***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,601,390 Views | 47846 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by sclaff
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who exactly do you envision giving Ukraine nukes in your hypothetical?
SPF250
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Who exactly do you envision giving Ukraine nukes in your hypothetical?
See my post just above yours. I know this is crazy. Just spit ballin.
Waffledynamics
AG
Absolutely nobody is giving Ukraine nukes. They don't need them. They've already got the support of multiple nuclear states. Giving them nukes would be high risk with little to no point.
LostInLA07
AG
I saw it...just unclear if you think there is any scenario where Russia would give Ukraine nukes because of a treaty or really for any reason at all?

Honestly I don't think the US would support arming Ukraine with nukes either. That is probably the one and only thing the US and Russia could agree on regarding Ukraine right now.
lb3
AG
SPF250 said:

Tell me why this wouldn't work as I am clearly not an attorney or a politician.

The Budapest Memorandum is the treaty whereby Ukraine and a couple of other Russian Republics gave up their nukes. Russia was a signatory. Their part of the treaty was they agreed to recognize Ukrainian sovereignty. Clearly that didn't happen. Instead of a violation of the treaty, could the treaty be voided? Give Ukraine back their nukes and go back to square one. Putin then has a whole new set of considerations before he does something else crazy.
If I were Ukraine, this would definitely be on my negotiating list but I wouldn't walk away from a deal returning Crimea just b/c Russia won't return 20 nukes.
Waffledynamics
AG
lb3
AG
Top notch training accommodations:

AlaskanAg99
AG
16 at least, probably a full salvo of 18, so 3 full launch loads....

I wonder what they're hitting for that many precision rockets?
Waffledynamics
AG
FriscoKid
AG
Burrus86
AG
It would be great if the Russians retreat in chaos from Lyman. If the Ukrainian forces can keep the momentum, we can hopefully witness another big land grab.
FriscoKid
AG

Russian army is running out of stuff.
AgLA06
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russian army is running out of stuff.

That can't be real.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Recruits being told to suppy cheap feminine hygiene products for wound care? Is this for real? Why on earth would the Russian military let the recruits film this stuff and put it on the internet for the world to see?

I'm glad things are going so poorly for the Russian military by the way. Just wish innocents on both sides weren't suffering so much though.
aggiehawg
AG
DOG XO 84
AG
lb3 said:

Top notch training accommodations:

All they need is Col. Hogan, LeBeau, Newkirk and Sgt. Schultz and the gang will be together again
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

In the four days since the announcement of Russia's first mobilization since World War II, about 260,000 men of military age have left the country, independent media outlet Novaya Gazeta Europe reported Sunday, citing a Kremlin source.
Moscow Times
wangus12
AG
Waiting for the false flag attack on that traffic jam
chris1515
AG
A friend of mine that has family in Russia claims that a lot of the traffic fleeing Russia is from people that are illegally in the country fleeing before they get discovered during mobilization sweep efforts.

He also claims that the call ups are all very targeted toward former military members. Definitely has some different spins on things than the impression I have.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

In the four days since the announcement of Russia's first mobilization since World War II, about 260,000 men of military age have left the country, independent media outlet Novaya Gazeta Europe reported Sunday, citing a Kremlin source.
Moscow Times

You know there's some Russian waking up after a 5 day bender looking around going "Comrades? Comrades?" wondering where everybody is.

But what does that translate to lost economic power and possible lost future population since these men might still be single or were planning on having more kids. Those people are not coming back unless the Russian federation is drastically different.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

But what does that translate to lost economic power and possible lost future population since these men might still be single or were planning on having more kids. Those people are not coming back unless the Russian federation is drastically different.
Unless Putin pulls a Carter and gives them amnesty when this is over. Even then, I wouldn't trust that.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian air defense shot down all 3 kamikaze drones on their way to Odesa
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/26-september-ukrainian-air-defense-shot-down-all-3-kamikaze

Waffledynamics
AG

Quote:

Ukrainian military reportedly entered Pisky-Radkivski village in Kharkiv region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/26-september-ukrainian-military-reportedly-entered-piskyradkivski

Top left: the highlighted rifle icon. I focused this so you can see Lyman. I've seen speculation that Ukraine is going for a large envelopment with moves like this as part of the execution.

Edit: More corroboration

Waffledynamics
AG

Bottom right. I included Kupyansk for orientation purposes. Are the Ukrainians that far over the river?
benchmark
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Bottom right. I included Kupyansk for orientation purposes. Are the Ukrainians that far over the river?
River (front lines) is only 9 miles away. Pinpoint accuracy regardless.
Waffledynamics
AG

Quote:

Kryvyi Rih airport is fully out of service after Russian missile strike with Kh-59 missile

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/26-september-kryvyi-rih-airport-is-fully-out-of-service-after

Waffledynamics
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Moscow Times
they are headed to the economic crap hole faster than a Stuka dive bomber
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Burrus86
AG
Quote:

But what does that translate to lost economic power and possible lost future population since these men might still be single or were planning on having more kids.

Cheap vodka for the next 15 years?
Waffledynamics
AG
agent-maroon
AG
Smart move IMO.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FriscoKid
AG
Russia is going to be lucky to hold on to Crimea at this point. Every move they are making now is desperate and digging the hole deeper and deeper.

This is going to go down in history as a pretty big military defeat. I have a hard time seeing how the two side are going to call a truce and let Russia keep one square inch of Ukraine land.

Putin made a seriously horrible judgement call in February and they got their asses kicked. If they launch Nukes then they will fail to exist as a country anymore. But, outside of Nukes I think they are out of options.
2wealfth Man
AG
looks like the TOW is now in the house. Per the tweet they will all have the Improved Target Acquisition systems.
Bird Poo
AG
I'm not hearing much about the tens of thousands of women and children that were shipped off to Eastern Russia. Was any of that confirmed?

If RU kidnapped thousands, then Zelenski should definitely take Crimea.
First Page Last Page
Page 781 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.