***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,536,964 Views | 47716 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by 74OA
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the most common heavy machine guns in the world. Most likely stripped off a damaged Russian vehicle and "retrofitted" by a machine shop to add a stock so it could be useful in the field.
Slother93
AG
aggiehawg said:

WesMaroon&White said:

Okay, help me out here. Is that real? or what is gun and what is background stuff?

It's a Soviet .50 caliber anti-aircraft design from pre-WWII. Widely distributed through Soviet-bloc countries, so very common and easy to strip off vehicles and converted to man-portable.
aggiehawg
AG
AgLA06 said:

One of the most common heavy machine guns in the world. Most likely stripped off a damaged Russian vehicle and "retrofitted" by a machine shop to add a stock so it could be useful in the field.
"retrofitted" is a nicer term than what came to mind, but how much length is added there?
Slother93
AG
Gun Jesus has a video on it.

lb3
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Thank you! WOW. Impressive weapon.
74OA
AG
Ukraine attacking South.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
lb3 said:

Hoping the Ukes get some momentum here. Given the concentration of Russian BTGs committed to the Donbas, it would be a significant feat to retake Kherson and force troop diversions to the South. This could stall Russian progress in the East, if they start losing occupied territory near the coast.
Waffledynamics
AG
lb3 said:

That's awfully close to Crimea and those airfields there. Gonna be tough to succeed.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Uke MiG-29

Rossticus
Best vid I've seen of Ukes firing off several rounds with an M777.

CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CeE8721LFov
Quote:

"I am a tank crew member and participated in the defense of Kyiv early March. North of Kyiv was heavy fighting and our group was to support infantry working on the Russians in villages. Our greatest fear is drone warfare and enemy tanks.

In Moschun, we were told enemy tanks and BMP's were in the area. We drove to our positions and waited for orders from the commander. On our left, some buildings. On the right, fewer buildings. We were on a road. The commander told us to be awake and ready to work on enemy vehicles.

A BMP (Russian) was more than 200 meters from us. Their auto cannon fired on us. We fired back and destroyed them. We were very excited about this because we had done our job as soldiers in our specific military task.

This was a realization for me. That was an expensive vehicle to produce. Their crew needed months to train and it cost money to bring it all the way here. All that money and time was for nothing once we saw it. We destroyed a vehicle worth more money than I will make in my life in 10 seconds.

After that, we saw no more enemy vehicles that day. We heard their auto cannons, but our assigned task was to block that area and so we did not leave to find them."

- "Viktor" Ukrainian Soldier. Battle of Moschun, Invasion of Ukraine. March. 2022.
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CeHlJGDrCCv
Quote:

"There was a weird gentlemen's agreement between us and the Russians in Moschun. No one had night vision. No one would shoot at each other at night.

They would play battleship with artillery and mortars. Nothing really happened. No one knew where anyone was so if you went into a house it could be a platoon or squad of friendlies or enemies. So everyone just stayed put and tried not to die or piss off the other side. We had a single thermal handheld. That's it.

The second day, morning time. 'Jerry', goes up on the long gun. Its 7am and he's aiming down the road and he sees like 3 Russian guys having coffee or tea. He yells down and asks,
'Can I ****ing kill them?'
The commander goes,
'Ehh, hold off.'

But 'Jerry' says he can see them. So the commander says okay. So 'Jerry' shoots one and hits one in the pelvis. And no **** right after that we start taking all the artillery. So it clicked there again. Another gentleman's agreement. You let guys have their morning coffee and then the war starts after.

So we started taking a **** ton of artillery. When you take artillery you first hear the firing, and then you wait for the impacts. It was hitting all around. In the trenches, buildings, everywhere. So that's how we started the day."

- "Dakota" Western Volunteer. Invasion of Ukraine. Battle of Moschun. March 11th, 2022.
CondensedFogAggie

Yep, got the reload time down to 40 seconds, improvement.
CondensedFogAggie

AlaskanAg99
AG
It is my hope thar without overwhelming support of arms and munitions, that Ukraine will continue to defend. It's much more costly to invade and holds than defend. Even if Ukraine is on its heels, as more highly advanced and technical arms arrivez they will be more precise, the cost to Russia in terms of hardware will continue to escalate. The constant harassment of drone dropped muntions will continue to degrade Russian morale. Make it too costly to continue.

I mean if they're moving in T62s, you're having.an outsized impact.

Even if terms are agreed to, drones alone will continue a different war. This is an entirely different type of war and the Russians are fighting a Soviet Era plan.

Absolutely fascinating and why the US should provide support, although a lot less public. It's our biggest bang for the buck and no citizens lives lost. Now do China.
WesMaroon&White
AG

revvie
AG
Have not read much about additional personnel being trained by Ukrainians. Wonder how many additional may be mobilized in coming weeks and how will they be incorporated into existing units.
Jetpilot86
AG
I'm sure the Orcs would like to know also.
CS78
Have the missile strikes further into the country completely stopped? Maybe Russia is hoping if they cooled it, the world will soon forget and allow them to do what they want in the east?
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Echelon with T-80BV tanks in Rostov-on-Don

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/29-may-echelon-with-t80bv-tanks-in-rostovondon

FIDO95
AG

This guy has been making some great videos on the daily situation in Ukraine. I had been watching "Speak the Truth" but it started to get a little repetitive.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
benchmark
AG
We're going to see a lot more of these loitering contraptions. Reminiscent of some of the crazy stuff that came out in WW2
74OA
AG
Back to the future. COSSACKS
Ag In Ok
AG
Have we seen any counter drone gear?
Demosthenes81
AG

Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
PJYoung
AG
aezmvp
Ag In Ok said:

Yes there are quite a few older AA guns that have been repurposed for drone work and there are some specific communication jamming units that were spotted early but they don't get talked about much. There was some chatter about it being a top target for TB2 on Telegram early in the war but I haven't seen anything about those in a month. I don't think the Russians had a ton of the jamming gear but lots of other gear could be repurposed for it depending on what frequencies people are using.
agsalaska
AG
Gun Jesus is one of my heroes.
JFABNRGR
AG
aezmvp said:

Ag In Ok said:

Yes there are quite a few older AA guns that have been repurposed for drone work and there are some specific communication jamming units that were spotted early but they don't get talked about much. There was some chatter about it being a top target for TB2 on Telegram early in the war but I haven't seen anything about those in a month. I don't think the Russians had a ton of the jamming gear but lots of other gear could be repurposed for it depending on what frequencies people are using.

I havent looked at Ornyx since friday but ukes had downed about 80 of the orcs drones at that point. something is working and hope to see more down. russian weapons without eyes in the sky is almost worthless and forces them to send out sunflower fertilizer.
74OA
AG
Looks like it's actually going to happen. Thanks again, Putin. GERMANY
Waffledynamics
AG
James Vasquez is going to be featured on Speak The Truth this week. Not in this episode, but he says it will be this week.

Slother93
AG
agsalaska said:

Gun Jesus is one of my heroes.

Same here. The man walks on water as far as I'm concerned.
Waffledynamics
AG
FIDO95 said:

This guy has been making some great videos on the daily situation in Ukraine. I had been watching "Speak the Truth" but it started to get a little repetitive.
Denys is great. I think Speak the Truth got repetitive at times because the war was getting repetitive and non-eventful. He's still had great information. There just haven't been a lot of changes.
First Page Last Page
Page 628 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.