***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,590,886 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Tanker123
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look at what I posted.
GAC06
AG
Saw it. Now look at what I said and watch the end of the video. The source was the truck or right where the truck was. Not the wave. Look at everything bent away from the explosion. There's nothing to indicate the wave was the source. Nothing.
Burrus86
AG
Can we take the speculation and debate to a "how to blow up a bridge" thread and get back to tactics, please?

In all seriousness, the action itself is a minor game changer. Unless the Ukes take down the second roadway or rail span, the impact of this action is temporary at best.
AgLA06
AG
No. You're just seeing the fireball go up in a distorted monitor.

The blast originates from the boat.
lb3
AG

GAC06
AG
That's why all the guardrails and lights are left bent away from the truck but not the wave? Come on man
Smeghead4761
Discussion of how the destroy, or in the case, how the target was damaged/destroyed, is tactics.
wangus12
AG
lb3 said:

Interesting. That was a huge fire going on the rail line. Not sure I'd trust throwing a train on it
twk
AG
Just for reference: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/61906274
Dan Scott
AG
Ag97
AG
I don't think the Russians have a choice but to use it. Human life is cheap to them, they have to keep the supplies moving. They will use it till it fails.
AgLA06
AG
GAC06 said:

That's why all the guardrails and lights are left bent away from the truck but not the wave? Come on man

You aren't making sense. Pausing the video frame by frame shows exactly what happened. You can even see the unmanned vessel go underneath from the right to the left and see the point of the explosion from the vessel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/09/22/mystery-vessel-may-be-new-ukrainian-attack-drone/amp/
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Interesting. That was a huge fire going on the rail line. Not sure I'd trust throwing a train on it
Same. Would they be able to replace all the fire affected rail this quickly? Or would they be affected at all? I'm assuming that rails are hot rolled steel so any damage would be dimensional due to distortion from the heat. Would think a derailment would be a worse look than not being able to bring it back online quickly would be.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG

GAC06
AG
Last comment: there is no vessel visible. It's a wave. If it had been the source there'd be a huge disruption of water. There wasn't. The physical evidence is all bent away from the source, which was the destroyed span the truck was on, not the span with a wave underneath. If you can't see that then you're just seeing what you want to see.

Edit: also that drone is too small. Also an explosion under the road bridge would be very unlikely to get the train too
agent-maroon
AG
Doesn't seem like you could put enough HE on a drone of that size to cause the explosion we've all seen. But maybe so...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
Ag97 said:

I don't think the Russians have a choice but to use it. Human life is cheap to them, they have to keep the supplies moving. They will use it till it fails.
The road bridge is one thing. The rail is the real question. Did the fire weaken the span enough that they can't use it or repair it quickly? Even if they can use the road, Russia sucks at moving supplied by road. Without a rail connection, about all they can use that bridge for is for people (soldiers and civilians) to evacuate.
Waffledynamics
AG
Smeghead4761
Waffledynamics said:

The piece of frag shown at the very end there definitely came from the U.S. made weapon.
ABATTBQ11
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Same. Would they be able to replace all the fire affected rail this quickly? Or would they be affected at all? I'm assuming that rails are hot rolled steel so any damage would be dimensional due to distortion from the heat. Would think a derailment would be a worse look than not being able to bring it back online quickly would be.

They can probably replace the rail. As to the span, it's probably damaged but not broken. They'll live with it because they have to. If there was a train parked on it already, pretty sure they won't see a collapse if they just go slow. That said, it could collapse at any point street repeated uses and stresses.

The second road deck may be fine. Seems damaged, but usable. I would think twice about running anything carrying an armored vehicle over it though
aggiehawg
AG
Structural engineer' twitter thread with his observations.

FWIW.

ETA: Found the thread reader app. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1578699493310365696.html
Waffledynamics
AG

Ukrainian government, everyone.
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg
AG
That can't be true, can it?
aggrad02
AG
Waffledynamics said:

LOL.
BQ_90
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I think I saw that train last night driving along welborn road
twk
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sunset was just 2 hours ago. That would be really quick turnaround on the video. Color me skeptical.
Robk
Do rail bridges use rock/gravel like built up tracks?
twk
AG
Robk said:

Not that I'm familiar with.
Bryan98
AG
People on Twitter suspect that video is fake.
aggiehawg
AG
twk said:

aggiehawg said:

Sunset was just 2 hours ago. That would be really quick turnaround on the video. Color me skeptical.
My understanding is that there are two rail tracks but not sure how far apart they are. But if the girders supporting both are damaged, can't see how that would be possible.
agent-maroon
AG
Are we saying that the rooskis would lie about something like this? Say it isn't so...
p_bubel
Robk said:

Yes, it appears so.

Russian Link

aggiehawg
AG
Question? How did they get the damaged train off of the track that fast?
torrid
AG
aggiehawg said:

Maybe if the engineer is forced to drive the train over the damaged section at gunpoint.
First Page Last Page
Page 831 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.