***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,589,521 Views | 47813 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus

Rossticus
Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1579846740630704134.html

Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Direct middle finger to Putin.

It's a B-2, but most likely not carrying nuclear warheads. No way to know it's payload.

Could very well have a B-2 in Poland but seeing comments that the video in question was taken last year in England. FWIW.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Wouldn't we just send it to Rammstein instead of Poland? Didn't we used to keep B-2s there?
Rossticus
Maximus_Meridius said:

Wouldn't we just send it to Rammstein instead of Poland? Didn't we used to keep B-2s there?

I haven't been keeping up with Flightradar recently so I'm not sure what we have where ATM. If we're trying to force project then Poland makes sense but I really have no idea which assets we've moved up.
Rossticus
lb3
AG
The Russians seem to not live long enough to figure out that dispersion can save their lives.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Military industrial complex go Brrrrrrrrrrrrr…

Rossticus
MouthBQ98
AG
Given the size of that explosion and that a drone caught it on video, I suspect it was really a guided artillery shell hitting dead on target.

Most anti personnel mines wouldn't explode nearly that big, and most anti-vehicle mines aren't casually triggered by a walking infantryman even trodding on it.

It's possible, but unlikely.
Rossticus
Rossticus
lb3
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Given the size of that explosion and that a drone caught it on video, I suspect it was really a guided artillery shell hitting dead on target.

Most anti personnel mines wouldn't explode nearly that big, and most anti-vehicle mines aren't casually triggered by a walking infantryman even trodding on it.

I'll defer to your experience but if that's artillery or a large mortar, it's the first round in the salvo based on the casual walking pace of the Russians.

The accuracy is either dumb luck or the Ukes have no fear of counter battery fire and have previously sighted in those locations. I wouldn't rule out luck giver the sheer volume of artillery likely being being recorded that we never see.
Rossticus
FriscoKid
AG
Rossticus said:

Yeah, I'm concerned about using expensive stuff to shoot these gnats down. Doesn't seem like a good ROI.
Rossticus
Would be nice if we could "do something" about Iran. Given their current domestic turmoil I'd love to find a way to twist the knife and impede their ability to supply Russia.
DCPD158
AG
Rossticus said:

Ukraine needs to talk to Israel and see if there can been an accidental explosion and fire at the Iranian drone production facility.

Purely accidental mind you....
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Rossticus
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
My God

That visual was reminiscent of the Nazis. How can anyone claim the Ukes of war crimes when their own propaganda is showing mass graves.
FriscoKid
AG

They are crazy. "We will kill you to convert you...1 million? 5 million? We will kill everyone to save them"
FriscoKid
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Whatever this means.

FriscoKid
AG
Bird Poo
AG
lb3 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'll defer to your experience but if that's artillery or a large mortar, it's the first round in the salvo based on the casual walking pace of the Russians.

The accuracy is either dumb luck or the Ukes have no fear of counter battery fire and have previously sighted in those locations. I wouldn't rule out luck giver the sheer volume of artillery likely being being recorded that we never see.
Guided artillery doesn't need to be sighted in, no?
Nagler
AG
Bird Poo said:

lb3 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

What's the difference between guided artillery and a missile?
AgLA06
AG
One is a missile. The other is an artillery shell with pinpoint guidance abilities.
Bird Poo
AG
Nagler said:

Bird Poo said:

lb3 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Missile is self propelled. GA is shot from a tube and "guided" to target. Once the pill is sent downrange, fins extend from the shell to steer the round to a precise location. Usually someone or something is shooting an invisible laser on the target for which the round uses to know where to go.
FriscoKid
AG

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1579878942420664321.html
lb3
AG
https://t.me/ukrpravda_news/22307
Quote:

1 In Russia, a substation in Shchebekino of the Belgorod region is on fire - several thousand Russians were left without electricity. Governor Gladkov once again announced the shelling of Ukraine
Not the most reliable of sources.
74OA
AG
Nagler said:

Bird Poo said:

lb3 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

The most basic difference is that artillery moves along a set ballistic path, while a missile can maneuver enroute to a target. More to the point of this discussion, most ground attack missiles and smart artillery projectiles require target coordinates input before launch/firing or a second party illuminating the target for them, although some missiles can receive fresh commands while enroute and adjust accordingly. Increasingly though, modern ground attack munitions have AI and sensors which allow them to independently detect, classify and select targets, even moving ones.

For Example
lb3
AG
Bird Poo said:

lb3 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

No. I would be shocked if Ukraine had enough of those rounds to drop on infantry instead of higher value targets like, bridges, HQs etc… but who knows what we've sent Ukraine.
First Page Last Page
Page 844 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.