***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,620,309 Views | 47855 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by B-1 83
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looking on google maps; that is a major rail yard in Kupyansk
74OA
AG
In a world with almost everyone online, the US response to the invasion has demonstrated that a whole-of-government information warfare strategy is essential in not allowing our adversaries to control the narrative.

UKRAINE
AgLA06
AG
2wealfth Man said:

looking on google maps; that is a major rail yard in Kupyansk
Yep.

If it falls, and Ukraine has hit all the major depots in the north Russia has a serious logistical issue in holding that area.
2wealfth Man
AG
Given the events of the last week or so; I would have to think the calculus for Belarus to get involved in any Russian "special operations" has changed significantly unless Lukashenko is just a flat out crazy man or really doesn't control the strings in Belarus.
txags92
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Given the events of the last week or so; I would have to think the calculus for Belarus to get involved in any Russian "special operations" has changed significantly unless Lukashenko is just a flat out crazy man or really doesn't control the strings in Belarus.
Agreed. Jumping in on what is clearly the losing side at this point in time would be a very poor choice for Belarus. They are going to need to do business with Europe for their long term survival independent of Russia after this war, and they will be much easier for Europe to make an example out of with harsh and prolonged sanctions since they don't have the O&G leverage over Europe that Russia has.
lb3
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Part 2:

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Occupation authorities in Kupiansk say that Russian army began to defend the city, and additional reinforcement entered the region from Russia

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/8-september-occupation-authorities-in-kupiansk-say-that-russian
lb3
AG
Ukes going to be able to finance their entire reconstruction by just reselling the spent brass.
marcel ledbetter
At the 1:27 mark, it sure sounds like someone in English is saying something about .50 cal ammo. When I watched the video, I didn't know they were in hummers w/ .50's on them.

And again at about 1:54 it sounds like some guy is asking for .50 cal ammo in English.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's like a cavalry charge
74OA
AG
More on the latest assistance package for Ukraine. AID
Demosthenes81
AG
marcel ledbetter said:

At the 1:27 mark, it sure sounds like someone in English is saying something about .50 cal ammo. When I watched the video, I didn't know they were in hummers w/ .50's on them.

And again at about 1:54 it sounds like some guy is asking for .50 cal ammo in English.

I read that it was combined foreign volunteers and Ukranian forves
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
lb3
AG
marcel ledbetter said:

There is quite a bit of discussion on that topic in the comments.
2wealfth Man
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

Occupation authorities in Kupiansk say that Russian army began to defend the city, and additional reinforcement entered the region from Russia

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/8-september-occupation-authorities-in-kupiansk-say-that-russian
reinforcements gonna get chewed up by HIMARS
92AG10
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Part 2:

That looks like most of our early deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I found myself watching and waiting for someone to shut the door on the up armor.
Waffledynamics
AG

Uh huh.
bkag9824
AG
Not to be overly hyperbolic, but is this a modern day blitzkreig in reverse?

Limited reporting on Ukr losses seem to indicate a rout is indeed underway.
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Uh huh.
The Russians have a reputation for being very crafty with their tactics. I am sure things are going exactly as they planned them...
Ag In Ok
AG
Hmm. So Putin is the modern day version of Hannibal in the battle of Cannae? If so, then the Russian route is about to go down. I don't know what either side is planing to do, but on the surface it doesn't look like a ploy to bring in the Ukes. If so, that would have been far easier when they were pulling away from the outskirts of Kiev.
74OA
AG
SwigAg11
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
bkag9824 said:

I think Ukraine is lost a lot of men but staying tight lipped. You don't have this kind of counteroffensive without losses.

I do think they're inflicting far more damage on the Russians though. I don't know that they'll put them in a full on retreat and rout them, but they're definitely taking ground at an alarming (if you're Russian) rate and inflicting substantial losses. Will be interesting how they spin this with, "Everything is still on schedule and according to plan."
Who?mikejones!
ABATTBQ11 said:

bkag9824 said:

I think Ukraine is lost a lot of men but staying tight lipped. You don't have this kind of counteroffensive without losses.

I do think they're inflicting far more damage on the Russians though. I don't know that they'll put them in a full on retreat and rout them, but they're definitely taking ground at an alarming (if you're Russian) rate and inflicting substantial losses. Will be interesting how they spin this with, "Everything is still on schedule and according to plan."

Let's hope the Ukrainian supply chain is up to snuff.
Demosthenes81
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I can't envision veteran VdV and Spetnatz troops being too happy with a Chechen giving them orders.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
docb
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
I doubt the accuracy of this post, but would be huge if true. This account claims the LTC that was captured the other day was the LTG of the "West" Group in disguise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/x9a5nc/that_lt_col_captured_yesterday_was_actually/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Ulysses90
AG
lb3 said:

edit: To be clear, it ain't stupid if it works. Giant brass balls assaulting across that open field with a suppression from the lead vehicle.
Ag In Ok
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Odd thing for a Chechan to request if Russia is "wisely" allowing the Ukes to move into a trap. Why replace such genius on the level of Hannibal with a chechan?
lb3
Ulysses90
AG

They are attacking with aggressiveness like Heinz Guderian on the way to Paris. There is safety in speed but I really hope they are allocating sufficient forces to provide flank security.
JFABNRGR
AG
Outstanding interview so far. You can listen at 1.5 speed.
https://funker530.com/video/tell-all-interview-with-fallujah-veteran-fighting-in-ukraine/

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Not a Bot
AG
Shoigu is Tuvan-Ukrainian.

Putin has no problem appointing non-traditional Russians to high positions. Many have theorized he does this on purpose because there's less chance Russians would support them were to plot a coup.
sclaff
AG
GarryowenAg said:

I doubt the accuracy of this post, but would be huge if true. This account claims the LTC that was captured the other day was the LTG of the "West" Group in disguise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/x9a5nc/that_lt_col_captured_yesterday_was_actually/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Worked for Santa Anna, too.
First Page Last Page
Page 729 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.