***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,599,453 Views | 47846 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sclaff
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Amazing how many thought that clip was genuine
So we're allowed to post fake news/troll posts to this thread now?

...hope staff cleans all this mess up
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Waffledynamics
AG
Unfortunately, I thought it was real based on some words I know lining up. I left it there for the comedy but also added a real segment that shows a moment in which the Russian propaganda TV showing doubt on national television. Staff, please remove the video if it's not allowed, even though it's hilarious.

In my defense, it's not entirely unbelievable based on some of the other verified, outlandish things they've said this whole time.
javajaws
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Unfortunately, I thought it was real based on some words I know lining up. I left it there for the comedy but also added a real segment that shows a moment in which the Russian propaganda TV showing doubt on national television. Staff, please remove the video if it's not allowed, even though it's hilarious.

In my defense, it's not entirely unbelievable based on some of the other verified, outlandish things they've said this whole time.
No worries, we all get had every now and then!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
FriscoKid
AG
Lyman is going to fall today. Russians might have already escaped last night. Big chunk of land is going to come with it.

aggiehawg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

We all make mistakes sometimes. Not speaking the language fully, and the way they cut and edit their own broadcasts?

Completely forgivable under these circumstances.
benchmark
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Amazing how many thought that clip was genuine
Textbook case of satire imitating life. LMAO. My favorite line ...
Quote:

You (Sulovyov) play the tough guy in your space cadet uniform but in reality you would surrender on your first day to the front.
FriscoKid
AG
wangus12
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russia is going to have nobody left by the end of winter. They're gonna starve, freeze, surrender, get droned or flat out overrun by the vastly more supplied Ukes
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Houston Lee
AG
Straight Talk said:

David Wallace said:

amercer said:

Well, Ukraine still seems to exist this morning which is more than I expected. Every day this drags on is a loss for Russia.
This is going to drag on for a long time. Russia may be able to knock some stuff out and destroy military targets, but there WILL be a Ukrainian Resistance. This will not be a long term cake-walk for Russia. Not sure how long Russia can keep this going. What will this all look like in 6-9 months? Who knows, but Russia will pay a huge price economically and in the world.

This is the end of Putin. I just don't see how they can hold onto Ukraine long term.
Sir, I applaud your knowledge and foresight.
Dang. I forgot that I posted that…
Waffledynamics
AG
This is enough of a weasel statement that it careful threads the needle of taking a side.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
LMCane
2wealfth Man said:

betadawg1 said:

Would these be the troops where the generals requested retreat and Putin wouldn't let them? If so, these deaths are 100% on Putin and I hope Russians at home find out the truth on this.
the reports we were seeing about intercepts from Russian generals was in the southern Kherson sector

these guys are talking about the Northern Kupyiansk sector (Kharkiv and Luhansk Oblasts)
Ag In Ok
AG
Pertinent, but i would like another translation of what China said. Or other ways it could be interpreted.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I think it's pretty clear they are making a double entendres about Taiwan.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
2wealfth Man
AG
appears to me that defensive "line" is just creating a new salient begging to be pinched off again
Eliminatus
AG
74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Aye. Seen several sources now to corroborate the rushing of conscripts to the front line. Somehow, even after all the Keystone cops antics we have seen from Russia, they still continue to surprise me sometimes. What an absolute debacle this whole thing has become. I was bewildered but joyous to see them pushed back from Kiev. Now I'm just dumbfounded to see what is essentially human wave tactics in 2022 from what used to be our boogeyman.

Wild times
FriscoKid
AG
FCBlitz
Eliminatus said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Aye. Seen several sources now to corroborate the rushing of conscripts to the front line. Somehow, even after all the Keystone cops antics we have seen from Russia, they still continue to surprise me sometimes. What an absolute debacle this whole thing has become. I was bewildered but joyous to see them pushed back from Kiev. Now I'm just dumbfounded to see what is essentially human wave tactics in 2022 from what used to be our boogeyman.

Wild times
that first picture makes me think that was taken earlier in the year. It is getting cold and wet over there now. Seems like they would be wearing slightly heavier clothes.
Proc92
What are the current respective numbers for troops active in this war now? Numbers of tanks or significant weapon systems?
lb3
AG
Sorry for the detail. Wrong thread
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Proc92 said:

What are the current respective numbers for troops active in this war now? Numbers of tanks or significant weapon systems?
Hard to realistically say given neither side likely wants to give their exact strength. To my knowledge, all we can know is confirmed losses (particularly on the Russian side), and the fact that Russia is calling a "partial" mobilization and Ukraine has said they do not yet need to do so at this point. It sounds like Russia is taking heavy losses. In some OSINT sources I'm tapped into, estimated Russian KIA was over 80k KIA between Russian military and PMCs. I'm sure it's higher now.

We also know that Ukraine is being fairly conservative in their approaches, not launching full-frontal, suicidal assaults when they don't need to.
FamousAgg
Assuming the increased troops from the Russian side are able to push back the Ukes (big ask). Would the Ukes arming the local population, maybe implanting some partisans be a worthwhile tactic. I know distribution of small arms to the public was done in WWII with the liberator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

If nothing else give the locals a fighting chance against torture and rape
aezmvp
BattleGrackle said:

Assuming the increased troops from the Russian side are able to push back the Ukes (big ask). Would the Ukes arming the local population, maybe implanting some partisans be a worthwhile tactic. I know distribution of small arms to the public was done in WWII with the liberator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

If nothing else give the locals a fighting chance against torture and rape
Yes the Ukes would arm partisans. The problem with all this is these conscripts are going to be very likely to kill anyone and take everything. There will be non consequences in retaken areas. If the Russians really are going to throw human waves at this, which by all indications at least some or the initial groups are going to be... I don't think they'll be particularly effective. Once the Russians get more of these people in place, maybe? But it's going to be pretty crazy.
Waffledynamics
AG
Reported 9 hours ago on LiveUAMap. Not sure how I missed this unless it was added later with a previously marked timestamp.

Quote:

Ukrainian air defense shot down 2 Kh-59 missiles, launched by Su-35 over Black Sea towards Odesa, and similar missile launched over Melitopol towards Kryvyi Rih
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/27-september-ukrainian-air-defense-shot-down-2-kh59-missiles

Go air defense!
Fightin_Aggie
AG
javajaws said:

Waffledynamics said:

Unbelievable. This is probably the peak of Russian State TV.

LOL the woman suggesting to send rapists and art students then he goes on to suggest there are plenty of ethnic minorities they can send instead! These sound like really nice people.
This is the propaganda channel? This does not bode well for Putin.

Not surprised they are pos people, they do propaganda for a living
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Not a Bot
AG
This is a real talk show but the translations are satire.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

javajaws said:

Waffledynamics said:

Unbelievable. This is probably the peak of Russian State TV.

LOL the woman suggesting to send rapists and art students then he goes on to suggest there are plenty of ethnic minorities they can send instead! These sound like really nice people.
This is the propaganda channel? This does not bode well for Putin.

Not surprised they are pos people, they do propaganda for a living

This is satire
Waffledynamics
AG
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Waffledynamics said:

This guy is a regular Patten, if Patten were a drunk insane Russian with no leadership or military bravado

That is insane, this is like watching Russia fight in world war 1 with the equipment the Napoleonic wars.

Is this a repeat of WW1 for Russia?

It was a little further west.

As an outside observer this call up just seems like it could destabilize Russia into civil war
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
RogerEnright
Sorry, I missed that the video is fake.
Not a Bot
AG
Have to think a lot of people in these "republics" like Dagestan are going to see an opportunity. Chechnya could be a tinder box if Kadyrov gets taken out. Russia's security apparatus have had a long time to weed out the potential resistance in those areas, though.
First Page Last Page
Page 786 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.