***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,613,177 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by 74OA
dtkprowler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a single western country that has supplied aid to Ukraine is going to bat an eye at a sham referendum. Their aid is already blowing up russians. They know that. Russia knows that. A fake referendum will have zero affect.
Waffledynamics
AG
I don't think they'll recognize it as Russian territory and will disregard the referendums.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
dtkprowler said:

Not a single western country that has supplied aid to Ukraine is going to bat an eye at a sham referendum. Their aid is already blowing up russians. They know that. Russia knows that. A fake referendum will have zero affect.
I was thinking about this "vote" this morning and was initially perplexed. Like did they really think that any one in the world would be like, "welp, you got us. we were going to storm in and push you out through violent force but since you voted and said pretty please, we will let you keep the portion of the sovereign country you just invaded"

but now i think this would really just be done to help sell their internal propaganda. probably makes the charade easier to continue selling that this is really about helping people who are really Russians and want to be a part of Russia but only aren't due to the aggression of Uke Nazis. The state media can now hold up this vote as evidence supporting their tale to people who only see the news that Russia gives them.
Who?mikejones!
dtkprowler said:

I dont disagree with your opinion of the western response.

I really wonder what Russia will try to get away with and justify through these sham referendums
Waffledynamics
AG
Russia managed to take a substation in the Donetsk region, near Bakhmut.

Waffledynamics
AG

Burrus86
AG
Waffledynamics said:

When you watch the videos of Ukrainian troops, you can tell they are loose and in good spirits. As long as their morale stays high, I think they can persevere!
Waffledynamics
AG
txags92
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

dtkprowler said:

I was thinking about this "vote" this morning and was initially perplexed. Like did they really think that any one in the world would be like, "welp, you got us. we were going to storm in and push you out through violent force but since you voted and said pretty please, we will let you keep the portion of the sovereign country you just invaded"

but now i think this would really just be done to help sell their internal propaganda. probably makes the charade easier to continue selling that this is really about helping people who are really Russians and want to be a part of Russia but only aren't due to the aggression of Uke Nazis. The state media can now hold up this vote as evidence supporting their tale to people who only see the news that Russia gives them.
Apparently their laws that allow mobilization don't allow it in the case of offensive operations, only to defend Russia. So if they hold these votes and annex these areas, now they are defending Russia and can mobilize more troops. Like you said, it is entirely for internal consumption, and Russia doesn't realistically expect anybody to recognize these areas as part of Russia.
aggiehawg
AG
Who?mikejones!
aggiehawg said:

My bet is they are gonna call for a full mobilization pending the referendum results and tell the Russian people the new Russian citizens are begging for their help to push out the nazi invaders
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian military attempted to destroy a dam in Pechenihy without success, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/20-september-russian-military-attempted-to-destroy-a-dam

This is in the Kharkiv region. Wish I could take a screenshot of the map right now, as it looks to be an important crossing at a big reservoir.
AgLA06
AG
I'm torn.

Wouldn't be that hard to hit the voting sites so no vote happens.

Then again, is that just playing into Russian hands and killing "civilians".
FancyKetchup14
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

aggiehawg said:

My bet is they are gonna call for a full mobilization pending the referendum results and tell the Russian people the new Russian citizens are begging for their help to push out the nazi invaders

Yep. Or say "look at this "poll," the people of Ukraine want to be a part of Russia. They're Russian now! Ukraine is attacking Russian land!"
AgLA06
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

Russian military attempted to destroy a dam in Pechenihy without success, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/20-september-russian-military-attempted-to-destroy-a-dam

This is in the Kharkiv region. Wish I could take a screenshot of the map right now, as it looks to be an important crossing at a big reservoir.
That's really close to Kharkiv itself. Probably need to move some air defenses a little closer that way.
AgLA06
AG
I'm kind of surprised they haven't pressed the attack in the northeast. It almost seems like they've essentially paused for the time being.

It would seem pressing the attack and taking key crossroads of Svatove and Starobilsk would do more damage to the east by cutting off reinforcements and supplies than taking it head on .
agent-maroon
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm torn.

I wouldn't doubt that they've already had a sham vote and have the results to share tonight. Nobody is really going to believe it anyways.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GeorgiAg
AG
pretty cool video shows them using drones for tank recon, then pounding it with artillery. It was on a telegram channel, so I'm unsure how to best post the link.

https://t.me/ukr_pics/6321
GeorgiAg
AG
Here is another video posted on Telegram. A bunch of Russians get in an armored carrier and drive off. Driver sees two APC already destroyed and decided to drive between them, right on top of a mine. Kaboom.

Bad decision dude.

https://t.me/c/1503764943/345164
Waffledynamics
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
Fightin_Aggie
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm torn.

Votes don't matter. Only the vote counters.

Results will be 95% for Russia
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
AlaskanAg99
AG
At this point what does Russia have left in bulk? They're already losing T90Ms.

Not sure the volume they have left to commit, or that be relocating troops from elsewhere this won't cause other local uprisings
Who?mikejones!
Waffledynamics
AG

NATO agrees: no sham referendums will be accepted.
MouthBQ98
AG
They are playing for international arbitration that gives them something to get "peace".
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

They are playing for international arbitration that gives them something to get "peace".
Can you expand on that?
Waffledynamics
AG
dtkprowler
AG
Haven't Ukes already bombed Belgorod or whatever it is within Russian territory?
Waffledynamics
AG
Keep in mind also that Russia claims that they own Crimea, and the world disagrees. They did not throw WMDs in response to the attacks there.
Who?mikejones!
MouthBQ98 said:

Not gonna get it if no one recognizes the referendum
Who?mikejones!
dtkprowler said:

Haven't Ukes already bombed Belgorod or whatever it is within Russian territory?

I think it's been chalked up to partisans, but yes, ukes have attacked inside Russia. The big red line is western weapons vs Ukrainian weapons hitting inside Russian territory.
Who?mikejones!
GAC06
AG
There was at least one helicopter strike in Russia by Ukraine early on
74OA
AG
"Possession is nine-tenths of the law."

Not absolute, but still largely true. Ukraine understands this, which is why it is desperate to preempt these farcical referendums to avoid Russia gaining even a thin veneer of cynical legitimacy for continued aggression. We've seen repeatedly how Russia can milk even the most blatant lie to curry domestic support--which it will need in order to justify mobilization.

MOBILIZATION
First Page Last Page
Page 760 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.