***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,625,691 Views | 47858 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by B-1 83
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGS-R-TUFF said:

Red1 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Waffledynamics said:

Unconfirmed and needs further corroboration:

Taking of Kyselivka would put almost all of Kherson in standard artillery range.

Control of the T1501 road running NW to SE and then due east to Kherson gives you a lot better control of the Gulf of Dniprovska and eventually weakens the whole tip on the south side that extends toward Odessa. As this T1501 extends towards Kherson I would say its at the upper boundary for effective russian artillery range from the south side of the river.

I suspect in a couple days its going to look like a flotilla of orcs heading south across the Dnipro and some of them getting shot in the back by fsb if there is any left in Kherson.

The $100 question is, what next after Kherson. A HIMARS battery in Kherson effectively gives you target capability over EVERY road from 2014 borders to Kherson. It will not cover the E105 that can supply Melitopul from Crimea. Bridge or barges will have to be rebuilt over the Dnipro to get to Melitopul from the west.
If I was the commander of the Ukrainian Military I would approach the situation like a siege without the castle. Continue shaping operations of causing attrition to the Russian forces. When I think the odds favor us then I would attack with ground forces. Of course, I would order that air power be used.
Yes and what's really interesting, especially within the occupied territory is…

It's becoming virtually impossible for the Russians to conceal their ammo sites. Uke sympathizers, SOF intel plus eyes in the sky appear to be able to successfully id and smoke these targets. As more and more of these munition storage zones go off like the 4th of July, the Russians' will slowly start conceding territory.

Winter is Coming!

Just as Tom Clancy predicted in Red Storm Rising. Blowing up the big storage sites forces the Russians to spread the remaining supplies out into smaller sites, which then increases their air defense and security requirements and complicates the logistical chain by requiring more trucks to move them where they are needed. When the orc troops realize they have a river at their back with no bridges across it, a hostile population surrounding them, and their ammo reloads and food shares start running out and/or coming up short when the resupply trucks do get through, it won't take long before that swim across the river starts looking more promising than waiting around to be annihilated in place by precision artillery and drone strikes. I think when the end comes in Kherson, it is going to happen much faster than people expect. Nobody wants to be the last platoon to turn and run when an angry population is looking for somebody to exact revenge upon.
JB!98
AG
txags92 said:

AGS-R-TUFF said:

Red1 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Waffledynamics said:

Unconfirmed and needs further corroboration:

Taking of Kyselivka would put almost all of Kherson in standard artillery range.

Control of the T1501 road running NW to SE and then due east to Kherson gives you a lot better control of the Gulf of Dniprovska and eventually weakens the whole tip on the south side that extends toward Odessa. As this T1501 extends towards Kherson I would say its at the upper boundary for effective russian artillery range from the south side of the river.

I suspect in a couple days its going to look like a flotilla of orcs heading south across the Dnipro and some of them getting shot in the back by fsb if there is any left in Kherson.

The $100 question is, what next after Kherson. A HIMARS battery in Kherson effectively gives you target capability over EVERY road from 2014 borders to Kherson. It will not cover the E105 that can supply Melitopul from Crimea. Bridge or barges will have to be rebuilt over the Dnipro to get to Melitopul from the west.
If I was the commander of the Ukrainian Military I would approach the situation like a siege without the castle. Continue shaping operations of causing attrition to the Russian forces. When I think the odds favor us then I would attack with ground forces. Of course, I would order that air power be used.
Yes and what's really interesting, especially within the occupied territory is…

It's becoming virtually impossible for the Russians to conceal their ammo sites. Uke sympathizers, SOF intel plus eyes in the sky appear to be able to successfully id and smoke these targets. As more and more of these munition storage zones go off like the 4th of July, the Russians' will slowly start conceding territory.

Winter is Coming!

Just as Tom Clancy predicted in Red Storm Rising. Blowing up the big storage sites forces the Russians to spread the remaining supplies out into smaller sites, which then increases their air defense and security requirements and complicates the logistical chain by requiring more trucks to move them where they are needed. When the orc troops realize they have a river at their back with no bridges across it, a hostile population surrounding them, and their ammo reloads and food shares start running out and/or coming up short when the resupply trucks do get through, it won't take long before that swim across the river starts looking more promising than waiting around to be annihilated in place by precision artillery and drone strikes. I think when the end comes in Kherson, it is going to happen much faster than people expect. Nobody wants to be the last platoon to turn and run when an angry population is looking for somebody to exact revenge upon.
My favorite Clancy book of them all. It is amazing how some of the things he formulated in 1986 are true for Russia in 2022. I wish he was alive to comment on it. I am going to read it again starting this weekend. It will make the 11th time I have read it.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
For those who come in partway through and want an update, this may be a handy link. Note that it isn't exhaustive, but it can give a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine
Not a Bot
AG
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
fullback44
AG
74OA said:

Today's SITREP.
Good information
JFABNRGR
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Ground induced mechanical air burst feature. Love it.

Supposed air to air kill by UKR SU-25 on a russian SU-25.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineInvasionVideos/comments/x7zf3w/russian_su25_getting_shot_down_near_volokhiv_yar/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

LT COL captured POW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineInvasionVideos/comments/x822gu/captured_orcs_one_of_them_lieutenant_colonel/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

unconfirmed KA-52 shot down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineInvasionVideos/comments/x822gu/captured_orcs_one_of_them_lieutenant_colonel/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian military entered Bairak south to Balaklia

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-september-ukrainian-military-entered-bairak-south-to-balaklia
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian mercenaries(PMCs) suffering heavy casualties, among other in Oleksandrivka of Kharkiv region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-september-russian-mercenariespmcs-suffering-heavy-casualties
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

In a joint article of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valerii Zaluzhnyi and First Deputy Head of Rada Security committee they confirmed that Ukrainian missiles behind explosions at Saky airbase in occupied Crimea

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-september-in-a-joint-article-of-commanderinchief-of-the

Grom?
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Ukes making more gains in Kharkiv area.

MouthBQ98
AG
They've definitely been watching videos of shaped charge grenades dropping from drones. A hull hit would damage or maybe disable the tank. A turret top hit could cook off the ammunition carousel. I notice they give themselves room to get in and out of the hatches quickly with this cage setup.
P.U.T.U
AG
Groms or atacms, atacms is my bet since the groms system was still in development at the beginning of the war.

The US should be well versed on using EFPs on armored equipment, they kicked our butt for a while in Iraq (designs came from Iran).
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ministry of reintegration urges civilians residing in areas around Zaporizhzhia Nuclear power plant to evacuate

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-september-ministry-of-reintegration-urges-civilians-residing
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
19KM push overnight by UKR forces in Kharkiv region. Also seeing reports of second russian SU25 shot down in last 24 hours same area. Given orc use of manned air power specifically SU25 & KA52 in this area indicates they are in trouble here. If UKR has been able to nock out coms in some of these areas, without NCO corp and serious standing battle plans, we may be about to witness a rout in some of these areas. However even if the orcs left ironclad battle plans they are worthless without training and motivation to carry out. Artillery covering this area just got ducked under which will require pulling arty from other areas (weakening them) and we know trucking and ammo supply issues are beginning to pile on rapidly.

The southern counter may have actually been the feint, but they are making decent progress there as well.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JFABNRGR
AG
Waffledynamics said:

There was a massive HIMARS strike 4.7KM from this location at rail depot a few days ago on an ammo dump. Probably scared them out of there.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
AgLA06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Waffledynamics said:

There was a massive HIMARS strike 4.7KM from this location at rail depot a few days ago on an ammo dump. Probably scared them out of there.
That's the question right.

Did they.....

• Turn tail and run against orders.

or

• Had to pull so many men out of the north to reinforce the south that this was their horribly executed version of General Patton in England with fake tanks to try and fool the Ukes?

I mean, who leaves tanks and armored vehicles behind unless they are out of gas or ammo or both?
GAC06
AG
Without bridges a retreat from the west side of the river will necessitate leaving a lot of vehicles and equipment
AgLA06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

The southern counter may have actually been the feint, but they are making decent progress there as well.

It may be both. It could have been originally designed as a feint to lure Russians from the north and east for the real assault. However, the feint might be so successful in taking ground they are just rolling with it and not stopping.

It does appear Ukraine had offensive forces built up in the north just for this reason unbeknown to Russia.

It will be very interesting to study when this is over. The east and south is much of the economy and food for Ukraine. However, the north is a worse threat to major cities and sitting government at this point.
Gilligan
AG
AgLA06 said:

JFABNRGR said:

It may be both. It could have been originally designed as a feint to lure Russians from the north and east for the real assault. However, the feint might be so successful in taking ground they are just rolling with it and not stopping.

It does appear Ukraine had offensive forces built up in the north just for this reason unbeknown to Russia.

It will be very interesting to study when this is over. The east and south is much of the economy and food for Ukraine. However, the north is a worse threat to major cities and sitting government at this point.
Gilligan
AG
There seems to be an uptick in POW videos. I take that as a good sign.

Hopefully many more will surrender.
JFABNRGR
AG
AgLA06 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Waffledynamics said:

That's the question right.

Did they.....

• Turn tail and run against orders.

or

• Had to pull so many men out of the north to reinforce the south that this was their horribly executed version of General Patton in England with fake tanks to try and fool the Ukes?

I mean, who leaves tanks and armored vehicles behind unless they are out of gas or ammo or both?
Fueling may be a serious issue. Either by lack thereof or the ability to transport it through trucks or personnel.
Crossing rivers without bridges is also a serious issue.
As ABN INF I will choose the LPC (aka boots) over the iron coffins.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
2wealfth Man
AG
Waffledynamics said:

damn; like sheep to a slaughter. Ruskies aren't this stupid and callous with their limited manpower resources are they? This is flat out lack of situational awareness concentrating troops like this.
FriscoKid
AG
AgLA06
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Waffledynamics said:

damn; like sheep to a slaughter. Ruskies aren't this stupid and callous with their manpower resources are they? This is flat out lack of situational awareness concentrating troops like this.
I would refer you to the history of Russia and their belief that human life not their own is dispensable for the greater good. It means nothing to them.

There are no such things as suicide missions. Just missions.
2wealfth Man
AG
Interesting that Ukes have improved targeting ability......

I am also pondering how we can improve deployment speed; getting these kind of difference making assets on the battlefield as quickly as possible seems to be an imperative in this modern age of combat
First Page Last Page
Page 725 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.