***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,635 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by sclaff
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JB!98 said:

GAC06 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/09/22/mystery-vessel-may-be-new-ukrainian-attack-drone/amp/

Remember the drone boat? This one would be too small for this almost certainly but perhaps a different version? Just spitballing.
That bridge complex has to be one of the highest value targets for the Russians to protect. Can they really be so incompetent to let a boat/drone cozy up against a bridge and wait on a train to detonate? I guess looking at their history in this conflict it shouldn't surprise me.

Let's not wholly discount internal sabotage. There are plenty of people getting conscripted, killed, jailed, starved, stiffed on pay, etc that lots of individuals within Russia (even within the Russian military) have an axe to grind.
aezmvp
JB!98
AG
Rossticus said:

JB!98 said:

GAC06 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/09/22/mystery-vessel-may-be-new-ukrainian-attack-drone/amp/

Remember the drone boat? This one would be too small for this almost certainly but perhaps a different version? Just spitballing.
That bridge complex has to be one of the highest value targets for the Russians to protect. Can they really be so incompetent to let a boat/drone cozy up against a bridge and wait on a train to detonate? I guess looking at their history in this conflict it shouldn't surprise me.

Let's not wholly discount internal sabotage. There are plenty of people getting conscripted, killed, jailed, starved, stiffed on pay, etc that lots of individuals within Russia (even within the Russian military) have an axe to grind.
Could be, I just cannot put the pieces together with the damage to the bridge and the railroad. I cannot see how one caused the other.
C@LAg
JB!98 said:

Rossticus said:

JB!98 said:

GAC06 said:

Could be, I just cannot put the pieces together with the damage to the bridge and the railroad. I cannot see how one caused the other.
concurrent truck and car bombs?

no. approx 40 feet plus elevation between bridges.
aezmvp
Not sold on the truck bomb. Seems like there would be more cratering and not clean breaks but cant see the other angles...
JB!98
AG
aezmvp said:

Not sold on the truck bomb. Seems like there would be more cratering and not clean breaks but cant see the other angles...
I am up smoking pork butts and have had a bit to drink. Maybe someone else mentioned that it is strange that the train is stopped at the exact spot that the bridge is collapsed. Even if there was a charge on the train and one on the bridge, what are the chances that the train would stop at that precise spot? Just very weird differences in damage and location.
C@LAg
so maybe truck bomb on auto bridge and proximity charge on rail car installed before train left heading east?
ABATTBQ11
AG
JB!98 said:

aezmvp said:

I am up smoking pork butts and have had a bit to drink. Maybe someone else mentioned that it is strange that the train is stopped at the exact spot that the bridge is collapsed. Even if there was a charge on the train and one on the bridge, what are the chances that the train would stop at that precise spot? Just very weird differences in damage and location.

No I thought the same thing and was going to post it earlier. The biggest section of road bridge damage isn't exactly where the train is burning, and the distance may have been what it took the train to stop. Going slowly it may have only needed 100-300 yards. The biggest section of road bridge damage isn't exactly where the train is burning
fullback44
AG
aezmvp said:

I agree .. too clean of breaks .. we have the technology to put someone under that bridge at night and set the explosives … I bet it was set and when the train got close they blew the bridge And the train explosives at the same time… James Bond type stuff.. no doubt it can be done.. the Russians weren't being very cautious to start with by sending flammable liquid rail cars across that bridge … who knows, it may have been an under water blast that lifted the bridge sections and dropped them, basically some type of underwater detonation that lifts the bridge sections and then drops them.. party over … someone in NATO helped the Ukraine make this all happen simultaneously
ABATTBQ11
AG
No. Way too complex. You don't need to cut the two bridges in the same place. This seems like someone blew the road and got lucky with the train, or they blew the train, somehow triggered a much bigger explosion, and took out the road. I'm thinking they hit the road and maybe scored the train as a secondary on accident.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They have to ship vehicles, fuel, and ammo across that trail line. It's the major artery into Crimea and all of their units in southern Ukraine
C@LAg

looking at the span video, the two damaged sections ARE in alignment. that said , the whole rail facing side still has all its railing so the explosion/concussion of one triggering the other still does not make sense.
JB!98
AG
fullback44 said:

aezmvp said:

I agree .. too clean of breaks .. we have the technology to put someone under that bridge at night and set the explosives … I bet it was set and when the train got close they blew the bridge And the train explosives at the same time… James Bond type stuff.. no doubt it can be done.. the Russians weren't being very cautious to start with by sending flammable liquid rail cars across that bridge … who knows, it may have been an under water blast that lifted the bridge sections and dropped them, basically some type of underwater detonation that lifts the bridge sections and then drops them.. party over … someone in NATO helped the Ukraine make this all happen simultaneously
I have to think that this was something that NATO had to assist on. Way too complex (in my mind) for the UKES to pull off while fighting a ground war that consumes most of their assets. I would really love to learn all of the covert stuff that went off one day and NATO's involvement in it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That was me. There's no need for a charge on the train, and no need to have a truck bomb and a charge on the rail car go simultaneously. You would do this with as few devices as possible, which is 1.
JB!98
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

That was me. There's no need for a charge on the train, and no need to have a truck bomb and a charge on the rail car go simultaneously. You would do this with as few devices as possible, which is 1.
Extrapolate your thoughts. I do not see any frag damage to the railway bridge and clean breaks in the roadway bridge. None of it makes sense to me.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Blowing the road bridge could set the tanker car(s) on fire with shrapnel or debris. Depends on the bomb.
CondensedFogAggie

Alright, this may actually be the explosion on the Kerch bridge.

Good riddance.

Happy birthday Putin. Get the **** out of Urkaine.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Whoa!
C@LAg
ABATTBQ11 said:

Blowing the road bridge could set the tanker car(s) on fire with shrapnel or debris. Depends on the bomb.
So looking at the flaming video...

The lower road collapse is in the OUTER set of two lanes farthest away from the raised rail bridge.
the inner two lanes of the lower spans appear to have little to no explosion damage or debris. the railings are intact and the deck appears to be intact

the train appears to be relatively intact so likely not much large projectiles from there other than the cement railings/side.

for this to have worked it would really have to be a 1:1000000 type scenario of good luck. otherwise it was just likely an attempt at the out lanes of the auto bridge.

To me, it would seem more likely explosion on upper bridge, with debris crashing and damaging support to lower, causing it to collapse.
Rossticus
Edit: after re-watching a few times I don't think I saw what I thought I saw.
JB!98
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I am not seeing an deformation of the guard rails or the pavement on those collapsed spans of roadway. I am not buying the truck bomb theory.
C@LAg
Robert C. Christian said:

Whoa!

looks more real than other video....
ABATTBQ11
AG
JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Extrapolate your thoughts. I do not see any frag damage to the railway bridge and clean breaks in the roadway bridge. None of it makes sense to me.

Truck bomb
Span underneath bomb is collapsed
Explosion moves adjacent bridge sections off bent caps (the clean breaks are the expansion joints between sections) and they fall
Explosion sends molten debris and shrapnel from truck into tanker cars on the rail bridge
Shrapnel pierces tanker cars which catch on fire and begin to burn

How much damage would you expect to see on the railway bridge? It's concrete and getting peppered with very small debris. It could very well be pockmarked to hell and you wouldn't see it in video from 50 yards away
GAC06
AG
I wonder who was driving that truck
ABATTBQ11
AG
We have a winner!

I wonder who was in the truck...
JFABNRGR
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Concur. would not take much to ignite the rail cars and the wind is in the direction from road to rail @15KM/H.

Supposed CCT camera view but given the last fake I don't know. The wind is right and the pre sunrise works for time.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
C@LAg
looks legit.
GAC06
AG
JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

I am not seeing an deformation of the guard rails or the pavement on those collapsed spans of roadway. I am not buying the truck bomb theory.

Look at this photo

The second span that's down is where it blew. The inner guardrail is gone, and it's dark/charred
JB!98
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Truck bomb
Span underneath bomb is collapsed
Explosion moves adjacent bridge sections off bent caps (the clean breaks are the expansion joints between sections) and they fall
Explosion sends molten debris and shrapnel from truck into tanker cars on the rail bridge
Shrapnel pierces tanker cars which catch on fire and begin to burn

How much damage would you expect to see on the railway bridge? It's concrete and getting peppered with very small debris. It could very well be pockmarked to hell and you wouldn't see it in video from 50 yards away
Ok, I am a believer now after your explanation and the video posted above. Damn, if it was a truck bomb, wow. Thanks for the comment. Maybe the train just happened to be stopped.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah. The explosion was so big it shook the other spans off the bents.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Looks like it was. That was ****ing stupid, so no wonder the Russians did it
lb3
AG
Remotely triggered? Seems if it was to be triggered by the driver, the arched span would be the target location.
C@LAg
no way Russia does not retaliate big for this.

the amazing part is how strong the winds are blowing.significant parts of the smoke, fireball and subsequent flames blowing in the direction of the upper span.
GAC06
AG
lb3 said:

Remotely triggered? Seems if it was to be triggered by the driver, the arched span would be the target location.

Wherever it passes the tanker cars of the train, but yeah ideally on the arch where the road is right next to the rail bridge
CondensedFogAggie

Railroad damage aftermath video

A pity it didn't burn all the way down, but we'll take it.

Happy birthday Putin, go **** yourself, and get the **** out of Ukraine.
First Page Last Page
Page 827 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.