***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,612,045 Views | 47851 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
agyellow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
74OA said:

lb3 said:

74OA said:

lb3 said:

Was this a 215 for 1 swap?
Come on, the answer is in the very first sentence of the article.
It gave the name of a single Russian. It didn't say whether he was the only one in the trade. Given the headaches releasing Azov fighters will cause Putin, I'm shocked he felt one man was worth so much.
"Ukraine and Russia have completed a prisoner swap in which hundreds of fighters and civilians were returned to Ukraine in exchange for the freeing of 55 Russians and Viktor Medvedchuk, Putin's key ally in Ukraine and his daughter's godfather."

The link notes "Viktor Medvedchuk, Putin's key ally in Ukraine and his daughter's godfather."
lb3
AG
74OA said:

lb3 said:

74OA said:

lb3 said:

Was this a 215 for 1 swap?
Come on, the answer is in the very first sentence of the article.
It gave the name of a single Russian. It didn't say whether he was the only one in the trade. Given the headaches releasing Azov fighters will cause Putin, I'm shocked he felt one man was worth so much.
"Ukraine and Russia have completed a prisoner swap in which hundreds of fighters and civilians were returned to Ukraine in exchange for the freeing of 55 Russians and Viktor Medvedchuk, Putin's key ally in Ukraine and his daughter's godfather."
Thanks, I must have clicked on a different article.
Waffledynamics
AG

I'm not even going to bother giving a summary on this one. A lot of it is Russian State TV clips, and they're hilariously uncomfortable about the reality on the ground in Ukraine.
Who?mikejones!
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Agthatbuilds said:

The original tweet I pasted was deleted, so also deleting my post in case that document was fake.

2wealfth Man
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Agthatbuilds said:

The original tweet I pasted was deleted, so also deleting my post in case that document was fake.

amazing they already had these forms ready
FriscoKid
AG
Russia is desperate right now. This might not be a good thing and probably why Putin made the nuclear threat. Their losses have been pretty staggering and I'm not sure what they can send forward except for more bodies.

Most of their best divisions and equipment is gone. Ukraine has been destroying or capturing big stockpiles over the past few weeks. A caged animal is a dangerous animal. I'd hope that Ukraine keeps hitting Kherson (from a distance though) because that seems to be where Russia is taking a stand.
agsalaska
AG
agent-maroon said:

How can you not be using forklifts? Not that this was a great idea or perhaps even legal, but I was driving a forklift all over a water bottling business just after I had my DL at age 15! Is the problem in affording the investment or is it "skilled" labor or what?

I used to think the rus were smart. I don't think that anymore.
Right.

How hard is it to drive a forklift. Anybody that can drive anything can figure out a forklift.

That tells me as much about the Russian Army as anything else I have read in months.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Gordo14
FriscoKid said:

Russia is desperate right now. This might not be a good thing and probably why Putin made the nuclear threat. Their losses have been pretty staggering and I'm not sure what they can send forward except for more bodies.

Most of their best divisions and equipment is gone. Ukraine has been destroying or capturing big stockpiles over the past few weeks. A caged animal is a dangerous animal. I'd hope that Ukraine keeps hitting Kherson (from a distance though) because that seems to be where Russia is taking a stand.

The only way for a just outcome in Ukraine is for Russia to get desperate - so it is only a good thing for Russia to be desperate. I'm also not in denial that a nuclear power that is desperate isn't ideal and could be damgerous. But Putin made this bed and I hope he suffers until his ass gets couped and a new Russian leader is forced to come to terms with what they did. The alternative to a desperate Russia is a conquered Ukraine. We cannot let nuclear powers invade liberal countries with impunity just because they could theoretically do really bad things. They know that if they cross that red line it is impossible for them to win. The only leverage they have left is our fear.

I feel like we've handled this invasion brilliantly. Do just enough to support Ukraine so that they can win. Don't do enough to the point Russia can successfully play the victim to the world. Be vague enough about retaliations to chemical and nuclear weapons that Russia must respect limitless responses if he crossed that red line. And completely isolate Russia from the world so that nobody, except the truly irrelevant countries, would actually back Russia if they did cross that line.

My hope is that now Putin has crossed the perverbial Rubicon (mobilization, illegal annexations, and desperate nuclear threats), we change our gameplan. We double or even triple our support to Ukraine. We let them use our weapons against Russian military targets in Russia (but make it clear civilian targets are off limits period). And we no longer announce specifically anything we are doing to help Ukraine at all. We let Russian imaginations run wild as we give Ukraine the tools to win with overpowering force. Now is the time to press the advantage, and we let Russia whine into the nether as they desentigrate from within. Nobody feels sorry for Russia. They did this to themselves.
GAC06
AG
agsalaska said:

agent-maroon said:

How can you not be using forklifts? Not that this was a great idea or perhaps even legal, but I was driving a forklift all over a water bottling business just after I had my DL at age 15! Is the problem in affording the investment or is it "skilled" labor or what?

I used to think the rus were smart. I don't think that anymore.
Right.

How hard is it to drive a forklift. Anybody that can drive anything can figure out a forklift.

That tells me as much about the Russian Army as anything else I have read in months.

It's not that they can't drive forklifts. It's that their antiquated logistics don't use palletized loads
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
The level of disconnect in your post is amazing; WOW!
CondensedFogAggie

This is where the Mongolian border crossing is. My goodness Russians are fleeing to every corner of the earth.

Did Putin seriously kick off one of the largest refugee crisis in recent memory.... in his own damn country?
RONA Ag
AG

This is where the Mongolian border crossing is. My goodness Russians are fleeing to every corner of the earth.

Did Putin seriously kick off one of the largest refugee crisis in recent memory.... in his own damn country?

This more than anything signifys Putins complete collapse. Economically every draft eligible male with brains is fleeing the country. Going to be disastrous for their economy. We're about to see the slow decline of Russia reach hyper drive
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Several Russian servicemen reportedly killed as result of explosion in Melitopol

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-september-several-russian-servicemen-reportedly-killed
Waffledynamics
AG
New word just dropped: Blyatskrieg

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blyatskrieg
Gordo14
Ag in Tiger Country said:

The level of disconnect in your post is amazing; WOW!

Not really. It's all about a desperate Russia. 1) a desperate Russia is a good thing, 2) reflect on how we've (helped) managed to make Russia desperate without escalating, 3) now that Russia is clearly desperate, what should we change. The whole thing is related; I'm just counting on the audience to make the connections.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Those protesters who got conscripted and sent to the Russia army I'm sure will be highly motivated soldiers.
Who?mikejones!
Pumpkinhead said:

Those protesters who got conscripted and sent to the Russia army I'm sure will be highly motivated soldiers.

They can die at the hands of the Ukrainians or they can die at the hands of the Russians. Either one will provide the bullet.
MouthBQ98
AG
You must take care with a desperate power with nuclear weapons. What if they become nihilistic in with hopeless spite? The need to perceive there is something worth preserving
dtkprowler
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Pumpkinhead said:

They can die at the hands of the Ukrainians or they can die at the hands of the Russians. Either one will provide the bullet.
They can surrender or desert once deployed. Hope they are able to take those routes.
jobu93
AG
Or they can frag their officers and commissars.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Key Takeaways

Russian President Vladimir Putin's announced "partial mobilization" will not materially affect the course of the war in the coming months.

Putin did not explicitly threaten to use nuclear weapons if Ukraine continues counter-offensive operations to liberate occupied areas after Russian annexation.

Ukrainian forces likely continued offensive operations around Lyman.

Ukrainian forces conducted strikes north and east of Kherson City as part of an operational-level interdiction campaign against Russian logistics, military, and transportation assets in Kherson Oblast.

Ukrainian and Russian sources identified three areas of kinetic activity on September 21: northwest of Kherson City, near the Ukrainian bridgehead over the Inhulets River, and south of the Kherson-Dnipropetrovsk Oblast border around Vysokopillya.

Russian federal subjects (regions) are continuing crypto-mobilization efforts regardless of Russian President Vladimir Putin's declaration of partial mobilization.

Russian-appointed occupation administrators are likely increasing law enforcement and filtration measures in occupied areas of Ukraine in preparation for Russia's sham annexation referenda.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-september-21
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Well, that's not ideal.

Waffledynamics
AG

Lmao go **** yourselves, Russia.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Crack troops incoming.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

Taking out those S-300 missile systems would be nice.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
titan
S
MouthBQ98 said:

You must take care with a desperate power with nuclear weapons. What if they become nihilistic in with hopeless spite? The need to perceive there is something worth preserving
THIS.

Surprised they don't see it more. They think some kind international law is going to be some deterrent?
And they keep assuming it will take military formation form (nuclear being a military action, like troops). If was Putin, would lash out at the governments, not their people. The deciders.
RONA Ag
AG
Waffledynamics said:

This, absolutely no sympathy for the Russian populace. They allowed this by condoning these activities as far back as 2014
titan
S

"Overwhelming evidence of genocide" --- they really think the Russians are seeing this so clearly? Think of those watching CNN and MSNBC about Trump.

There were Russian protests about the war. They have been driven into being quiet. They stopped short of full censorship of anti-war sentiment in order to keep a modicum of appearances. The rule enacted was no public objection in spaces like squares or large venues.
74OA
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Well, that's not ideal.

DRONE
Waffledynamics
AG
Consider the source (obvious bias), but also that the new protestors and deserters somehow feel okay doing those things now.

Either way, it doesn't speak well for morale, which should say a lot about the people being called up and how effective they will be.

It also threatens to raise the temperature within Russia.
First Page Last Page
Page 767 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.