***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,613,718 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It takes little movement to blow an IV unless you suture it into place and even then it can be problematic. Moving and sweating in combat situations is a guaranteed blown IV.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
This. A friend's kid has gone through a few PICC lines over the course of his cancer treatment, and i was thinking something similar but less invasive. That's exactly it
AgLA06
AG
BattleGrackle said:

The newer IVs don't leave any needle in your arm. The needle is inside the catheter and then pulls out after inserting. Leaves you with a small plastic catheter in the vein. I think it would be possible to have one in prior to combat, it could cause other issues.

I think they're being dramatic. Taping one to you while you sweat, run, and crawl in the dirt isn't realistic. That's just a good way to lose a perfectly good and important piece of medical gear. Having one strapped to your gear like they used to do with bandages on the helmets so it's visible in case you get hit is another.

There may also be something lost in translation. While it's supposedly an American volunteer, I imagine it's an Ukrainian writing the story.
FamousAgg
Makes my skin crawl just to think about moving very much with that in my veins…
B-1 83
AG
Staff - clean up the IV derails and let's get back to killing Ivan.
FamousAgg
It's a "tactic" read the thread name
Waffledynamics
AG

Quote:

Head of regional administration of Luhansk region Haidai: Ukrainian military have liberated and fully secured Bilohorivka in Luhansk region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-head-of-regional-administration-of-luhansk-region

Ukraine is moving Northward to Kreminna.

Quote:

Occupation authorities in Donetsk region claimed Ukrainian assault repelled at Kreminna
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-occupation-authorities-in-donetsk-region-claimed
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Yeah good luck with that.

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian troops are shelling both banks of Kakhovka water reservoir. Water supply cut off in Enerhodar
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-russian-troops-are-shelling-both-banks-of-kakhovka
ABATTBQ11
AG
I dunno. They're the ones assaulting positions in tree lines over open ground. We don't hear about it, but they're probably taking significant losses. It may not help anything, but then again it may save a life. I find it hard to judge because I'm not there.
benchmark
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Kryvyi Rih was shelled with MLRS Smerch - head of regional administration
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-kryvyi-rih-was-shelled-with-mlrs-smerch--head
Waffledynamics
AG
Footage of a tank battle in the Kherson area. That terrain is so flat you could convince me it's Kansas or Oklahoma. If you turn the subtitles on, they're in English.

74OA
AG
Hello, my name is Priya, how may I help you today? TELEMAINTENANCE
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Occupation authorities in parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine say "members of public chambers" call for hold referendums on annexation by Russian Federation immediately
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-occupation-authorities-in-parts-of-donetsk-and
FriscoKid
AG

Some debate on who did the shelling. Since 95% of it has been Russian's shelling cities and Ukraine shelling Russian troops, I know what side I would take here.
74OA
AG
Russia's most advanced operational tank captured.

Nicely gift-wrapped, too.

T-90M
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
74OA said:

T-90M
The alphabet must be having fun right now reverse engineering all of these presents. I'm guessing that one of the unwritten agreements for support was that any tech requested gets turned over to NATO.
74OA
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

74OA said:

T-90M
The alphabet must be having fun right now reverse engineering all of these presents. I'm guessing that one of the unwritten agreements for support was that any tech requested gets turned over to NATO.
Can't imagine not. Examining advanced Russian systems so we can develop/refine countermeasures is a huge intel coup.

It's called Foreign Materiel Exploitation (FME) and intel across government has been doing it since at least the Cold War.
Gilligan
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

74OA said:

T-90M
To find out that they're dumber than a fancy can opener.
AgLA06
AG
Gilligan said:

mickeyrig06sq3 said:

74OA said:

T-90M
To find out that they're dumber than a fancy can opener.
I find myself wondering if things like that shipping container AWACs jammer is really nothing but a decoy (doesn't do anything).

Just feels like based on Russian history, it would be more rare for them to have something groundbreaking than to spend time and resources pretending they invented something worthwhile that's really just junk.
Who?mikejones!
Bird Poo
AG
Some 007 shlt going on in Europe.
FriscoKid
AG

Quote:

GeoLocated by @TexAgg04

74OA
AG
Putin digging thru his closets searching for ammo. PETERSBURG

"The news agency obtained satellite images from August and September indicating that at least four of the 14 anti-aircraft missile bases that surround St. Petersburg have been emptied of equipment."
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie
PJYoung
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Quote:

According to Osechkin, the lights went out and everyone quickly fell to the floor - he and his family worked out the behavior during the attempt.

"Since we were undergoing special training, we were warned and coached so that we would not hesitate and not wait until we were riddled. Immediately, the light turned off, the children on the floor - the children and their wife spent about an hour in one of the protected rooms. We immediately lowered the blinds, the relevant services arrived. An investigation has begun. Neighbors have already testified, they heard popping shots. They didn't hit me, there were shots, the sight went in my direction. <Helped to survive>, apparently, the killer's mistakes or lightning speed - I accidentally saw the <sight> with peripheral vision.
74OA
AG
It's an upgraded T-55 with a 105mm main gun. Good for rear security and infantry support.
CondensedFogAggie
74OA said:

It's an upgraded T-55 with a 105mm main gun. Good for rear security and infantry support.
Is it not a frontline main battle tank?

EDIT more info:

Quote:

M-55S - T-55 modernization developed by the STO RAVNE company and engineers of the Israeli company Elbit. Slovenia modernized 30 T-55 tanks in the inventory of its armed forces. The last T-55 was modernized to the M-55S standard in May 1999. The original 100 mm tank gun was replaced by the NATO-standard 105 mm one with a thermal sleeve. The armour protection of the tank was improved considerably by attaching Rafael ERA blocks to the hull and the turret. A digital ballistic computer was installed in order to improve the fire control system (FCS). The gunner has the Fotona SGS-55 two-axis stabilized day-and-night sight with an integral laser rangefinder. In addition to the integral optic sight the commander has the Fotona COMTOS-55 sight with an independent line-of-sight stabilization, which allows him to acquire targets and lay the gun independently if required. The driver has the Fotona CODRIS combined day/night observation periscope. The LIRD-1A laser illumination warning receiver was mated with front-mounted IS-6 smoke grenade launchers (of which there are six in two clusters, one per side of the turret) and can be automatically activated in an emergency. Modernization of the V-12 diesel engine resulted in an increase in power from 520 hp to 600 hp. The running gear has rubber side skirts and the tank was outfitted with new rubber and metal tracks. Improvements were also made to the communications aids
Gilligan
AG
74OA said:

Hello, my name is Priya, how may I help you today? TELEMAINTENANCE
Be glad this isn't being outsourced to India!
74OA
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

74OA said:

Is it not a frontline main battle tank?
It's been uparmored, upgunned and has decent electronics, but not a MBT in a modern military.
Demosthenes81
AG
In this war pretty much anything is front line useable.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
First Page Last Page
Page 758 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.