***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,558 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sclaff
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It will be bitterly cold for both militaries. I hope the Ukrainians are fitted with plenty of things to adapt.
wangus12
AG
Didn't one of the Baltic states just send a crap load of winter gear
lb3
AG
Lithuania just committed to send 25k winter uniforms.

The Russians will be wearing Korean War era oiled canvas ponchos in the freezing rain while the Ukes will be wearing Gortex. This will be a huge force multiplier outside of urban areas.
aezmvp
A lot of winter stuff is being made in Ukraine as well. They had a fairly large military production capacity before the war and the whole country is mobilized more or less. Russia might be making their molbliks pay for a lot of their own gear but it's different when your whole nation is pumping out stuff from camo netting to bandages in their free time.
Not a Bot
AG
It's the civilian populations I'm more worried about.

There's pretty much nothing left in a lot of these towns and villages in terms of heat. Even in areas that still have electricity, the shelling and missile strikes have knocked out a lot of windows.
Not a Bot
AG
I went back and looked just to make sure, but I can't find anything about losing any Su-57. They claimed earlier in the war that they'd flown missions but those were unconfirmed claims.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

PAGING AGGIEHAWG!! PAGING AGGIEHAWG!!!
PJYoung
AG
lb3
AG
Just as I was about to go to sleep.
wangus12
AG
Oh *****
Robk

This says a possible fuel tank on fire
txags92
AG
PJYoung said:

PJYoung
AG
Robk
PJYoung said:

In the 3rd picture, is the beam missing in front of the fire. It also looks like a piece is hanging there.
spadilly
S
JFABNRGR
AG
Thats going to be the rail bridge. Probably fuel/flammable/explosive train was hit. Just as I would have done it. Too bad its not on the steel portion clear span, it would be wrecked. It still might be on theses smaller spans well have to see. Rail traffic will definitely be delayed several days if not more trying to clear the locomotive and rebuild track.

Too bad the wind wasnt blowing fire on to the auto part of bridge.

Slava Ukraine
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Robk

Not a Bot
AG
HOLY SMOKES
Not a Bot
AG

agent-maroon
AG
Whoa! That's going to leave a mark...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Fife
Rail cars rigged to blow, or this combined with additional explosives? I feel like it has to be a coordinated thing in order to do what it looks happened.
JFABNRGR
AG
Robk said:

Very interesting these look like two road bridge spans collapsed but the rail bridge is on fire. Given the heavy wind in the direction of the train its possible an explosion on the road could have ignited the train but I sm leaning toward a coordinated strike on both but with what ATACAMs i am not sure have the range nor large enough to knock down the columns & spans on their own. The rail fire yes Easily set off by ATACAMs. It also may only be one direction of the road bridge down. Also crazy there is no active fire suppression ongoing, the concrete beams if hot enough will be severely damaged.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
aezmvp
You want to see panic? Learn to read Russian and check out the normies in Crimea. Hooooo boy.
fullback44
AG
When rail cars of flammable liquids explode due to and external heat source it's called a BLEVE

BLEVE or Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion

BLEVE explosions put off extreme amounts of heat that will melt the other rail cars and cause more rail cars to BLEVE .. it will also melt the steel in the concrete and cause it to fail.. that bridge is toast, they probably planted explosives on several flammable cars and set them off remotely while crossing over the bridge …

Here's a railcar BLEVE caught on video in Oklahoma …

I suspect that bridge will have huge sections fall off into the water as these rail cars continue to boil off in huge fires
JB!98
AG
A picture from the other side. This is huge.
aezmvp
ABATTBQ11
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

aezmvp said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

P.U.T.U said:

So they are using a plane that some thing is close to the F22 to drop unguided bombs? That makes a lot of sense...

You are thinking of the Su-57. That's their 5th gen tighten and to my knowledge we haven't seen them in action in this
They have lost 1 or 2 out of their inventory of 10 or so. Theyre involved but not recently.

Thanks must have missed that. Glad to hear of them losing some of their "premier" aircraft.

Not in this conflict. They lost one to an accident years ago, but that's it. They won't send it to Ukraine because they don't have the numbers to really be effective and any loss would be a catastrophic PR disaster. It's stealth-ish and thought to be not as stealthy as the F-22 and F-35, so flying into the ****storm of air defenses that is Ukraine would not be a good idea.
aezmvp

Hahahahahaha. Vlad is gonna be pissed. Havent seen any of the maritime trackers showing firefighting vessels underway. Gonna take a couple of weeks to get this repaired.
Waffledynamics
AG
GAC06
AG
I wonder if plane tickets out of Crimea just got more expensive
JB!98
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I hope that fire is hot enough to make that span collapse! That would add insult to injury for the Orcs.
aezmvp
I think you may be right. I dont see it on Oryx's list. Could have sworn they had an accident with one during this conflict. Problem at takeoff or landing. Been a long 8 months and hard to keep track of the thousands of pieces of equipment lost.
fullback44
AG
JB!98 said:

A picture from the other side. This is huge.

This pic tells me that the passenger car part of the bridge may have been rigged with explosives and set off, I don't believe the burning rail cars would effect that part of the bridge unless the fire was also on the passenger car bridge as well.

The rail bridge will be screwed for sure .. similar to the LA freeway fires in the 90s that burned so hot that the freeway collapsed.. that entire section of railway that is burning will not be structurally sound and will need to be replaced (even if it doesn't fall down.. which it probably will) …. This will take a long time to fix I would suspect

A well planned sabotage event … bravo Ukraine ! Putie just poopteed his pants
First Page Last Page
Page 824 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.