***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,588,761 Views | 47808 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today's SITREP.
Smeghead4761
Rossticus said:

I'm not seeing where this is actually a UAV dropping mortar rounds. Everything is implied - nothing is actually shown.

- picture of mortar round, with tape on it. Actually, to me the thing doesn't even look like it's fuzed.

- video of a UAV taking off and flying. I don't see any mortar rounds on the UAV. Maybe they've got an internal bomb bay, but I doubt it.

- aerial view of an explosion. Nothing showing what caused it.

There's nothing showing the mortar round being attached to the UAV, nothing showing a UAV flying while carrying a mortar round, and nothing showing a UAV actually dropping a mortar round.

Straight up propaganda.
10thYrSr
CondensedFogAggie said:

'Entire subjects are being cut' Russia's schools are hemorrhaging teachers as they flee mobilization

Quote:

.... found that Russian teachers, who aren't exempt from the draft, are going into hiding and fleeing the country in droves. Private schools, many of which saw a spike in enrollment this year as families scrambled to avoid the "patriotic" curriculum implemented in public schools this fall, are facing closure. With no other options, students and parents have begun writing directly to politicians, pleading for individual teachers to be made exempt a painful exercise for war opponents, who know that their appeals need to be soaked in praise for Putin and the Motherland to have a chance of being heard.

According to Andrey(a teacher), he's far from the only one getting out of dodge: 80 percent of the teachers at the school where he works intend to leave in the near future, while all of the school's on-staff tutors plan to emigrate (or go into hiding) if they haven't already. As a result, administrators are discussing either relocating the school or closing it altogether.

To make matters worse, he said, more students enrolled in the school than usual this year; with "patriotism lessons" and other political messaging on the rise in public schools, the demand for private ones is up. On the other hand, a lot of students have begun leaving with their parents, many of who are also seeking to evade the draft.

"In many schools, up to 100 - 120 hours of instruction are unfilled each week there's nobody to replace [the teachers who have left]. In some cases, entire subjects are being cut from the schedule. The overall picture is still unclear, but what is clear is that it's not going to be a happy one," said Varlamov.

Russia's mobilization orders don't discriminate based on merit: even some of the country's most "decorated" teachers are being drafted. On September 18, Bashkir language teacher Miras Ishdavletov, who lives in Ufa, won a prize in a nationwide competition for teachers of indigenous languages and literature. A week later, he was named an Honored Teacher of the Republic of Bashkortistan. The following day, he was conscripted.

"We thought maybe it was a mistake, because he doesn't have combat experience," said the teacher's wife, Irina Ishdavletov. "But they took him. Nobody helped us. It upsets me deeply that they treat highly qualified personnel that way. We got married this summer, and we're expecting a baby. I'll be taking maternity leave soon. We both have mortgages, and we took out an auto loan this summer. Now I have to take all this on alone."

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/10/12/entire-subjects-are-being-cut

So their already poor educational system is being broken down. It appears Russia has no thoughts for a future after this war. A very telling sign. All those who are worried about a nuclear war are supported by this action.

However, perhaps Russia finds no value in education of the people, which they have historically indicated. So this may be a continuation of this model that portends nothing but the collapse of Russia coming sooner than expected.
Rossticus
You can see the round attached to the drone at 00:05, Smeghead. It's a rather high expectation to expect that videos of all drops be be expertly produced. We know that rounds are regularly being UAV dropped by Ukraine. To assume that this vid is somehow propaganda when there are numerous others that demonstrate UAV drops to be routine is a bit of an odd leap. Additionally, the source has been consistent. But, maybe you caught Ukraine faking one in 50. *Shrug*
Eliminatus
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Rossticus said:

I'm not seeing where this is actually a UAV dropping mortar rounds. Everything is implied - nothing is actually shown.

- picture of mortar round, with tape on it. Actually, to me the thing doesn't even look like it's fuzed.

- video of a UAV taking off and flying. I don't see any mortar rounds on the UAV. Maybe they've got an internal bomb bay, but I doubt it.

- aerial view of an explosion. Nothing showing what caused it.

There's nothing showing the mortar round being attached to the UAV, nothing showing a UAV flying while carrying a mortar round, and nothing showing a UAV actually dropping a mortar round.

Straight up propaganda.
You kidding me??

Could not be any more clear of a fuzed mortar munition

-aerial view of an explosion. Nothing showing what caused it.

It is probably a training range and they are testing a proof of concept. Something you do ya know before you send things off to battle. The drone is directly overhead the explosion. They are not going to do with arty or rockets which may hit the drone.

Yes there is, yes there is, and yes it is. You can clearly see a slow moving munition (in relation to being fired) falling and exploding. The energy output is consistent with 120mm rounds as well.

Straight up propaganda.

You literally have zero idea what you are talking about. Zero.
10thYrSr
74OA said:

Very interesting. Skip Biden and listen to what the professor has to say about the public mood in Russia today.

JUST BACK FROM RUSSIA

Interesting listen. She says 20% for Putin 30% against and the remainder just want to be left alone. Sounds like our country.

The issue is that we don't know what that means in terms of this war. Do Russians have the means to challenge the government? Are they just along for the ride come death or victory?

Here, we understand there is a means to challenge our government via the second amendment. In Russia, I have no idea the mechanism that would drive rebellion.
JayHowdy!
10thYrSr said:

74OA said:

Very interesting. Skip Biden and listen to what the professor has to say about the public mood in Russia today.

JUST BACK FROM RUSSIA

Interesting listen. She says 20% for Putin 30% against and the remainder just want to be left alone. Sounds like our country.

The issue is that we don't know what that means in terms of this war. Do Russians have the means to challenge the government? Are they just along for the ride come death or victory?

Here, we understand there is a means to challenge our government via the second amendment. In Russia, I have no idea the mechanism that would drive rebellion.
There it would have to be the military turning against Putin.
Not a Bot
AG
When the war first started I remember reading a smart sounding article about how it's really the civil servant middle class that would determine anything along those lines. There's around 150,000-ish of these people. They live relatively comfortable compared to the rest of the population, not rich by any means but are able to afford things. So the police officers, firefighters, the people running the electrical plants, rcivil engineers, and also your average government employee like postal workers, people in the tax office, even like the secretaries at the FSB. If those people start feeling the pinch in Moscow and St. Petersburg he's done. A general strike would cripple his government.

They are not going to mobilize these people or their families.
CondensedFogAggie
MaroonStain said:

FriscoKid said:

What's the problem? I would have assumed speed bumps too.

I've played too much Battlefield to know those were AT mines.
ABATTBQ11
AG
10thYrSr said:

74OA said:

JUST BACK FROM RUSSIA

Just wait for Russia to conscript the 30% and the 50% and give them all guns. Eventually, someone will get smart, shoot their officers, and go home.
Eliminatus
AG

Looks like Oryx has confirmed 7K vehicles lost to Russia since the invasion began.

Wild
Eliminatus
AG
Have seen a couple of sites suggest that those are Russian AT mines. As in placed by the Russians. Has some merit in my mind as they are the only ones I have seen to date that places mines like this. Literally just spread all over the road. Seen them do it earlier in the invasion on bridges.

So possible friendly fire? Not going to lie, that would be pretty awesome.
TheGroupGuy
74OA said:

JUST BACK FROM RUSSIA

20% support Putin
30% against
50% leave us alone

Very interesting
Who?mikejones!
BQwolf05
AG
Thought the commanders are not with the troops....but already ran away....
Who?mikejones!
I suppose it depends on the rank and what they mean by "commander."

I put the skeptical/look into it emoji
SwigAg11
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I suppose it depends on the rank and what they mean by "commander."

I put the skeptical/look into it emoji

Seems plausible though.
Who?mikejones!
FamousAgg
Agthatbuilds said:

Hang some fishing line from the bottom of your drone and fly right over the top of the other drone. It will tangle in the rotor and crash them. I guess you would need a release mechanism or something so that it doesn't pull you down also
twk
AG
japantiger said:

Rossticus said:

How has this map changed in the last 4 months? A quick glance looks like it's looked for several months.
In the East, the Ukrainians have gained a lot of ground -- the blue area is quite large -- but the great significance of this is that they are now in position to cut key Russian lines of communications, or already have done so. The Russians have a hard time moving anything except by rail, so if you take out their rail lines, they become an immobile, ill supplied target. They have also stopped the Russians short of the area where Ukraine's large (and up to now, untapped) shale gas fields are located, which was a prime target for Putin.

In the South, the Russians have a large force on the right (North) bank of the Dnipro River around Kherson. There are only two permanent bridges across the Dnipro in this region--one just east of Kherson and other other over the hydroelectric dam about 30 miles upriver, both of which have been damaged (the hydroelectric dam is apparently passable for civilians but not heavy equipment). The Ukrainians are now about 15 miles away from the hydroelectric dam. If they cut off that bridge for the Russians, and get to the other side, they can cut off the canal that runs through the Isthmus of Perekop down into Crimea, almost all the way to the Kerch Straight. This canal is evidently a crucial water supply for Crimea; without it, most of Crimea (it's mostly farmland until you get way down to the south) really isn't viable, as the Russians found when they occupied the peninsula in 2014 (and the Ukrainians dammed the canal).
JFABNRGR
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Perfect. The next POW swap ought to be a 3:1 or better exchange in UKR favor for these guys.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's a pretty liberal definition of vehicle when you lump heavy cruisers in
GarryowenAg
AG
fullback44
AG
GarryowenAg said:

whats Puttie gonna do about this? F with the Israelis? I doubt it
Rossticus

Rossticus
Marvin
AG
fullback44 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Maybe not, but I could see him getting his ME cronies to do it.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Claverack
Rossticus said:

Point 1, Get the hell out.

Point 2, See point one.

Point 3, Ukraine does what it wants, when it wants, without the interference of the Russian state.

Putin wants to negotiate now at the point where he is at his weakest and most threatened.

He is not in a position of strength. And I hope the usual suspects do not artificially give him a position of strength in any negotiation process.

AgLA06
AG
Looking at you France and Germany.
FriscoKid
AG

They are such pigs.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
fullback44 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Talk about a FAAFO moment? Israel has exactly 0 ***** to give if someone comes knocking.
First Page Last Page
Page 851 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.