***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,598 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sclaff
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So.... this leaves just one railroad line to supply Crimea and the southern front right?

The one that goes through Melitopol, which i believe is already within Ukraine artillery range
lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

Ho Lee Chit

What did it say?
JFABNRGR
AG
I am very confident the road bridge had to have been from under or a big ship displacing the deck off the bents, even an earthquake. The rail is easy 2lb C4, rpg, a hundred other things to ignite fuel. the oddity of it is a red flag to me but it certainly could also be genius. My bridge building career is more than doubled my army career now and my curiosity & satisfaction are peeking over this.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
ABATTBQ11
AG
They're was a very loud explosion apparently. Enough to rattle and shake open windows in Crimea.
Rossticus
lb3 said:

Rossticus said:

Ho Lee Chit

What did it say?

It's a video of the explosion happening from within a passing car. They deleted it but I still have it open on my phone.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ho lee chit indeed
TyHolden
AG
Rossticus said:

lb3 said:

Rossticus said:

Ho Lee Chit

What did it say?

It's a video of the explosion happening from within a passing car. They deleted it but I still have it open on my phone.
what does this mean?
Robk
Rossticus said:

lb3 said:

Rossticus said:

Ho Lee Chit

What did it say?

If it is the one I saw I do not think it is correct. The vid I saw was daytime, but today's awesomeness happened before sunrise.
TRM
AG
He's saying they caught the explosion on video as it happened.
CondensedFogAggie
EDIT: Nevermind, folks saying the explosion vid is fake
TyHolden
AG
TRM said:

He's saying they caught the explosion on video as it happened.
but twitter deleted it?
Heisenberg01
AG
Rossticus said:

lb3 said:

Rossticus said:

Ho Lee Chit

What did it say?

Supposedly a fake. The explosion took place before sunrise.

Robk
Nm
GAC06
AG
Rossticus said:

That doesn't make sense to me. An explosion on the train dropped two road spans but not the closer portion of the road or the train spans? Also the train is mostly intact, just burning.
CondensedFogAggie
Some more footage of the bridge burning

lb3
AG
GAC06 said:

Rossticus said:

That doesn't make sense to me. An explosion on the train dropped two road spans but not the closer portion of the road or the train spans? Also the train is mostly intact, just burning.
Agree. I think it was a truck bomb that ignited the train.
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

Rossticus said:

Based on where the road spans are in relation to the train I can't see how the train fire alone affected that result, based on how it appears. It almost seems like it would have had to have been two separate acts or the road demo ignited the train.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

Eh, this guy will take care of those soon.

Not a Bot
AG
Had no idea it was so new and built by Russia. I assumed it had been there a long time.
JFABNRGR
AG
fake vid removed
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
aezmvp
lb3
AG
Psychologically, this is as big as sinking the Muskova, but strategically it's probably the biggest prize remaining.

What's the next big target? Sinking the subs used to launch kalibir missiles? Refinery fires across Russia?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

Rossticus said:

Based on where the road spans are in relation to the train I can't see how the train fire alone affected that result, based on how it appears. It almost seems like it would have had to have been two separate acts or the road demo ignited the train.

Depends on if the train was moving. They don't stop on a dime.
TRM
AG
lb3 said:

Psychologically, this is as big as sinking the Muskova, but strategically it's probably the biggest prize remaining.

What's the next big target? Sinking the subs used to launch kalibir missiles? Refinery fires across Russia?
Naval base at Sevastopol would be next on the target list.
Rossticus
Yep. That'll definitely throw off your schedule…

ABATTBQ11
AG
Work from home day
GAC06
AG
The second video is fake. Not the right time of day or right part of the bridge
JB!98
AG
All of this damage is strange to me. The road does not seem to be all that damaged, seems like a collapse instead of a missile strike. Could this have been us or a NATO operation that set charges and just happened to catch the train crossing the bridge. Seems like very convenient timing.
GAC06
AG
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/09/22/mystery-vessel-may-be-new-ukrainian-attack-drone/amp/

Remember the drone boat? This one would be too small for this almost certainly but perhaps a different version? Just spitballing.
aezmvp
A counter offensive towards either Melitopol or Mariupol.

Even the barest threat of an advance by Ukraine would put the the entire Russian operation in Crimea and Kherson at risk of complete collapse/encirclement.

Of course this would also meam that it would be much, much more likely that the Russians would use a nuke. Full stop. I didnt expect this bridge to get cut off for months. It will take a long time to clear and repair these spans. That is 3 sections of that roadway down and maybe two to three pillars damaged on the car side. The rail side is STILL burning. Who knows there? Weeks at a minimum? And what happens if the Ukes can get some assets in place to hit those efforts with loitering munitions? Frogmen attack? It would be something not to be discounted.

But yeah if I was Vlad and there is a serious operation towards the coast? Nuke it. If he doesnt and the Ukes break through to the coast or conventional arty range of the rail links east and west... Crimea and Kherson are toast. This alone may force Russia to abandon the west bank of the Dneiper in weeks.
aezmvp
GAC06 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/09/22/mystery-vessel-may-be-new-ukrainian-attack-drone/amp/

Remember the drone boat? This one would be too small for this almost certainly but perhaps a different version? Just spitballing.
Damage is too high up for that imo. The sabotage angle isnt a terrible theory.
Rossticus
All I know is that Russian talk shows are going to be absolute gold for the next week. There is going to be some weapons grade nuke the world insanity emanating from the motherland for the foreseeable future.
fullback44
AG
Rossticus said:

I think this is the most reasonable explanation of what happened to the rail cars exploding, charges attached to the rail cars and remotely detonated .. it could have possibly been done by a missile however it was timed to perfect to coincide with the bridge section being destroyed… this is not coincidental..

however the road bridge had to have been done by explosives detonated under the bridge, missiles wouldn't cause such a clean break in the steel beams supporting that section of bridge, look at the other bridges that were hit with missiles, it's more of a hole punched in the road with debris everywhere, there's very little to no debris on the bridge
JB!98
AG
GAC06 said:

That bridge complex has to be one of the highest value targets for the Russians to protect. Can they really be so incompetent to let a boat/drone cozy up against a bridge and wait on a train to detonate? I guess looking at their history in this conflict it shouldn't surprise me.
JFABNRGR
AG
Check out how far the burning object is away from the bridge.
GAC06 good catch on likely fake video, though the one below supports a lateral force at a very high rate of speed.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
First Page Last Page
Page 826 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.