***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,607,974 Views | 47849 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLA06 said:

CondensedFoggyAggie said:

"I fought in the war for 5 minutes, asked to stay on Ukrainian side" - Russian soldier in capture

Surprisingly interesting interview. Russian soldier is continuously lied to, his tank hit by an RPG, surrenders, and now helps the Ukes maintain and fix armored vehicles.

This is nuts and sounds like the norm for conscripts and recent enlistment.

They lie to them about the contracts, pay, and where they will be stationed.

Soviet era equipment and clothes. 1/3 of which was operable and according to him, every one had something broken.

They give the little to no training and got zero live fire training. In his case 15 minutes of practice time driving a tank a day for a week before being shipped to the front.

Only had limited ammo and no contact with infantry support. Believes his tank group was used as bait to locate / draw Ukrainian fire. He was the only one to survive.

They are told not to surrender because of pending torture and death by Ukrainians and given grenades to end it.

Turns out everything Russia told him was a lie and he'd prefer to earn Ukrainian trust and stay to help them instead of getting shipped back. Especially considering Ukrainian troops tried, but Russians wouldn't exchange him or recover their dead.

I repeat, nuts!

and that guy was being enlisted back in the spring when things were going great for the Russkies!

imagine the clusterF that is going on right now with drafted conscripts being handed rusty rifles.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Only had limited ammo and no contact with infantry support. Believes his tank group was used as bait to locate / draw Ukrainian fire. He was the only one to survive.
I'm no fan of the rus and don't wish good things for them, but that effin sucks. No wonder he wants to stay in Ukraine
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
74OA
AG
Waffledynamics said:

****ing animals.

Chilling screams.............
74OA
AG
74OA said:

Yet another reason why all of the roughly $350B of Putin's money frozen in western banks should be transferred to Ukraine as war reparations.

The mines will take years to clear. PERVASIVE
GAC06
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Lots of reports of increased use of Russia's air force after seemingly trying to conserve it. Seems to corroborate the desperate situation from the Russian point of view. Daytime low/medium altitude visual bombing is a death sentence against modern MANPADS. They need to either stay high and risk getting shot by bigger stuff or stay very low. Both of those don't work when you need to visually acquire the enemy because of a lack of PGM's and crappy intel/targeting/command and control.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Putin increasingly becoming desperate….
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
mmh
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

That's insane. The bag and the Mosin are both from 1940.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
FamousAgg
Reported that this was a re-enactment photo
2wealfth Man
AG
all these folks lined up to leave at the borders has got to be another serious economic and human capital blow to Putin. Like I am wondering how the hell anything of any importance is getting done there right now; much less prosecute a war.
Who?mikejones!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci5ZRGaOE_z/

**language warning
aggiehawg
AG
2wealfth Man said:

all these folks lined up to leave at the borders has got to be another serious economic and human capital blow to Putin. Like I am wondering how the hell anything of any importance is getting done there right now; much less prosecute a war.
There was also a steady brain drain happening as large multinational companies pulled their business from Russia, taking their Russian employees they wanted to retain, with them.

Then there is the idling of plants that cannot get raw materials nor components for manufacturing.

Whenever this thing ends, win or lose, Russia will not be an economic power for a long time. And China won't be in a strong enough position to bail them out.
AgLA06
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci5ZRGaOE_z/

**language warning

Won't play for me.
Not a Bot
AG
I've been an airplane geek my entire life and to me there is no more surprising element of this war than the lack of effectiveness of the Russian Air Force. It is mind-boggling.
Who?mikejones!
An American volunteer got hit in the helmet with an rpg and walked away

I dont know why I can't inbed Instagram links. I've tried to follow the instructions

AgLA06
AG
Ok, thanks. I saw that on Reddit.

I imagine he was pretty shaky once the adrenaline wore off and the reality of the situation set in after the fact.

TRM
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagr.am/p/Ci5ZRGaOE_z

**language warning
fify
lb3
AG
All you can do is laugh when cheating death like that.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Really good thread with a lot of map updates for the ISW.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1573815372087791616.html
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg
AG
I'm sorry but I got lost in the translation here. What happened?
AgLA06
AG
aggiehawg said:

"In Belgorod Oblast, a 43-year-old soldier, Viktor Perigibsky, has stolen a KAMAZ and escaped from a military unit armed with an assault rifle. Police and Rosgvardia forces are searching for him". I have a strong feeling we will see a lot more of this in the coming months.
aggiehawg
AG
That was very helpful. Thank you very little.

Russian soldier defected with a big weapon? Is that correct?
agent-maroon
AG
A KAMAZ is just a big truck if that's what you're wondering
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DCPD158
AG
aggiehawg said:

KAMAZ is a big truck. Guy has an AK
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
AgLA06
AG
aggiehawg said:

Let me Google that for you.

KAMAZ is a Russian truck manufacturer.

He escaped (AWOL) in a light duty hauling truck with an AK.
AlaskanAg99
AG
RU can't afford to lose the truck or the gun.
No Spin Ag
AgLA06 said:

aggiehawg said:

"In Belgorod Oblast, a 43-year-old soldier, Viktor Perigibsky, has stolen a KAMAZ and escaped from a military unit armed with an assault rifle. Police and Rosgvardia forces are searching for him". I have a strong feeling we will see a lot more of this in the coming months.

You hate to see it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
First Page Last Page
Page 776 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.