***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,132 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Tanker123
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Those guys probably still think they're winning the war with a glorious retreat
Marvin
AG
Love this thread. Can't wait to read five more pages of slap fight over the bridge damage.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
aggiehawg
AG
Put Denys in touch with Rekieta. He can get his social media army out there and get this guy huge exposure.

Only took three days to get his Youtube channel back up. Technically he's still suspended for two weeks so he can't post there, nor on twitter but his followers can.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian army shelling Marhanets with MLRS
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/8-october-russian-army-shelling-marhanets-with-mlrs

Interesting. I haven't seen them shell Marhanets yet. It's obscured by the shelling icon and is in the top right of this picture. See Nikopol and ZNPP for geographical context.

Rossticus
wangus12 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Those guys probably still think they're winning the war with a glorious retreat

I'd wager a decent chunk of change that they've been organized/paid by the Kremlin. Russia REALLY wants the US population to crap themselves in terror of Russia and see popular opinion swing away from western support of Ukraine.
Not a Bot
AG
Per the YouTube Twitter account they've had an issue with demonetization of videos today, seems like a glitch. Hopefully he gets restored. It is a widespread issue.
Not a Bot
AG
The emperor still doesn't realize he has no clothes. Russia has been exposed for what they are.
lb3
AG
Love this program.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Russia REALLY wants the US population to crap themselves in terror of Russia and see popular opinion swing away from western support of Ukraine.
In that case, Putin and minions should have kept the nuclear question completely off of the table until he truly needed it. Such as now.

But he and his minions kept talking about it for 8 months so now it is just background noise. He blew "his wad" too early.

All of our military and intelligence have been watching the disintegration of the vaunted Russian military and are completely reassessing their actual nuclear capabilities. Primarily downwards would be my guess. Telling new conscripts to have their mothers, sisters, wives and girlfriends to buy sanitary products for wound care in a First Aid kit tends to reinforce the impression that the Russian military is largely trash and not well-prepared nor supplied.

It ain't the 80s anymore. Obama may have actually had that partially correct in the debate with Romney.
deddog
AG
Haven't been able to follow the thread on an incredible day.
So the theory is that the Truck bomb ignited the train, and also caused the span to fall?
Theres gotta be a lot of explosive on that truck, and possibly shaped in some way to destroy the bridge?

Extremely impressive
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Haven't been able to follow the thread on an incredible day.
So the theory is that the Truck bomb ignited the train, and also caused the span to fall?
Theres gotta be a lot of explosive on that truck, and possibly shaped in some way to destroy the bridge?

Extremely impressive
That is what I am really wondering about. The roadway stretch between the bomb and the elevated railroad stretch was not affected. How did that happen?
LMCane
twk said:

We're probably in for an interesting week.

Interesting timing on this move. One could argue that cutting the escape route from Crimea isn't necessarily the best move if you think you can drive in to the peninsula and drive the Russians out like cattle. Now, if you drive into Crimea, there's no easy escape route. Given where we are on the calendar, driving the Russians out of Crimea before winter probably wasn't happening, so I suppose the relief valve theory probably wasn't a big enough reason to hold off on doing this.

With all the sabre rattling about using nuclear weapons, this is the kind of event that one would expect Putin to consider a trigger justifying use of nukes, but it's hard to see where he deploys them in a way that changes the military situation. Firing them off for the terror effect seems to be his only real option.

With winter coming, Ukraine needs to press the advantage because winter will probably end large scale offensives. The Russians could really use the breathing space, but if Ukraine continues receiving more advanced weaponry during the lull, that may offset any advantage the Russians get from slowing Ukraine's momentum.

what is historically accurate is that the fall and the early spring are impossible to conduct off road operations in Russia. But the winter has seen numerous offensives once the ground freezes solid.

keep in mind that the Ukes will be getting as many winter uniforms as they can field from the Latvians, Lithuanians, Estonians and the Finns.

while Russia likely has nothing similar to equip their troops. deep winter might be the perfect time to strike when the Russian superiority in towed artillery and air power is neutered by low hanging clouds and snow.
Waffledynamics
AG
There is a lot of speculation at the moment, similar to when Ukraine was making good work out of wrecking Russia's bases in Crimea. I'm sure we will not find out for a while, if ever, but that will not and should not stop rightful speculation.

What I'm interested in is if we'll see it again. It's a different operation than repeatedly hitting bridges like the Antonivsky and Nova Kakhovka bridges with HIMARS. The Kerch Bridge is quite far behind the lines. Still, Russia is on notice that it is vulnerable. That will affect planning and morale.
LMCane
wangus12 said:

Rossticus said:

They just can't be this dumb. They've watched western weapons rip them apart for 8 months. Everything they've said Ukraine couldn't do continues to happen. Continuing to Escalate is going to ruin what little will be left of Russia when this is all over. So ready for someone to knock one of these state media people out just to scare the ever living hell out of them
with the Russkies threatening to nuke Washington DC it may be time for me to take a "vacation" away from my house in Maryland...
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

IMO, if Putin allows that plant to go into meltdown and a nuclear "accident" results like Chernobyl, that's equivalent to him using a tacticl nuke.

I'm going to bet that this is exactly what Putin is going to do.

unleash a radioactive cloud on Ukraine but have plausible deniability:

"hey, I didn't do anything to the reactor, the Ukrainians couldn't manage it!"
Rossticus
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
Question for those with more military knowledge than I have: is it possible the recent attack on the Kerch bridge and the drone activity there a while ago could be seen as probing and "proof of concept" type operations, ahead of a larger attack to completely sever the bridge? I just can't imagine this is a one-off.

Without straying too far into lala land, I'm trying to figure out if that's a realistic idea for a military like Ukraine to go for.
C@LAg
LMCane said:

with the Russkies threatening to nuke Washington DC it may be time for me to take a "vacation" away from my house in Maryland...
or you can be a defiant patriot and call his bluff.
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

Maybe it's a Russian coagulation tool
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And constipation tool.
CondensedFogAggie
agent-maroon
AG
They're probably not going to get away with another truck bomb, if that's indeed what it was. If they have another attack planned then it's likely to be something completely different that will work in spectacular fashion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lb3
AG
lb3
AG
If the Ukes have ATACMS, they're finally in range of the bridge:

https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php?circles=%5B%5B305774.6%2C45.2990619%2C36.5031367%2C%22%23AAAAAA%22%2C%22%23000000%22%2C0.4%5D%5D
FamousAgg
Rossticus said:

That video is old enough to buy cigarettes. Nothing new
Rossticus
Still funny, though.
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

Question for those with more military knowledge than I have: is it possible the recent attack on the Kerch bridge and the drone activity there a while ago could be seen as probing and "proof of concept" type operations, ahead of a larger attack to completely sever the bridge? I just can't imagine this is a one-off.

Without straying too far into lala land, I'm trying to figure out if that's a realistic idea for a military like Ukraine to go for.
it's doubtful that the Ukes had the capability to quickly mount several of these types of attacks

if they had the capability they would have launched them all within an hour of each other before Russia could respond

my guess is they had a one off shot to see if it would work, now they will try to figure out another way to attack Kerch
BQ_90
AG
wangus12 said:

Rossticus said:

He better save that, might be better armor for his vest than the styrofoam they normally issue conscripts
lb3
AG
LMCane said:

Waffledynamics said:

it's doubtful that the Ukes had the capability to quickly mount several of these types of attacks

if they had the capability they would have launched them all within an hour of each other before Russia could respond

my guess is they had a one off shot to see if it would work, now they will try to figure out another way to attack Kerch
Agree. It's unlikely many Russian truck drivers will be taking internet shipping orders for fertilizer without scrutinizing the load again.

Their next best option might be to slip a small magnetically mounted bomb unnoticed on to an ordinance train.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Yep. Gonna be a slaughter due to gear and morale.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
agent-maroon
AG
Wrong thread
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texas velvet maestro
Apparently Macron doesn't understand there's a stockpile of anti-radiation drugs that's just sitting around doing nothing.
10thYrSr
74OA said:

Rossticus said:

IIRC, all the reactors there have been shut down, so does that not prevent it becoming a disaster?

Not a nuke guy, but even if reactions have been ceased, the rods still need to be cooled, no?
First Page Last Page
Page 834 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.