Putin know this? What is the answer?
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

agsalaska said:

As weak as they are especially in the air; all jokes aside, they did just destroy a whole battery of M777 and killed a bunch of good men today, yesterday and the days before it was women and children….and tomorrow sadly more.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
chickencoupe16
AG
10thYrSr said:

FriscoKid said:

The question is, is Russia getting rid of old equipment, or is this the best they have. How would we know? Are there other theaters they have operated in where they had better equipment? Are they holding back the good stuff for later? Are there videos of better equipment being used and maintained by the Russians? Is Russia a failed country that survives on it's reputation from 50 years ago? Does Putin know this? What is the answer?
If that is the question, we know the answer. This war has gone on for too long and seen too many Russian failures (defeat of Kiev thrust, Donetsk offensive, etc.) for Russia to hold back anything. We have seen their best and it, for the most part, has been victimized by Ukraine. There's no secret stockpile of T-90s and Su-57s just waiting to be unleashed. Even if there was, who is going to operate it? The conscripts sent to Ukraine with a week of training?
Malibu
You fight a war to win. He thought he'd take Kyiv in day 1-3. That didn't happen. They're now losing. Sending in more untrained men and old weapons after failing. It's an act of a desperate and dying nation on the brink, this is the best they have.
FriscoKid
AG
10thYrSr said:

FriscoKid said:

I think they blew their wad.
First Page Last Page
Page 854 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.