***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,612,231 Views | 47851 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by 74OA
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I wonder how long those were mothballed and if they actually have all the key parts needed. Seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Who?mikejones!
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!

Mobilization is going to go well
Who?mikejones!
74OA
AG
74OA
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
docb
AG
Amazing that one man is causing the implosion of an entire country. I never thought we'd see a real life Hitler again.
wangus12
AG
Zobel said:

Great article detailing some of the volunteer small unit tactics in WSJ yesterday. Highly recommend.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-invasion-ukraine-battle-of-kyiv-ragtag-army-11663683336
Anyway to read this without a subscription?
Waffledynamics
AG
Put it into archive.today
AgBank
AG
PJYoung said:

Yes our concern is less about what Putin will do with his nukes and more about fractured Russia and who will be in control of those nukes in the future. You can certainly bet they won't give them up like Ukraine did when they broke away from the Soviet Union.
Exactly. Although to clarify, it is the fractured states that may not relinquish control of their nukes to Russia.

Also, I wonder if there will be some nasty fighting if there is a power vacuum.

Ulysses90
AG
AgLA06 said:

Waffledynamics said:

I wonder how long those were mothballed and if they actually have all the key parts needed. Seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Just a reminder that the T-62s have a 115mm main gun whereas the T-72, T-80, and T-90 used 125mm guns. Not only are the tanks ancient but the ammo hasn't been produced in almost 40 years and it lacks an auto-loader meaning that it requires a crew of 4 vice 3.

There has been evidence as far back as March that the Russians were only able to put two soldiers in the turret of many tanks so the T-62s are of zero help to their fight. The fact that they are even being shipped to Ukraine is an overt admission that Russia's military is beaten but the functionaries in the supporting establishment just continue to follow orders and send more useless crap on top of what has already been sent.
lb3
AG
LMCane said:

CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Russian troops were already freezing and starving a few months ago when their offensive started stalling.

They lost a **** ton of materials, logistics, and soldiers, and now they're going to throw in reserves into the teeth of winter? Against Ukrainians that are better armed every day? Whom US and the entirety of Europe will continue to supply winter uniforms/gear, ammo, and more and more artillery?

Ukraine has shown they can be both on the offensive and defensive depending on the situation. A ton of Russians are going to die.
really good point you just brought up..

NATO may not donate a hundred Abrams MBT to Ukraine,

but they sure as heck will be sending over hundreds of thousands of cold weather snow uniforms and winterized equipment in the next two months (Finland and Sweden say "Hi Vlad!!")...

anyone think that the Russkies have the same supplies built up for their "new" army?
I'm sure they have tons of cold weather gear in storage. Right next to the 50 year old bandages they sent to the front:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/putins-troops-using-50-year-26552513

Russian troops will be wearing moth eaten wool sweaters under oiled canvas parkas while Ukraine wears the latest synthetic and Gortex cold/wet weather gear.
Bag
AG
What are the odds that Russia loses control of the Crimea over this?

That would be the ultimate irony
Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG
wangus12
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Color me shocked the rich kids don't want to go to war. So unpatriotic
FriscoKid
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Looks like another ship just joined the submarine fleet.
mosdefn14
AG
In a previous life, I was an inventory management/process improvement consultant to the OASD. One of my projects was identifying and disposing of obsolete inventory across .mil and .gov, with the goal of shutting down/bulldozing a good number of warehouses.

I was amazed at the amount of inventory (qty & nsns both) that hadn't been used in 60-80 years, and have had multiple replacements in my lifetime. Think cold weather gear, mess hall trays, metal water coolers, etc. Many of these studies concluded with the result that it was too costly to dispose of these, or the disposal process couldn't handle it, or it couldn't go to foreign military/law enforcement etc. for various reasons...so keep the status quo and don't be in a hurry to put out a warehouse fire should the opportunity arise.

Maybe Putin is just using this as an opportunity to clear out his warehouse?
Not a Bot
AG
jobu93
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Those arrested will be forming up the new BTGs.
txags92
AG
oldmanguy said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Those arrested will be forming up the new BTGs.
Just the kind of troops they need to defeat a battle-tested, well trained, and highly motivated Ukrainian Army.
Not a Bot
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

are those just loosely stacked in that truck
tremble
AG
mosdefn14 said:

In a previous life, I was an inventory management/process improvement consultant to the OASD. One of my projects was identifying and disposing of obsolete inventory across .mil and .gov, with the goal of shutting down/bulldozing a good number of warehouses.

I was amazed at the amount of inventory (qty & nsns both) that hadn't been used in 60-80 years, and have had multiple replacements in my lifetime. Think cold weather gear, mess hall trays, metal water coolers, etc. Many of these studies concluded with the result that it was too costly to dispose of these, or the disposal process couldn't handle it, or it couldn't go to foreign military/law enforcement etc. for various reasons...so keep the status quo and don't be in a hurry to put out a warehouse fire should the opportunity arise.

Maybe Putin is just using this as an opportunity to clear out his warehouse?

Seems like a wonderful opportunity to use our BDUs for something useful. I finally managed to divest myself of most of my UCP gear so that seems like something else we can send over.
PJYoung
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Private PoopyPants said:

are those just loosely stacked in that truck

There's been a bunch of Twitter threads on Russian logistics that talk about Russia's inability to use forklifts and pallets. Their war effort is from another century or two back. It really is incredible how Ukraine has opened a lot of eyes. The Empire has no clothes.
P.U.T.U
AG
FAB-500s are unguided bombs dropped by bombers. Seeing the location of the truck it looks like Russia is going to keep bombing the Ukraine troops north of Crimea
JFABNRGR
AG
There is a good chance the nuke threats and mobilization orders by putin are for 1 attempting to dilute western aid supply to ukraine AND try to bolster what was once a much stronger bargaining position to keep captured Ukrainian lands. Without much thought this was probably sometime back when they were closest to Kiev. At this stage should he had agreed to back off Kyiv he probably could have kept the gains in the east and south but now he recognizes that most of his 2014 gains are at serious risk and cost to keep.

New thought given the comments of defense commissioner stating martial law there is a good possibility a portion of the 300k called up will bolster the riot police and or putins protection from internal threats.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
PJYoung
AG

lb3
AG
Bag said:

What are the odds that Russia loses control of the Crimea over this?

That would be the ultimate irony
It all depends on whether the US continues to provide arms and intelligence. If we want the Ukes to take Crimea, we can be assured that it will happen.
Wrec86 Ag
It feels like this is Putin's last major decision.... and he's still going all-in. If he was going to take an off-ramp, it would have had to have been now. He has to realize that taking all of Ukraine (or even going further than that) is a losing battle. Right?

At this point, Putin probably just needs to die for this to be over. I just don't want him to throw a temper tantrum (nuke) on the way out.
Raiderjay
Wrec86 Ag said:

It feels like this is Putin's last major decision.... and he's still going all-in. If he was going to take an off-ramp, it would have had to have been now. He has to realize that taking all of Ukraine (or even going further than that) is a losing battle. Right?

At this point, Putin probably just needs to die for this to be over. I just don't want him to throw a temper tantrum (nuke) on the way out.

KGB needs to "Order 66" him and his cronies.....
agent-maroon
AG
How can you not be using forklifts? Not that this was a great idea or perhaps even legal, but I was driving a forklift all over a water bottling business just after I had my DL at age 15! Is the problem in affording the investment or is it "skilled" labor or what?

I used to think the rus were smart. I don't think that anymore.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 765 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.