***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,613,432 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding rumors of longer range missiles, I'm not seeing that directly mentioned here, but it could be mixed in with the precision guided 155mm artillery rounds.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3160503/600-million-in-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

Quote:

Capabilities in this package include:

Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
36,000 105mm artillery rounds;
1,000 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
Four counter-artillery radars;
Four trucks and eight trailers to transport heavy equipment;
Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems;
Mine clearing equipment;
Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
Demolition munitions and equipment;
Small arms and ammunition;
Night vision devices, cold weather gear, and other field equipment.
docb
AG
I'd doubt we'd list them. I do think they have them though. We'll probably see more in action soon enough.
Demosthenes81
AG
Meanwhile part deux....

Water Wars and border disputes

With a map like this what did they expect?
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

All of the searches I did were from pro Russian sites, that is why I said it didn't make sense so it was probably Russian propaganda

Unless its a SOF sabotage mission I don't think you will see Ukraine put boots on mainland Crimea until they knock out more bases and logistic hubs in Crimea. Plus until they get on the mainland weapon systems like Neptunes cannot hit Russian sea assets.
Kinburn Spit is not really on Crimea, it is just a link to get to the other bank of the river across from Kherson. If I had to guess, I'd say their goal would be to get a few guns or drone operators within range of Zaliznyi Port due South of Kherson. That and Skadovsk would be key locations if the Russians want to try to reinforce the area south of Kherson by ship instead of by rail via Crimea.
BAP Enthusiast
Demosthenes81 said:

Meanwhile part deux....

Ag In Ok
AG
Would China jump in?
BAP Enthusiast
Ag In Ok said:

Would China jump in?

Probably not. China doesn't have the military to get involved.
74OA
AG
Ukrainian forces reportedly have crossed the Oskil. Looks like the Russians left abandoned armor on that side of the river as well. The new Russian "defensive line" seems to be at the Krasna river which is ~30km east of the Oskil.

FriscoKid
AG

Russia is a terrorist state
JFABNRGR
AG
Interesting take on the possible Valuyki target from last night. I pray so. The loss of 1 helo or 15 is good with me. Surely they would not have made this mistake again with their aircraft. I like how he put in the various range of helo types from that field was short clear and concise in the message.

I dont know why this link won't load properly but here is the title of the video on YT:

Ukraine Strikes Valuyki Airfield in Belgorod, Russia

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
sclaff
AG
just a summary

JFABNRGR
AG
Lt. Ken Ree with Bravo team 1ST person POV Combat footage. Excellent Vid very good tactics.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
lb3
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

Meanwhile part deux....

For my first sociology credit I took a class called Sociology of the Military or something like that. The largest factor effecting how often a nation goes to war was the length of their borders. To keep this relevant to Ukraine, Russia doesn't appear to be shortening their border much with this campaign but they are securing the plains (prime invasion route) leading to Moscow.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Putin says that in response to Ukrainian army actions Russian army conducted warning strikes(meaning latest strikes against civilian infrastructure in Ukraine)

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/16-september-putin-says-that-in-response-to-ukrainian-army

Antagonizing the small country next door that just whooped your ass back 6 months of progress in a region doesn't seem like a winner, Vladimir.
74OA
AG
74OA said:

aggiehawg said:

Our foreign materiel exploitation experts are undoubtedly having a field day examining all the high-end Russian EW, signals, radar, etc. gear captured since the start of the war. Examples:

POD
DECOY
EW

SIGINT
docb
AG
This thread would have been better served to be in the military section. Maybe it would actually stick better to the title and keep the political whining to a minimum.
GarryowenAg
AG
Getting this thread back o track. It appears ALL of Kupyansk has finally been officially liberated.

GarryowenAg
AG
Typical Russian fashion; escalate in an attempt to de-escalate.
1836er
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Demosthenes81 said:

Uzbeks! IMeanwhile part deux....

Uzbeks! It's always those darn Uzbeks!

lobopride
Worse than blowing up dams, shopping malls, and houses? Worse than deporting civilians to another country? Worse than executing civilians with their hands tied behind their backs? I wonder what he could do that would be worse at this point?
TxLawDawg
AG
docb said:

This thread would have been better served to be in the military section. Maybe it would actually stick better to the title and keep the political whining to a minimum.
The vast majority of the posts on this thread contain useful information and commentary on the ongoing military action. I'm not sure how you separate the military and political actions of a war, particularly since the U.S.'s involvement is purely political. I'm not sure what you consider "political whining" but it sure seems to me that it has been kept to a minimum and certainly hasn't overtaken this thread to the point where it's difficult to wade through political commentary to get to information on military action.

Why do you feel the need to whine that this should be on a different forum? It was started on F16 and is certainly relevant here.
dtkprowler
AG
This thread has turned into a pissing match the last few days. If you wanna argue, do it somewhere else. If you wanna post facts, this is the place to do it.
Eliminatus
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russia is a terrorist state

Some footage started to float around of the sites under investigation. Initial Reports are of two sites found. One with some soldiers executed with hands tied behind their backs and missing ears and another with hundreds of what appears to be civilians, many showing signs of torture and death by hanging. Keeping an eye out for corroboration.

Russia needs to lose and if that takes the death of tens of thousands of its soldiers, so be it. Putin might have started this war but his foot soldiers are the ones executing it.
docb
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/xfz6yj/warning_extreamly_graphic_it_still_must_be_seen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
This is why we provide help to Ukraine
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Explosions were reported in Nova Kakhovka

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/16-september-explosions-were-reported-in-nova-kakhovka
GarryowenAg
AG
If you have an hour, watch this YouTube video. The paramedic that testified before Congress has been discussed in this thread weeks ago. She details her captivity and the torture that she and other solders and civilians endured after their capture in Mariupol.

Waffledynamics
AG
SouthTex99
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Typical Russian fashion; escalate in an attempt to de-escalate.

More serious actions, well according to the Wagner group, that means calling up Russian children since they are taking the convicts.
Ag In Ok
AG
The only question remains - what to do with Gerhard Schroeder. And maybe Merkel as well.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

An explosion was reported at the "prosecutor general's office" building in the self-proclaimed Luhansk "people's republic" ("LPR"), Russian news agency Interfax writes.
"Preliminary reports suggest there are casualties," Andrey Marochko, the so-called spokesman of the "LPR people's militia", said.
"LPR prosecutor general" Sergey Gorenko was injured in the explosion, Interfax stated, citing emergency services. "According to preliminary information, LPR prosecutor general Sergey Gorenko was in the affected area and was injured," the agency writes.
UPDATED 1:35 PM
"LPR prosecutor general" Sergey Gorenko was killed in the blast in Luhansk, Interfax reports, citing local emergency services. "According to preliminary information, LPR prosecutor general Sergey Gorenko died of the injuries he suffered as a result of the explosion in his office," the agency's source said. His deputy was also killed in the explosion, TASS writes.
According to the "Luhansk information centre", the third floor of the building was damaged. The employees were evacuated. Emergency services are working on the scene.
LINK

Not enough windows in Ukraine or they are not high enough.
AgLA06
AG

CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

Germany doing very good things, have to admit

Quote:

Translated text:

Here's the plane which delivers wounded. Only lying down. They fasten you by your butt. There is even operation room on the plane

Now I'll show you how they feed us

Everybody lying down fastened, also need to eat lying down. But there's a lot of wounded who can't even get up. Inside there's sandwiches, chocolate bars, yoghurts, juice, fruits, cookies.

They transported us by evac plane into Germany. Now they will transport us further into hospitals for operations.

Then he says : "Look at the number of emergency cars already waiting for us. Incredible. There's more out of the frame"
CondensedFogAggie

Everywhere they go, the Russians leave behind atrocities...
First Page Last Page
Page 754 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.