***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,613,405 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[Read the warning at the beginning of the thread and pay attention to it when you can post again. We are done removing your derailing posts without giving you posting suspensions. -Staff]
No Spin Ag
Waffledynamics said:

Impressive map!

Every day is better than the previous one. Love it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
I already have a dog
AG
[DO NOT QUOTE DERAILING POSTS. -Staff]
Waffledynamics
AG
Take with a grain of salt. Hoping for corroboration soon.

74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
YouBet
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Just a reminder that Ukraine has been fielding these on the battlefield for awhile now.

Quote:

The Snipex Alligator long-range large-caliber magazine-fed repeating rifle is designed to engage moving and stationary targets: vehicles, communications and air defense systems, aircraft in parking areas, fortified fixed defensive positions, dugouts, etc. The box magazine is detachable, holds five rounds of ammunition. It is designed to pierce a 10-mm armor plate from a distance of 1.5 km with a single bullet.

Looks like a ridiculous fake weapon in some video game...yet it's not.
FriscoKid
AG

Russia experts know they are losing.
lb sand
AG
Newly formed RU 3rd Army Corps lasts only Days in Ukraine

Interesting article. Russia really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
LostInLA07
AG
I know Russia would break out the nukes which makes it impossible but I wish Ukraine could keep marching into Russia once they've liberated their own territory.

Russia seems to be on their heels right now.
Not a Bot
AG
AgLA06
AG
74OA
AG
More evidence of torture: "The body is that of a male, in his eighties. His hands are tied in the back, his head covered with a jacket. His testicles are crushed, his inner thighs bear traces of torture. He received a violent blow on the head, from behind, probably with a sharp object, like a knife."

IZIUM
aggiehawg
AG
Over 400 bodies?

May God Rest Their Souls.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

Taking this next one with a pinch of salt:

Straight Talk
AG
I have no military strategy experience. I was an anti submarine warfare operator in a Naval Reserve squadron back in '65-'69. Lucky for me the Viet Cong had no subs! So these are all probably stupid ideas, but I have fantasies of Ukraine doing some amazing things before winter sets in.

Block off fresh water to Crimea.
Hit the sub base while they are loading missles..
Sink another main force ship.
Cutoff and capture a large number of Russian troops.
Among them, a major important General or two.
To land a direct hit on a number of large important ammo storage areas in Russia.
Leave the land bridge to Russia alone in Crimea (Long term strategy) but take out multiple Russian sites around the road right at the bridge. Showing the Ruskies, hey any time we want….
Offer Russian soldiers or any pilots who fly into Ukraine sanctuary on Martha's Vineyard if they lay down their weapons.

You know, humiliate Putin to the point where he is removed, or maybe falls off something high.

Yes I should not drink heavily on Sunday.

Waffledynamics
AG
Warning: Mild NSFW language.

lb sand
AG
Not gonna lie, I find that guy pretty entertaining. He's definitely BSC, but entertaining.
wangus12
AG
Gilligan said:

Waffledynamics said:

Pretty bad. "We're the bad guys anyway, so we might as well be as bad as we want. "

RuZZians just suck and deserve everything bad that can possibly happen to them.

I'd love for some of the partisans in Russia to take out one of these media members
sclaff
AG
Propaganda without Olga Skankbeaver ? Wouldn't be the same
Waffledynamics
AG

At 0:17, Denys rehashes information from yesterday regarding Ukraine's push for Lyman. He shows marginal map changes in favor of Ukraine in that effort, but also explains that the Russian defense line is difficult to break there. He seems to think the city will fall to Ukraine in the next week or so.

At 1:23, Denys mentions that the weather is starting to turn for the worse, making the counterattacks more difficult. Good thing Ukraine took all of that Kharkiv territory back when they did.

At 2:02, we see some positive movement for Ukraine in the direction of Lysychansk. There's ongoing fighting for Bilohorivka, which is West of Lysychansk, which in turn is Southwest from Severodonetsk. Denys says there are photos showing that Ukraine has actually already recaptured Bilohorivka, but I would wait for more evidence that it is indeed secure. Side note: recall that Bilohorivka is where Russia had that catastrophic failure at a river crossing a few months ago.

At 3:20, Denys details some gains in the Kherson region for Ukraine. Per Ukraine's official maps, there have been incremental gains in the North and Middle of the Kherson pocket.

4:56: News of Russian collaborators in Melitopol getting blown up in their cars. Smoking kills, kids.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy assured: what may seem like a lull today is actually preparation for a new series of victories
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/18-september-president-volodymyr-zelenskyy-assured-what-may
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CiqA18YrVxZ
Quote:

"For the fighting around Izyum and stuff, we had been fighting from treelines to treeline.

It's tough for us because there's a lot of open ground. It's not nice going on to assault a treeline, we have to cover a lot of open ground to get towards the enemy and in that time they can open up at us, including BTR BMP fire and PKM and small arms fire and we have no cover.

The element of surprise is key, and yes it is scary, we even go on with tourniquets already on our legs and arms due to the fact being shot is extremely likely.

Some people even with IV's already in. Once we are in the treeline it comes down to firepower and how fast you move, like, prone position will save your life fighting in woodland areas.

When we are storming a treeline the adrenaline is high and it feels awesome, I try not to think about getting shot or killed, but other than to complete the mission.

Artillery is getting fired every day constantly so we have to watch out for, artillery, tanks, mines, around the treelines. It's hard to fight but needs to be done."

- Izyum. Ukraine, September 14th, 2022.
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie
Waffledynamics
AG
More Russian terrorism. Can't win? Terrorize the population. For clarity, these are saying the targets were in Zaporizhzhia the city, and launched from the occupied part of the Zaporizhzhia region.

Quote:

Russian army launched at least 8 missiles against infrastructure objects in Zaporizhzhia, missiles were launched from Zaporizhzhia region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-russian-army-launched-at-least-8-missiles-against

Quote:

Russian army hit 2 infrastructure objects in Zaporizhzhia in a missile strike
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-september-russian-army-hit-2-infrastructure-objects-in

Awaiting more information on what these objects were. I'm guessing they may be dams if the crossings I see are dams. However, the explosion icons are on the right side of the picture:

Not a Bot
AG
They are going to target dams, power plants, gas infrastructure, rail, etc. They know they aren't taking over. Now it is about exacting damage and making the people suffer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
What's with the icon? A tourniquet doesn't do anything until you tighten it and lock it. It could be applied like a belt until needed. IV could just refer to a line ready to accept one. Doubtful they're running with a bag.
GAC06
AG
Wearing tourniquets preemptively makes at least a bit of sense but still dumb. Obviously not tightened and they can be reused. Going into battle with an IV inserted preemptively in case you get hit is ****ing nonsense. Running around with a needle in your arm sounds fun.
dtkprowler
AG
I'm calling BS on both. And most absurd is the IV. Anyone who has had one or been around anyone knows how fragile they are. They come out easy, blow out veins easy, infiltrate easy, and no way could stand the movement of combat. I think this was propaganda. Does this twitter account have a history of good info or does it accept money?
MouthBQ98
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

They are going to target dams, power plants, gas infrastructure, rail, etc. They know they aren't taking over. Now it is about exacting damage and making the people suffer.

They're trying to cause general logistical problems and consume resources that might otherwise be dedicated to the war. It's terrible but it isn't illogical from the perspective of the war. If Russia can distract Ukrainians with civilian matters there is less that can be devoted to the military.
Gradaggie05
AG
The thought of running through the woods with an IV makes me queasy.

dtkprowler said:

I'm calling BS on both. And most absurd is the IV. Anyone who has had one or been around anyone knows how fragile they are. They come out easy, blow out veins easy, infiltrate easy, and no way could stand the movement of combat. I think this was propaganda. Does this twitter account have a history of good info or does it accept money?
FamousAgg
The newer IVs don't leave any needle in your arm. The needle is inside the catheter and then pulls out after inserting. Leaves you with a small plastic catheter in the vein. I think it would be possible to have one in prior to combat, it could cause other issues.

First Page Last Page
Page 757 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.