***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,650 Views | 47861 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by B-1 83
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gordo14 said:

Definitely. Just highlighting that yes it's a still long way from the end goals of this conflict, but it's a critical step that gives them momentum. The Dnipro river can be circumvented, so they don't need a river crossing.
Yep. Fix and attrit the Russians north of the Dnipro while breaking into southern Kherson oblast from the west without the need to cross where the Russians control the river.
Waffledynamics
AG
First I'm hearing of this. Anything else to support it?
GarryowenAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

First I'm hearing of this. Anything else to support it?
Same. I figured I would throw it up for situational awareness, but I haven't seen any corroborating evidence.
AgLA06
AG
It's all guesses and rumors as long as Ukraine keeps radio silence during the offensive.

Just seems much has been corroborated by the Russian side so far so I'm hopeful.
FriscoKid
AG

All of the officers already crossed the river to be safe. I could easily see this happening.
txags92
AG
FriscoKid said:

All of the officers already crossed the river to be safe. I could easily see this happening.
They were just leading their troops...somebody has to show them which way to run.
JFABNRGR
AG
aezmvp said:

Liberating the West bank is one thing. Getting forces across the river and pushing the counter offensive into other parts of Southern Ukraine/Crimea are completely different.
Exactly.

The front does need to be pushed far enough back that Kherson is out of artillery range or the orcs will just Piske it like so many other cities.

Would be very cool if UKR ran a combined arms attack on the south side of the river with marine and air ops to take out any indirect assets set up to target Kherson,
AgLA06
AG
I keep hoping the river boats we provided make an appearance and wreak havoc.
JFABNRGR
AG

This is probably a good indicator or UKR progress.
LMCane
JFABNRGR said:

aezmvp said:

Liberating the West bank is one thing. Getting forces across the river and pushing the counter offensive into other parts of Southern Ukraine/Crimea are completely different.
Exactly.

The front does need to be pushed far enough back that Kherson is out of artillery range or the orcs will just Piske it like so many other cities.

Would be very cool if UKR ran a combined arms attack on the south side of the river with marine and air ops to take out any indirect assets set up to target Kherson,
I mentioned last week that if the Ukes had massive guts (I would use another word)

they should use landing craft and put troops and a HIMARS battery at the eastern tip of the peninsula right where the Dnipro empties out into the Black Sea

they could advance 10 miles and cut the main north/south road from Crimea which is where the Alexandrovsky bridge is located

imagine the panic that would ensue if there are Ukes on the SOUTH side of the Dnipro while all the Russkies are trapped north of the Dnipro!
74OA
AG

Russia's MOD just fired by Putin.
tremble
AG
Where did the Ukes originally dam the water flows to Crimea? I'm curious if they can start that again. Ideally they make it very difficult for the Russians to supply.
benchmark
AG
tremble said:

Where did the Ukes originally dam the water flows to Crimea? I'm curious if they can start that again. Ideally they make it very difficult for the Russians to supply.
The fresh water canal was originally blocked near the Crimea border. If the Ukes take the dam at Nova Kokhovka, they'll very likely close the canal gates located next to the dam.
aggiehawg
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
richardag
I would hope the Ukrainian military expected this and has appropriate missiles ready to interdict these helicopters.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
AgLA06
AG
My guess is they're either trying to pull out leadership or bring some in to plug the leak.
aezmvp
Probably a bit of both. Its also harder to set missile traps on the offensive so using them now makes the most sense. Those things run hot enough that the day night air temp differential wont make heat seeking manpads much more effective so now or never.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Dirt 05
AG
Catching them at a forward air refueling & rearming point would be best. Otherwise a serious threat to blunting the offensive.
GarryowenAg
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
LiveUAMap keeps bugging out and disappearing alerts for several minutes, but it sounds like there are a lot of large explosions in the Zaporizhzhia and Dnipropetrovsk regions. Also, Russia is firing artillery in and around the area of the nuclear power plant.
SwigAg11
AG
Waffledynamics said:

LiveUAMap keeps bugging out and disappearing alerts for several minutes, but it sounds like there are a lot of large explosions in the Zaporizhzhia and Dnipropetrovsk regions. Also, Russia is firing artillery in and around the area of the nuclear power plant.

I think I've seen weather reports that radiation ll plumes from a leak at that plant would primarily sweep over the Russian positions. How accurate has the Russian artillery been so far?
Ag In Ok
AG
So there goes the IAEA team…
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

LFG Ukes!!!

74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
GarryowenAg
AG
Eliminatus
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Hitler in the Bunker syndrome?

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's a good thing for the Ukes.

Quite the change from three days to Kiev!
Not a Bot
AG
A lot of twitter reports in that link saying the Uke media has been told to keep quiet about the offensive. Makes sense.

Some very basic reporting from Kyiv Independent but nothing detailed.
GarryowenAg
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

A lot of twitter reports in that link saying the Uke media has been told to keep quiet about the offensive. Makes sense.

OSINT has basically gone radio silent since this afternoon. Hopefully this is a good thing.
Ag In Ok
AG
Putin either wins a "reasonable" cease fire or slips and falls on some bullets in the shower. The fact he is in charge doesn't necessarily mean he has the 40,000 foot screwdriver in hand. He will exert some level of control, it who knows what it will be. Just hope it isn't some of the Grozny veteran ultra- nationalists who are running day to day ops.
Waffledynamics
AG

Some highlights:

1. Discussion of the horrible war crimes being committed in Russia's filtration camps.

2. We get to see a Ukrainian trench

3. Even China has called for Russia to stop their reckless nonsense with using the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.

4. Some psychotic speaker/entertainer/whatever waves around a dead Azovstal defender's skull and spews actual genocidal propaganda.

5. Map analysis.
Waffledynamics
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Private PoopyPants said:

OSINT has basically gone radio silent since this afternoon. Hopefully this is a good thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 715 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.