***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,604,590 Views | 47847 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PJYoung said:

CondensedFoggyAggie said:

First reaction: Holy *****
Second reaction: Well what did you expect, Putin?

My reaction: It's ALREADY snowing????????

Seems like a great time to mobilize +300,000 men with minimal training and transport them to an active theater.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ukraine is North of 45N latitude.

That's N Dakota/Montana and Canada lats and above.

Moscow is North of 55N lat. This is why everyone is freaking out in Europe over fuel shortages and a hard winter...

Houston is the same Lat as Cairo.
aezmvp
PJYoung said:

My reaction: It's ALREADY snowing????????
LOL I thought the same and then I thought about just how far north they are.
docb
AG
Colorado had the first snow of the season a couple of weeks ago. We live in a miserably hot place most of the year! Kind of hard for us to imagine the weather not being there but I'm sure the rain and the cold are already effecting the battle plans over there. The rain has for sure.
EastSideAg2002
False flag?

Quote:

MOSCOW (AP) A gunman opened fire in a school in central Russia on Monday, killing 15 people and wounding 24 others before shooting himself dead, authorities said.
The shooting took place in School No. 88 in Izhevsk, a city 960 kilometers (600 miles) east of Moscow in the Udmurtia region.
Russia's Investigative Committee identified the gunman as 34-year-old Artyom Kazantsev, a graduate of the same school, and said he was wearing a black t-shirt bearing "Nazi symbols". No details about his motives have been released.
The Committee said 15 people, including 11 children, were killed in the shooting, and 24 other people, including 22 children, were wounded in the attack.

The governor of Udmurtia, Alexander Brechalov, said the gunman, who he said was registered as a patient at a psychiatric facility, killed himself after the attack.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov described the shooting as "a terrorist act" and said Russian President Vladimir Putin has given all the necessary orders to the relevant authorities.
"President Putin deeply mourns deaths of people and children in the school, where a terrorist act took place," Peskov told reporters Monday.
The school educates children between grades one and 11. It has been evacuated and the area around it has been cordoned off, the governor said.
Russia's National Guard said Kazantsev used two non-lethal handguns adapted to fire real bullets. The guns were not registered with the authorities.
A criminal probe into the incident has been launched on charges of multiple murder and illegal possession of firearms.
Izhevsk, a city of 640,000, is located west of the Ural mountains in central Russia.
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

A criminal probe into the incident has been launched on charges of multiple murder and illegal possession of firearms.
Leave it to Russia to prosecute a dead guy.
txags92
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

False flag?

Quote:

MOSCOW (AP) A gunman opened fire in a school in central Russia on Monday, killing 15 people and wounding 24 others before shooting himself dead, authorities said.
The shooting took place in School No. 88 in Izhevsk, a city 960 kilometers (600 miles) east of Moscow in the Udmurtia region.
Russia's Investigative Committee identified the gunman as 34-year-old Artyom Kazantsev, a graduate of the same school, and said he was wearing a black t-shirt bearing "Nazi symbols". No details about his motives have been released.
The Committee said 15 people, including 11 children, were killed in the shooting, and 24 other people, including 22 children, were wounded in the attack.

The governor of Udmurtia, Alexander Brechalov, said the gunman, who he said was registered as a patient at a psychiatric facility, killed himself after the attack.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov described the shooting as "a terrorist act" and said Russian President Vladimir Putin has given all the necessary orders to the relevant authorities.
"President Putin deeply mourns deaths of people and children in the school, where a terrorist act took place," Peskov told reporters Monday.
The school educates children between grades one and 11. It has been evacuated and the area around it has been cordoned off, the governor said.
Russia's National Guard said Kazantsev used two non-lethal handguns adapted to fire real bullets. The guns were not registered with the authorities.
Izhevsk, a city of 640,000, is located west of the Ural mountains in central Russia.

Another play out of Clancy's playbook. Now the state will make a huge production out of mourning the children of Pskov...err I mean Izhevsk and calling for national vengeance against the country that sent the terrorist who killed them (obviously Ukraine, right? /s).
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark
AG
Nice get. Kupyansk-Uzlovoi and Kupyansk are both critical rail crossroads and railyards. Only one other northern rail line into Russia remaining through Troitske about 25 miles east of the front lines.

FriscoKid
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG

Surprised this hasn't happened more, but this may be the act that opens the flood gates.
SwigAg11
AG
Geez, how many men is that?

Edit: Google says it's 130-150 men depending on troop type.
GeorgiAg
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Username checks out...
92AG10
AG
SwigAg11 said:

Geez, how many men is that?
About 130-150 at full strength.
FriscoKid
AG
lobopride
Why torture the parents like that? As a parent I can't imagine going through that.
chickencoupe16
AG
lobopride said:

Why torture the parents like that? As a parent I can't imagine going through that.

As the Ukrainian said: "Well, your son came to kill our people." This phone call serves serves to divide the Russian people and any damage done to the parents is far less than that done by the son. Besides, at least the son gets to speak to his parents and let them know he is relatively ok.
Robk
chickencoupe16 said:

lobopride said:

As the Ukrainian said: "Well, your son came to kill our people." This phone call serves serves to divide the Russian people and any damage done to the parents is far less than that done by the son. Besides, at least the son gets to speak to his parents and let them know he is relatively ok.

In one of his other videos.
Mom: what is going to happen to my son?
Interviewer: Well the worse thing that is going to happen to him is he is going to fat. We actually feed your son unlike your army.
docb
AG
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a41298207/western-tanks-could-be-sent-to-ukraine/
I think this may be more of a reality. It sure looks like Ukraine is going to prevail in this war so I think the rationale for these tanks will be a future deterrent. They may not be NATO but it would be wise to arm them as such when this is all done.
CondensedFogAggie
Robk said:

chickencoupe16 said:

lobopride said:

In one of his other videos.
Mom: what is going to happen to my son?
Interviewer: Well the worse thing that is going to happen to him is he is going to fat. We actually feed your son unlike your army.

Considering Russians are castrating some Ukrainian POW's, this is pretty majestic behavior. I'm not saying there isn't bad treatment of Russian POW's going on, but the entire country is off the chart livid.
CondensedFogAggie

GeorgiAg
AG
If I'm Ukraine, I want tactical and short range nukes. Takes away Russia's threat. Nuke us? Moscow's gonna glow at night.

I know the world doesn't want that, but it stops any thought of it from Russia's side.
Ulysses90
AG
lobopride said:

The Ukrainian didn't curse at the parents (at least not in this phone call), he didn't threaten their son, he asked them a question: "when do think Russians will realize that they should not come to Ukraine?" That's not unreasonable.

I believe that the intent is obvious. The desired outcome is to mobilize the ignorant parents of Russian soldiers. This soldier's parents were on the couch and not engaged to protest and seemed to have swallowed the lies that he would not be deployed. Every little bit helps but getting the parents of POWs engaged is a worthy effort.

Demosthenes81
AG
Here is an interesting thread on the more esoteric vehicles being used in the war. From state of the art tanks to a Maxim machine gun on a Wagon.

Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
FamousAgg
GeorgiAg said:

If I'm Ukraine, I want tactical and short range nukes. Takes away Russia's threat. Nuke us? Moscow's gonna glow at night.

I know the world doesn't want that, but it stops any thought of it from Russia's side.

No one is going to be giving the Ukes nukes.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
He also said that their goal is to do prisoner swaps but the Russians are denying that the Ukrainians even have Russian POWs at all so by getting the parents to state that their children are in fact POWs, they can get the Russians to swap for Ukrainians. So twofold…(1) POW recognition; (2) Get the people stirred up against the war.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MouthBQ98
AG
Russia is threatening with nukes as deterrent since their conventional forces are so strained. That's as much to remind their domestic population that they have that power and are some degree of superpower for morale purposes as anything, and to subtly discourage anyone else from making moves against Russia itself. They don't have a doctrine of using them in offensive war fighting. The only potential complication is very specifically how they treat these referendums for Luhansk and Donetsk, but Russia hasn't done anything to indicate a strategic or tactical posturing towards using any type of nuclear arsenal.
74OA
AG
Mobilization may be the straw that breaks the Russian economy's back.

"In Russia's poorer regions like Buryatia, the economic consequences will be disastrous, as "thousands of families will be left without income, and local medium and small businesses will simply die out," Inozemtsev wrote. Russia will also lose at minimum hundreds of thousands of men to the war's frontline, and 3 to 4 million more will "disappear" from the labor market," he wrote."

Here's Hoping
FriscoKid
AG
Amazing turnout in the voting for "independence from Ukraine"

In the middle of a war and with the majority of citizens not even in town anymore they somehow got 80% participation. I know that we have trouble trusting our vote counts here in the US, but this one seems even more unlikely.
74OA
AG
Video of massive border traffic backup at the 1-minute mark.

JAM
SPF250
AG
Tell me why this wouldn't work as I am clearly not an attorney or a politician.

The Budapest Memorandum is the treaty whereby Ukraine and a couple of other Russian Republics gave up their nukes. Russia was a signatory. Their part of the treaty was they agreed to recognize Ukrainian sovereignty. Clearly that didn't happen. Instead of a violation of the treaty, could the treaty be voided? Give Ukraine back their nukes and go back to square one. Putin then has a whole new set of considerations before he does something else crazy.
74OA
AG
SPF250 said:

The Budapest Memorandum is the treaty whereby Ukraine and a couple of other Russian Republics gave up their nukes. Russia was a signatory. Their part of the treaty was they agreed to recognize Ukrainian sovereignty. Clearly that didn't happen. Instead of a violation of the treaty, could the treaty be voided? Give Ukraine back their nukes and go back to square one. Putin then has a whole new set of considerations before he does something else crazy.
IIRC, the former USSR's nukes in Ukraine were sent (returned?) to Russia and it ain't giving them back
SPF250
AG
74OA said:

SPF250 said:

IIRC, the former USSR's nukes in Ukraine were sent (returned?) to Russia and it ain't giving them back
Why couldn't we do it under Lend Lease? Just making them whole on a voided treaty.
First Page Last Page
Page 780 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.