***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,541,701 Views | 47724 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Ag with kids
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie
Some very intense footage

Jetpilot86
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/v3d61i/arestovich_says_ukrainian_troops_out/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Real interested in confirmation of this.
CondensedFogAggie

Pretty brutal, but then any Russian soldier should and can surrender.
74OA
AG
Round-up of recent arms commitments to Ukraine. AID
74OA
AG
FIDO95 said:

Pretty frightening/sobering if true. It does sound however that the "demoralized" troops are predominately the territorial defense units and the more professional troops are getting better arms and support. Thankfully, the Russians are having the same problems.
FLIP-SIDE
74OA
AG
EU finally embargoes Russian oil. 90% Solution
Ulysses90
AG
I could not infer nearly as much as the person who captioned the video. It was apparent that this unit strongly embraces the use of small arms fire suppression in the assault with a marked absence of mortars or artillery support. They are burning through their basic load of ammo very quickly while moving forward. It's clear that they have NO concerns about resupplying with ammo from sources nearby. The lack of indirect fires or grenade launchers suggests that this was a meeting engagement rather than a deliberate attack.
benchmark
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
I am sure the rainbows are making the Russians scared.

Russia being Russia again, going to throw solider after soldier until its objective is filled. And they have a lot of soldiers
GarryowenAg
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/v3d61i/arestovich_says_ukrainian_troops_out/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Real interested in confirmation of this.
Great find; I hope it's accurate as well. We'll know within the next 24-48hrs if it's all true.
Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Going to have a hard time replenishing some of those fancy missiles.
Not a Bot
AG
sclaff
AG
not sure how to comment on this video

GarryowenAg
AG
Captain Positivity said:

It's going to have an affect on everything they produce, not just missiles. From toys, to home appliances, to everyday technology.
LMCane
Due to losses on the battlefield, we will have to soon discuss how Ukraine will begin to wage an insurgency campaign -

against occupying Russian forces in Donetsk, Luhansk and the entire Donbas (and possibly Kherson if the Uke counter-attack fails)
Jetpilot86
AG
Will?

Most of the Uke strategy has been non-direct contact and hitting GLOC's. Oh and burning down every warehouse in Russia. What guerrilla tactics haven't they tried?
rgag12
AG
LMCane said:

Due to losses on the battlefield, we will have to soon discuss how Ukraine will begin to wage an insurgency campaign -

against occupying Russian forces in Donetsk, Luhansk and the entire Donbas (and possibly Kherson if the Uke counter-attack fails)

I think it all depends on Russia's willingness to hold the areas. It will be long and costly, but if they can hold the area for at least two generations (40-60 years) then the Annexation will stick and most people living there will identify more as Russian.

Ukraine won't be able to take back those areas unless Russia allows them to. Recently we've seen this kind of thing fail epically in the ME like in Afghanistan. Historically in Europe it's worked out a little better for occupiers, but still not great.
Ag In Ok
AG
I disagree, see the Balkans as a reason why. And other former Soviet states that kept their identify. However Russia May relocate as many enthnic Ukrainians and backfill with Russians to soften the anitrussia stance.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
100 days in and Russia still cannot control or stop the flow of weapons and goods into Ukraine. Shocking level of incompetence by the Russian military and their air force is a total and complete failure.
benchmark
AG
LMCane said:

Insurgency will play a role - but this may play out like the Donbass war 2014-21 ... except on steroids. With their new precision long range artillery and rockets, at least 50% of Russian occupied territory will be within range.
Waffledynamics
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Really curious if this gets a response from China.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ukraine is counterattacking in Severodonetsk. Sounds like they let Russia come in and are now hitting them with artillery.

Would this be realistic? An urban environment provides a lot of cover. Perhaps it is the case that the city is not worth defending anymore because it's so destroyed, and so a lot of that cover is defunct. Something just isn't completely adding up. Good for Ukraine if it is really happening, though.

74OA
AG
Good report.
AggieLit
Waffledynamics said:

Ukraine is counterattacking in Severodonetsk. Sounds like they let Russia come in and are now hitting them with artillery.

Would this be realistic? An urban environment provides a lot of cover. Perhaps it is the case that the city is not worth defending anymore because it's so destroyed, and so a lot of that cover is defunct. Something just isn't completely adding up. Good for Ukraine if it is really happening, though.

Best news in awhile.
EastSideAg2002
My understanding from Speak the Truth is that Lusychansk in high ground above the city and across the river is going to make it quite difficult for Russia to advance much further on that front unless they cutoff supplies or surround them from the south and west.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Per LiveUAMap:

Quote:

Ukrainian air defense shot down 3 missile over Mykolaiv region, and another over Odesa region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/3-june-ukrainian-air-defense-shot-down-3-missile-over-mykolaiv

Interesting... Did they just move new air defense into that area? I feel like I don't see many reports like this in that area.
AggieLit
EastSideAg2002 said:

My understanding from Speak the Truth is that Lusychansk in high ground above the city and across the river is going to make it quite difficult for Russia to advance much further on that front unless they cutoff supplies or surround them from the south and west.

Battle of Fredericksburg all over again.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Zelensky signed a decree on creating military administration in Henichesk
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/3-june-zelensky-signed-a-decree-on-creating-military-administration

Eh? That area is deep behind Russian lines, north of Crimea.

benchmark
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

True. Lysychansk sits 3-4 miles across the river and 300-400 ft above Severodonetsk. About the same distance as Little Round Top to Gettysburg ... except 200-300 ft higher. Just say'n.
GigEmRangers75455

Part 2 of James Vasquez interview
First Page Last Page
Page 632 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.