***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,589,201 Views | 47812 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Tanker123
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do they actually x-ray the trucks before they cross the bridge? Seems like it would take a serious amount of energy to penetrate a big truck trailer to get any usable image quality. And a really big imaging system. If so, then I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the downrange end of that when it was operating
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Not a Bot
AG
agent-maroon said:

Do they actually x-ray the trucks before they cross the bridge? Seems like it would take a serious amount of energy to penetrate a big truck trailer to get any usable image quality. And a really big imaging system. If so, then I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the downrange end of that when it was operating

They posted pictures somewhere of the bridge entrance using scanners similar to this.

https://www.adanisystems.com/products/cargo-and-vehicle-x-ray-inspection/dtp-7500lv/
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
lb3 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

lb3 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AgBank said:

2wealfth Man said:

BattleGrackle said:

JFABNRGR said:

Even if this was the right X-ray, So the see a truck full of explosives and say "let it through boys" lol

FSB having a bad day I guess
Holy S$@. Why fake the xray?

There wasn't a real one, which raises some serious questions.
Simplest explanation is that someone embezzled the money for the x-ray station and didn't want to get caught.

Or the guard took a payoff
The guard likely wouldn't have the means of creating the fake x-ray and inserting it back into the system.

It's not a fake. Either the operator or guard(s) bribed just send a random x-ray when asked, hence the lack of detail, or the FSB just grabbed a random one to distribute to the public. Let's not pretend this is a sophosticated coverup based on what we've seen so far
74OA
AG
TheHulkster said:

What's the tactical benefit to every country making announcements about specifically what gear and weapons they're sending over to Ukraine?
Discourage Russians, encourage Ukrainians, demonstrate solidarity with other providers.
Rossticus
Well, this is about as clear a picture as you'll ever get when it comes to which countries, globally, are either beholden to or otherwise aligned with Russian interests.

FriscoKid
AG
Rossticus said:

What's the problem? I would have assumed speed bumps too.
Rossticus
***FORBIDDEN SPEED BUMPS***
MaroonStain
AG
FriscoKid said:

Rossticus said:

What's the problem? I would have assumed speed bumps too.

I've played too much Battlefield to know those were AT mines.
Burrus86
AG
Here...hold my vodka...
Rossticus
Good luck getting some half drunk 40 year old with an IQ also of 40 to utilize this effectively.

Bird Poo
AG
Surprised to see India and Pakistan aligned on this.
Ag In Ok
AG
How to reconcile this with Putin's stated threat to do a nuke test near the Ukrainian border. Again, this is JV.
2wealfth Man
AG
Rossticus said:

it's almost a game at this point to see how ****ing stupid they are. Here little Orc.......

quotes from the replies:

One guy lived, I guess the rest were blended inside

Special mine clearing operation

wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

Well, this is about as clear a picture as you'll ever get when it comes to which countries, globally, are either beholden to or otherwise aligned with Russian interests.

Nicaragua huh. Seems an interesting choice for them lol
MouthBQ98
AG
Vision out of the little vision blocks probably sucks BUT it looks like he thought he could straddle them and not set them off. Apparently they have a magnetic or vibration trigger.
aggiehawg
AG
Guess they didn't cover "mine school" in their two days of training.
Who?mikejones!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjnRxoYLEQT/?igshid=NjQxMzA2Mjk=

American killed severodonetsk
Not a Bot
AG
Bird Poo said:

Surprised to see India and Pakistan aligned on this.

They aren't aligned in so much as they are both still a bit too dependent on Russian energy, wheat, and weapons parts (at least for now). India is not a fan of this invasion but right now their situation is such that it's strategically better for them to remain publicly neutral. Same for many of the African countries. They depend on Russian products.

Brazil had abstained from almost every vote until today.
74OA
AG
Ukraine to get Patriot?
heddleston
AG
yep, most of those countries that abstained either a) need russian food or military gear, b) need a big dog on the Security Council to say "hey stay our of their affairs" when they need to carpet bomb an uppity village, or c) both. theres a lot of C in there.
Rossticus
Agthatbuilds said:

He sacrificed of himself that others could remain free. A true hero and embodiment of the American spirit.
CondensedFogAggie
AgLA06 said:

Poland could walk right through their west door reminiscent of German Blitzkrieg if they wanted.

Then you have two former soviet block countries to their north just itching for an excuse to get some.

I don't see Belarus being this dumb.
Agreed

CondensedFogAggie
Eliminatus
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Vision out of the little vision blocks probably sucks BUT it looks like he thought he could straddle them and not set them off. Apparently they have a magnetic or vibration trigger.
It's an MTLB. Really bad vision for close to the ground objects. Much worse than a lot of other armored vehicles. Has a large frontal section that chops line of sight horrendously on the Z-axis. Mixed with poor tactics and training and......Well, you can see in the video.
CondensedFogAggie
Agthatbuilds said:

MouthBQ98
AG
T-62 has 4 man crew and no auto loader so no top pop ammo carousel under the turret ring. They will explode spectacularly if hit in the ammo storage and can still fling a turret. They also lack ERA, heavier or composite armor, full stabilization, digital or thermal sights, fire on the move hit capability, fire suppression, full crew night vision, the latest communications systems, etc.

Their 115 mm gun ammo will be older and less reliable but it is still dangerous if it hits. And it has machine guns. It is a threat to lighter vehicles and infantry from a fixed position.
P.U.T.U
AG
Do they are daylight only and require a 4 men crew when they have been using 3 on the T72s. Conscripts with minimal training are going to be operating these. Ukraine is still hitting supply areas so I do not see logistics getting any better.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

agyellow
AG
TheHulkster said:

What's the tactical benefit to every country making announcements about specifically what gear and weapons they're sending over to Ukraine?

The FAAFO tactical factor.
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
https://www.instagram.com/battles.and.beers/
Quote:

"By a large margin, Ukrainian enlisted soldiers are great soldiers now. I trained guys in January, February and March, and the majority of them? Fodder, dude. They just don't know. No muzzle awareness. No basic first aid. No basic infantry tactics.

I had guys tell me they were put into the frontline having no idea which way was up, you know? Giving Russian Arty and snipers free statistics basically.

They were dying from completely preventable things like not smoking during the nighttime. Not crouching in trenches. Not counting rounds fired in magazines, or concealing their positions. It was a real shame to halfway train a group of guys and know they were just gonna get tossed in the meat grinder.

But now, totally different story for lots of units. Now some units would definitely rival a western military for professionalism and training - even surpass them. It's the most combat experienced army in the world now, and it's really starting to show.

Good at trench fighting. Good at using cover, concealment. Good-ish at coordinating with other units. But the main point is the individual guy is much better now than they were in Feb-April. The days of guys getting killed over silly things are mostly over."

- Western Volunteer/Instructor. October 4th, 2022

CondensedFogAggie

Page two of the intake form on the International Legion Website.

Quote:

"You are here to begin the validation process to gauge your suitability and preparedness to participate in the Ukrainian-russian war in the International Legion. First of all, Ukraine is fighting against the world's second strongest army which carries tons of equipment, machinery and people. It's not a low-grade war, it is an extremely active high-intensity battlefield with thousands units of artillery, missiles, close battles, civilians rescue missions and various types of possible missions. Every day more than a thousand people die on both sides.

Secondly, which is even more important - our enemy is a pure evil - russians don't respect any rules and laws. This war displays multiple evidences of internationally acclaimed rules of warfare violation. The conflict is reported and witnessed to be of the highest levels of cruelty with pervasive wartime atrocities. Putting it simply - it is hell on Earth.

This is not a place for a military tourism or an opportunity to gain extra skills - we don't have time to train people that are not ready. If you're not ready - each day could be your last day out there.

There're many sad stories about foreign legionnaires being totally unprepared for Ukrainian warfare reality coming to Ukraine just to find out that they are not ready before they quit. In order to avoid their mistake, when filling the application please be as honest as possible.

Are you ready to face and participate in real warfare?

Are you ready to sit hours under artillery attacks?

Are you ready to wage war in the absence of the most modern weaponry, using only those at hand?

Are you ready to be taken captive with a very high chance of tortures and abuse? It is proven that russians do torture prisoners of war despite the international human laws.

Are you ready to sleep in the dug-out shelters, under sub-zero temperatures, without shower and habitual food, surrounded by an enemy, fighting one-on-one for you life?

If the Ukrainian war reality is not as in Hollywood movies - are you ready to stay and don't run away after one week?"

- International Legion Intake Form. Russo-Ukrainian War.
Taken from https://www.instagram.com/battles.and.beers/
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CjLsHB9jTSd

Quote:

"People see lots of pictures and videos of destroyed Russian tanks, BTRs and BMPs and get this misconception that they're not all that dangerous ya know. That's not true.

Just because something is like 40 years old and a bit rusty don't mean that the gun on it can't blow your ass to France lol. A half decent gunner with a supply of ammo can leave a lot of guys wishing they were boarding a flight home.

I guess just don't underestimate them is what I'm saying. A motivated crew that doesn't suck can put a real hurting on a team of well-organized guys. Just don't underestimate them. People on YouTube and Instagram comments think this is like, a airsoft game, like, with respawns sometimes but you guys don't see the pictures of filled up hospitals and ambulances.

In June saw a Russian BTR shoot a guy like 700 meters away and it blew his legs right off. Just boom wheelchair for life all because we assumed a gunner wasn't paying attention. Pay attention. Don't underestimate them. Repeat. Also cardio lol."

- Western Volunteer. September 29th, 2022.
JFABNRGR
AG
agyellow said:

TheHulkster said:

The FAAFO tactical factor.

This, solidarity, and threat deterrence. There was a large drop off of russian air after the reported delivery of british starstreak systems yet we have not seen a confirmed shootdown with said system.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
First Page Last Page
Page 849 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.