***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,590,896 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Tanker123
DCPD158
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Going to be interesting if "whoever" bombed the bridge had some "if/then" plans in place. Kind of a cascading attack

If the bridge is damaged and they go to ferries to transport, then we already have explosives in place at the docks.

Kinda like what some of the middle east bombers did. Detonate and wait for the emergency response people to show and detonate the second bomb.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Russia has appointed an army general as the commander for all its forces in Ukraine as it tries to halt Ukrainian momentum and turn the tide of the war.
The state-run news agency Tass reported on Saturday that the Russian defense ministry appointed Gen. Sergey Surovikin as the commander for its invasion of Ukraine.

Tass reported that Surovikin previously served as commander of Russia's Eastern Military District and led Russian soldiers in Syria.
The Guardian reported that he was known for using brutal and controversial tactics in Syria, including the indiscriminate bombing of anti-government fighters.
The appointment comes as frustration with Russia's military leaders and Russian President Vladimir Putin's decisionmaking has reached new highs since the war began.
The Hill
BQ_90
AG
Now you hit the ferry with a drone boat
lb3
AG
Some satellite images being released:
Before:

After
aggiehawg
AG

Can see fire damage.
aggiehawg
AG
Underside of the bridge segment. No fire damage.

Waffledynamics
AG
rab79
AG
aggiehawg said:

Underside of the bridge segment. No fire damage.

look at the underside of the next bridge segement.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
TriAg2010
AG
fullback44 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Private PoopyPants said:

I'm not a physicist, nor am I intelligent in any way on any subject. How would a truck bomb on the surface cause that kind of uplift?

My money is definitely on an attack from the sea.

On the video looking down the bridge, the explosion looks to be centered slightly off the bridges right side(from video view)

That's what I'm thinking .. something detonated from under the sea and lifted the bridge sections

It moved back… and to the left…
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

They just can't be this dumb. They've watched western weapons rip them apart for 8 months. Everything they've said Ukraine couldn't do continues to happen. Continuing to Escalate is going to ruin what little will be left of Russia when this is all over. So ready for someone to knock one of these state media people out just to scare the ever living hell out of them
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

look at the underside of the next bridge segement.
Can't find a pic. Do you have one so I can see the comparison?
CondensedFogAggie

rab79
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

look at the underside of the next bridge segment.
Can't find a pic. Do you have one so I can see the comparison?
There is discoloration in the picture you posted. If you note which segment shows fire damage in the overhead pics you can tell it is the next segment down from the one that doesn't show damage in your pic. The overhead pics also show no fire damage to that piece of the bridge.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
CondensedFogAggie

The official Ukraine government Twitter account:

GAC06
AG
Totally normal for all the damage to be oriented around the truck, all the scorching to be where the truck blew up, and none around where the phantom boat was, guys. Textbook.
C@LAg
CondensedFogAggie said:

it happened the day after Putin's birthday.
AgLA06
AG
GAC06 said:

Totally normal for all the damage to be oriented around the truck, all the scorching to be where the truck blew up, and none around where the phantom boat was, guys. Textbook.

It's truly amazing how you can completely ignore photos of the vessel and the damage to the underside of the bridge and still make comments like this.

Are you my wife?
Waffledynamics
AG
I wouldn't go so far on that meme. Russia can and will repair the bridge. It wasn't entirely severed.

Now, what remains to happen is another story.
GAC06
AG
I see a ton of scorching on top and guardrails and lights bent away from where the truck was, all because that's where the explosion was. There is no scorching or anything to suggest an explosion from below in that picture above. None. But the wave was a boat and it damaged the top of span next to the one it was under but not the one it was under because reasons.
agsalaska
AG
The Ukes need to hit that bridge again in the next few days. Just like Nagasaki.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

aggiehawg
AG
74OA said:

Rossticus said:

IIRC, all the reactors there have been shut down, so does that not prevent it becoming a disaster?
Apparently not.
JB!98
AG
GAC06 said:

I think it is also obvious that there is not damage to the concrete bridge supports/columns. With that powerful of an explosion you would expect them to be damaged if it came from below. I just want to know who Aloha Snackbared the truck?
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

74OA said:

Rossticus said:

IIRC, all the reactors there have been shut down, so does that not prevent it becoming a disaster?
Apparently not.
even with no reaction going on the "extracted" rods are still hot and need to be cooled for an extended period of time.
Waffledynamics
AG
New Denys videos.

And then... Denys's YouTube channel was demonetized. Ridiculous. His third party sponsorships and donations are now even more important given that he cannot do his regular profession (airline pilot) during the war.

Robk
throwing this in the pot.

C@LAg
going to call fake. no evidence of the very strong winds in the actual bridge videos.
Smeghead4761
Rossticus said:

Interesting thought. How much, if anything, does Germany have still on hand from the former East German army's equipment stocks?

Wiki lists East Germany as having bought 583 T-72s from other Warsaw Pact countries, but only 549 scrapped or otherwise disposed of by the unified Germany.
GAC06
AG
AgLA06 said:

GAC06 said:

It's truly amazing how you can completely ignore photos of the vessel and the damage to the underside of the bridge and still make comments like this.

Are you my wife?

Photos of the "vessel" posted so far: zero

Photos of the underside of the bridge suggesting an explosion from below posted so far: zero

Photos and videos supporting an explosion from right where the truck was: literally every single one so far.

It blew up from below the bridge but only scorched the top. It only bent guardrails and lights outward around the truck a span over, and nothing below. It blew up in or under the water but somehow didn't disturb the water. Yikes.

Maybe go apologize to your wife, my dude.
Ag In Ok
AG
Would the UN fly in diesel for the gensets? I would think so.
AgLA06
AG
AgLA06 said:

agyellow said:

agent-maroon said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

A sinusoidal shock wave moving through the bridge would have both upwards and downwards movement.
And what would cause that? I remember a suspension bridge failing during a wind event many years ago.
The blast itself would be the cause. The bridge is flexible even though it appears to be rigid so a blast on the surface would create waves like the ripples you see in the water after you throw a rock into it. Think about how a seismological station picks up both earthquakes and explosions. A sudden release of energy creates a wave no matter how rigid or strong the surface happens to be and the variability will be in the amount of deflection.

The visible wave would have to be from the delivery vehicle... the explosion would certainly cause a secondary wave but the explosion is so fast that it would not be visible.

Exactly. You can actually see the delivery vehicle pushing the wake if you slow down and pause the video.

Here's the vessel. Plain as day.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Would the UN fly in diesel for the gensets? I would think so.
If they would be allowed to do so. Up to Putin to allow that.
GAC06
AG
Objectively, that is not a vessel. You claim it's wake from a vessel. There is no vessel in that photo. If there was a vessel behind that wave, it was lucky to be under that span instead of under the span where the explosion occurred.

[We are getting away from the tactics and strategy subject of this thread a bit. Let's leave the arguments there for now -- Staff]
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 833 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.