***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,624,656 Views | 47856 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by mallen
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SwigAg11
AG
I'm very curious what kind of software updates the Ukes could be making. Just looking through the HIMARS information page on Wikipedia, it's been used in the Middle East by the US, but in a very limited basis.

Is this possibly an example of Necessity is the Mother of Invention, and the Ukes are doing everything they can to reduce fire times to protect the HIMARS units they have?
GeorgiAg
AG

LInk to second video
GeorgiAg
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
Guaranteed the blast/pressure blew their eardrums out. The Ukes needed to conduct a follow on fire mission with all the dismounts littering the bridge.
Waffledynamics
AG
You might want to link to the Tweet that has sensitive content. Apparently the embed can mess with the formatting on some devices
JFABNRGR
AG
here is the translation to the barge crossing below. Of note in watching the video, one of the wounded has on Brand New Boots. I suspect this crew may have been reinforcements just arriving in theatre.

Translation goes something liek this:
0:00 Crossing Dnepr, big, big river, it's most narrow fn...g part
0:10 It was bombed, bombed today, blyad, hopefully nothing hits it now
0:19 Ah, blyad
0:35 What a f......ng jam there? Eh? (as truck stops, I assume he means like traffic jam)
0:42 Oh god, save and protect us on this f....ng pontoon bridge
0:47 look at that hole, hit from rocket (points at something)
1:03 (someone screams something like "here, here"?) Where here for **** sake? boom
1:15 (god have mercy) (where should we run/hide?)
1:17 blyad
1:23 ****ing 300, blyad
1:50 god have mercy
2:15 f...ng b....h
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
2wealfth Man
AG
Damn, these guys are paying a steep price for Putin's little folly into Ukraine. Hearing that first boom in the distance (1:00 mark) is when you make the sign of the crucifix.
FamousAgg
The look on your face when they show up at your house to send you to fight in Ukraine.
74OA
AG
JFABNRGR said:

here is the translation to the barge crossing below. Of note in watching the video, one of the wounded has on Brand New Boots. I suspect this crew may have been reinforcements just arriving in theatre.

Translation goes something liek this:
0:00 Crossing Dnepr, big, big river, it's most narrow fn...g part
0:10 It was bombed, bombed today, blyad, hopefully nothing hits it now
0:19 Ah, blyad
0:35 What a f......ng jam there? Eh? (as truck stops, I assume he means like traffic jam)
0:42 Oh god, save and protect us on this f....ng pontoon bridge
0:47 look at that hole, hit from rocket (points at something)
1:03 (someone screams something like "here, here"?) Where here for **** sake? boom
1:15 (god have mercy) (where should we run/hide?)
1:17 blyad
1:23 ****ing 300, blyad
1:50 god have mercy
2:15 f...ng b....h
Just.Go.Home.
The Fife
Is there a way to see part 2 without a Twitter account?
AgLA06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Of note in watching the video, one of the wounded has on Brand New Boots. I suspect this crew may have been reinforcements just arriving in theatre.

First thing I noticed was the fancy (for Russia) gear and sniper rifle. Wonder if that's an elite unit being sent in.
P.U.T.U
AG
Brand new boots and it looked like 2 of them may not have had socks. Definetely got their ear drums busted, wouldn't not doubt in a few minutes if they had bleeding out of their nose, mouth, and/or ears. When you hear incoming open your mouth, but in the 2 weeks of training they probably didn't have the chance to tell them about that.

Ukraine was patient and waiting for trucks to get on the bridge before attacking it, they are not only interested in damaging structures. Now they have dozens of Russian troops afraid of random attacks.
JFABNRGR
AG
SwigAg11 said:

I'm very curious what kind of software updates the Ukes could be making. Just looking through the HIMARS information page on Wikipedia, it's been used in the Middle East by the US, but in a very limited basis.

Is this possibly an example of Necessity is the Mother of Invention, and the Ukes are doing everything they can to reduce fire times to protect the HIMARS units they have?
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/62881295

Months back now either 740A, Ulysses90, or maybe Elimanatus posted a great article on Ukraine targeting and fire control for artillery that they started using after 2014.

The article was outstanding and if my weak memory is correct they basically use the same software/mapping platform that Uber/rideshare outfits use. Ping, here is a target of opportunity that automatically alerts closest assets to taking the call. They also typically don't work in large batteries like we do. According to the article this makes counter battery less effective and easier to hide/work around.

Regarding HIMARS, Its probably same as we use because they are getting some fire control directly from our intel assets in real time. Surprising to me is how often we have seen 4 units at a time firing and I wonder if this is because of a com center control issue. If it was me I would have them dispersed completely and always with heavy ADA dome over them of which I would regularly show within my HIMARS videos if I was going to release them at all.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
P.U.T.U
AG
The second video at 0:58 in you can see a red sniper patch, there have been some reports of spetsnaz in the area, either one of their snipers attached to a regular unit or part of a sniper battalion. Looked like one or two of the other guys had standard uniforms and gear with plain Jane AKs that did not have any optics
JFABNRGR
AG
The Fife said:

Is there a way to see part 2 without a Twitter account?
reddit and you do not have to have an account unless your on a mobile device i am told.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x8byn6/russian_river_crossing_part2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Red1
This is my two cents for the day. I have not been following the war as closely as I should, so I will use the broad stroke of my keyboard.

I am extremely confident the US military is helping Ukraine plan operations to isolate Kherson and attack the Russians. When the US fights conventional battles we will attack at the front, center, and rear of the enemy area of operations simultaneously. There are four US Principles of War to guide the planning: Mass, Maneuver, Offense, and Surprise.

- Mass troops for the gain the numbers advantage at critical points of attack. Think of a battering ram.

- Ukraine should not attack in a general linear manner. It needs to be unpredictable and cause chaos on the battlefields. I question the Russians ability manage Ukrainian unpredictability.

- Flank the Russians. Battles are often won because the winning side can flank their enemy effectively. It also creates chaos. The Russians should be concerned if they have to fight a frontal attack or are tricked by feints, and a significant Ukrainian force(s) maneuvers to their side or rear of the area of operations. It will cause significant chaos.

- If the Ukrainian planning and execution is effective it will create the conditions for Surprising the Russians. Surprises are generally good for the force causing it unless you are Custer.

- If the Russian forces start operations survive and retreat, I think it would be game over. It is difficult to fight well when you are fleeing.
Ulysses90
AG
Here's the link to that article on the Ukrainian GIS Arta cloud based fire direction app.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1523791050313433088.html

It was by Trent Telenko. The Joint Staff needs to call him out of retirement and hire him to be on the Red Team. His Twitter feed is better than a Tom Clancy novel for the insight he brings to seemingly innocuous or hard to locate information.
AgLA06
AG
"If the Ukrainian planning and execution is effective it will create the conditions for Surprising the Russians. Surprises are generally good for the force causing it unless you are Custer."
74OA
AG
JFABNRGR said:

SwigAg11 said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/62881295

Months back now either 740A, Ulysses90, or maybe Elimanatus posted a great article on Ukraine targeting and fire control for artillery that they started using after 2014.

The article was outstanding and if my weak memory is correct they basically use the same software/mapping platform that Uber/rideshare outfits use. Ping, here is a target of opportunity that automatically alerts closest assets to taking the call. They also typically don't work in large batteries like we do. According to the article this makes counter battery less effective and easier to hide/work around.

Regarding HIMARS, Its probably same as we use because they are getting some fire control directly from our intel assets in real time. Surprising to me is how often we have seen 4 units at a time firing and I wonder if this is because of a com center control issue. If it was me I would have them dispersed completely and always with heavy ADA dome over them of which I would regularly show within my HIMARS videos if I was going to release them at all.
IIRC, it was this video presentation? Pre-HIMARS: REISNER
FamousAgg
Hopefully the American brass is providing a guiding hand for these tactics. If they aren't, I hope they are studying this in great detail!
AgLA06
AG
This stood out the first time you posted it and still does today.

"The only way the US Government (or anyone) will be able to monitor Starlink communications is with @elonmusk active cooperation.

The power shift involved in that fact is...profound...and something for another thread>

Bevo99
BattleGrackle said:

Hopefully the American brass is providing a guiding hand for these tactics. If they aren't, I hope they are studying this in great detail!
Hopefully any POS dictators that are planning on invading their neighbors are studying this in great detail.
AgLA06
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Here's the link to that article on the Ukrainian GIS Arta cloud based fire direction app.

It was by Trent Telenko. The Joint Staff needs to call him out of retirement and hire him to be on the Red Team. His Twitter feed is better than a Tom Clancy novel for the insight he brings to seemingly innocuous or hard to locate information.
This app seems amazing. Something so simple, but effectively cutting edge compared to traditional military capabilities (including ours).
lb sand
AG
Those are both very interesting videos. My question is how does some Russian soldier just roll film and then tweet it out to the world?
Is there even a notion of opsec?
Red1
BattleGrackle said:

US V Corps HQs forward has 600+ staffers and a LTG in Poland. Their broad mission is to counter Russian influence. I think helping Ukraine plan military operations is within the purview of the mission.
Ulysses90
AG
AgLA06 said:

Ulysses90 said:

This app seems amazing. Something so simple, but effectively cutting edge compared to traditional military capabilities (including ours).

As a former government acquistion program manager I have to just give credit to Telenko for pointing out the most obvious reason that a cloud hosted app like GIS-Arta would never be considered as a solution in the US DoD. There is no need for a Lead Systems Integrator like Lockheed Marton, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, General Dynamics. How do the big guys make any money for their shareholders off of an app that could run innocuously and anonymously from Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS with clients connected over Starlink. That's boring as **** and worse than that, unprofitable.

Perhaps when Ukraine eventually debuts at NATO as a member nation they should just take over the role of Supreme Allied Commander for a few years to teach some lessons about stewardship of resources while under fire. Ike was right.
FriscoKid
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
FriscoKid said:

good reply on that thread
Quote:

The calamity of a collapsing front;things get out of hand pretty quickly, logistics bcum a nightmare,the enemy will be everywhere,a command and control that has limited degree of freedom in decision making will likely not save the situation. in short the Rashists are in trouble
FamousAgg
Does the fact that I want to see these videos make me a bad person…
GarryowenAg
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Does the fact that I want to see these videos make me a bad person…
wondering where they are myself.
JFABNRGR
AG
lb sand said:

Those are both very interesting videos. My question is how does some Russian soldier just roll film and then tweet it out to the world?
Is there even a notion of opsec?

These are good questions. OPSEC is always a problem, how we pulled off D-Day Invasion in some surprise is a near miracle and will never be repeated. Reporters on the beach in Somalia was a tough pill to swallow. My own posts at times I feel guilty or elect in delaying some posts.

As for here, there has been several very recent russian POV videos posted lately, that were actually posted by UKR soldiers after killing/capturing them, from either go pros or unsecured device. The tweet was not the originating source.

The one on the pontoon/barge is puzzling. Was it live video somehow or captured electronically by UKR or even shared with orc friend who posted. My hope it was same as above and that eventually the rest of the group was routed/captured and UKR secured the scene. There are some Reddit commentors questioning if this group was retreating east across the river. I looked at the waves a couple of times and cant tell if its current or wind giving a false read, and without a specific location cannot confirm, but by their gear and new boots my original thought of them being new reinforcements stands. Either way UKR control of the landing on either side of the Dneiper, would be a wonderful thing on 9-7-22.

FWIW there is a clear break in the vid at 1:21 mark of the 2:32 length version. Also at 1:07 there is a good chance that is CSF fluid on the dead orc right in front of the camera.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
The reason lots of videos are getting posted is because the Ukes are killing a bunch of Russians and taking their go pros and footage and then posting it.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Waffledynamics
AG
This isn't the first one. Sounds like Russia should just go home.

Quote:

Fake referendum preparation station blown up in Melitopol
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-september-fake-referendum-preparation-station-blown-up
Waffledynamics
AG

Poor ****ing orcs.
First Page Last Page
Page 726 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.