***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,546,074 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Hit it.

The harpoon is an aging platform but the Norwegian anti-ship strike missile is one of the best in the world.
GAC06
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

Hit it.

1. Probably gonna help make Odessa harder to blockade.

2. Will be a selling point to the Taiwanese who need to get their ass in gear.

I think Taiwan is aware of the threat they face. They have some stuff
Ag In Ok
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

Hit it.

Given the limited range. I assume it is to free up the Ukes to aim further out. I don't see it protecting Odessa's port well - if the Russians keep their attack subs in place, no one would risk the travel. Right?
Waffledynamics
AG
The Ukes have got to figure out a way to stop and/or reverse the Russians' slow gains in the East. It may be a meat grinder, but the Russians are willing to throw men into that meat grinder. I have no idea how they don't collapse from low morale, but they somehow don't.

Rossticus
Russia to Europe. You're our *****es. We own you. Now fall in line.

Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Russia is evil, and Europe owes Trump a huge ****ing apology for laughing at him when he said they needed to cut their reliance on them.

Why their leaders think it's smart to bow to Russia is beyond me. It makes no geostrategic sense. It is a massive national security issue.
10thYrSr
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Russia is evil, and Europe owes Trump a huge ****ing apology for laughing at him when he said they needed to cut their reliance on them.

Why their leaders think it's smart to bow to Russia is beyond me. It makes no geostrategic sense. It is a massive national security issue.

Their leaders bow because they need their exports.
Waffledynamics
AG
Russian Orlan-10 drone was downed near Hostomel, Kyiv region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-may-russian-orlan10-drone-was-downed-near-hostomel-kyiv

The Reds are interested in diverting forces from Eastern/Northeastern frontlines, for certain.
K2-HMFIC
GAC06 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

Hit it.

I think Taiwan is aware of the threat they face. They have some stuff

Outside the scope of this thread, the Taiwanese are infamous for wanting ships and fighter aircraft and not things like anti ship missile trucks.
MeatDr
AG
FamousAgg
I wonder how many "nazi, satanic shrines, infant sacrificial alters" or whatever bull rap Russia will come up with, that the Russians will "find" when they search the steel plant tunnels.
benchmark
AG
A few videos to detract from news that Russia is gaining momentum in the east near Severodonetsk and Popasna.
P.U.T.U
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Don't get why this is interesting, SOF all of the world use modified ATV vehicles for this exact purpose. Retrofit with a special muffler and they are pretty dang quiet, reliable, and quick.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
Waffledynamics said:

The Ukes have got to figure out a way to stop and/or reverse the Russians' slow gains in the East. It may be a meat grinder, but the Russians are willing to throw men into that meat grinder. I have no idea how they don't collapse from low morale, but they somehow don't.

I don't think the slow gains made by the Russians is an end game in any way. The complex problems they have faced in holding territory have not been solved. They are still losing large numbers of troops which are being replaced by less experienced personnel and armor which they are struggling to refit due to a variety of issues.

The Ukes' capabilities are in an upward ramp and they continue to successfully execute their strategies of degrading supply lines and targeting command/control. Things will likely go on for months, but I think this favors the Ukes. Cutting off supply and logistics will prove to be the most effective weapon to fracture the Russian campaign.

If this conflict somehow gets back into winter months, I think the Russians' supply/moral pain will be exponential.
AlaskanAg99
AG
BattleGrackle said:

I wonder how many "nazi, satanic shrines, infant sacrificial alters" or whatever bull rap Russia will come up with, that the Russians will "find" when they search the steel plant tunnels.

Hopefully they only trip boobytraps.
P.U.T.U
AG
Things won't likely go on for months, they will go on for months. Russia thought this would be a three day war but it will go on until at least the end of 2022 unless Russia pulls out (not likely if Putin is still alive). Now that the Uke capabilities have leveled the playing field you will likely see a war similar to the Russia/Afghanistan war. Interestingly enough, both wars started to turn with the help of the CIA.

These major countries like the USA and Russia are not learning from their past failures. Now the politicians and general are sending their youth to die for a meaningless war.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I think drones carrying anti-tank munitions along with drone directed artillery will just wear down the Russians ability to keep and replace hardware. Drones are cheap and they're dropping cheap munitions. If a $200 antitank grenade is taking out a million plus dollar tank, that's a solid ROI. If the lines barely move and Russia continues to experience heavy losses, they'll eventually collapse.
MeatDr
AG

Waffledynamics
AG
This is my concern. Russia is making gains and will likely soon cut off Severodonetsk. Ukes better have a plan that doesn't involve getting surrounded and ground into dust/captured.
Artorias
AG
Is anyone expecting Ukraine to hold out/win long-term without more extensive assistance from other countries?
74OA
AG
Artorias said:

Is anyone expecting Ukraine to hold out/win long-term without more extensive assistance from other countries?
We just approved $40B more in aid and Europe has ensured Ukraine currently has more tanks than it did at the start of hostilities. I see no slacking in assistance so far.
JFABNRGR
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Things won't likely go on for months, they will go on for months. Russia thought this would be a three day war but it will go on until at least the end of 2022 unless Russia pulls out (not likely if Putin is still alive). Now that the Uke capabilities have leveled the playing field you will likely see a war similar to the Russia/Afghanistan war. Interestingly enough, both wars started to turn with the help of the CIA.

These major countries like the USA and Russia are not learning from their past failures. Now the politicians and general are sending their youth to die for a meaningless war.
What the world, and particularly Africa/ME need to start heavily influencing and or helping to end this atrocity, ASAP, in a manner that russia is OUT of UKR so that UKR can harvest whatever they got planted AND can begin shipping fertilizer again south of the equator.

We can either be paying for weapons or a **** ton of food....and likely more weapons or even lives. Better let the ukes grow it and sell it allowing them to rebuild as much as they can on their own.

Not enough media covering the potential hell headed to africa/me, which will directly affect europe with food crisis.
ABATTBQ11
AG
74OA said:

Artorias said:

We just approved $40B more in aid and Europe has ensured Ukraine currently has more tanks than it did at the start of hostilities. I see no slacking in assistance so far.

I think he means extensive additional assistance over the long term. They will be hard pressed to continue this war long term without outside help because the Russians have the numbers and stockpiles. Even with what has been given, Ukraine will continue to require assistance for the foreseeable future.

It might not be a bad idea to set up training facilities in Poland and start putting Ukrainians through American basic, then off to other schools before deploying to the front. If we know this war will go on long term and they have the volunteers, train them like we train ourselves. Train them on more of our equipment, then give it to them.
Artorias
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

74OA said:

Artorias said:

I think he means extensive additional assistance over the long term. They will be hard pressed to continue this war long term without outside help because the Russians have the numbers and stockpiles.
This. Money and weapons are great and all, but if there are no people left to use them, how do you win?
txags92
AG
Artorias said:

If we keep pumping supplies to them, I think Ukraine can win. I also think they if we can keep Europe on board with sanctions and getting off of Russian O&G, the Ukrainians are going to keep making enough gains and embarrassing Russia enough at home that somebody will eventually take Putin out. I actually think it will happen sooner rather than later, because the powers that be badly need to keep Germany and others from getting too far down the tracks on their plans to be Russia-free by this winter. Once they reach the point where they don't "need" Russia, courting them back will be a tall order.

Russia needs to get this resolved quickly enough that they can keep Europe on their teets for energy. I can see a new leader taking over for Putin and pulling back from all of Ukraine except the Crimea, declaring that the "denazification" is complete since they killed them all in the Azovsteel plant, and then trying to get sanctions lifted as soon as possible. Maybe they say Putin died of cancer or a heart attack from the stress of leading the successful operation to denazify the Donbas. Whatever they need to keep the folks at home in the dark and on their side...but they can't wait for Europe to get comfortable with new energy suppliers to make it all happen.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Russians are fighting with Soviet Era weapons. And yes, they can grind on, but thr Ukes are being provided with cutting edge weapons and intelligence. Plus they are fighting for survival.

So long as Russia cannot make fast advances and hold it, their stockpiles will be drawn down. They cannot replace it and they cannot commit 100% because they will leave their country exposed and they cannot replenish.
MeatDr
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
See my edit. Ukraine has a lot of people willing to fight. Best course of action may be to start training them. Pull some of the current experienced soldiers and send them to American NCO schools, even if they have to be abbreviated some. Take some of their current NCO's and send them to OCS. Build up and develop the command and leadership structure, and train their volunteers at lost levels to fill out a well trained military force.
P.U.T.U
AG
On a flip side hopefully this slows down the Russian takeover of resources in Africa, though if this happens China will likely step in and continue the atrocities.

We heard China helping out Russia early on in the but have not heard much about that after the initial seige. Think China saw the lack of performance of their equipment in the field and took a step back to regroup.
aggiehawg
AG
Ukrainians really like to play f***-f***, don't they?
docb
AG
I hope we can supply them with some longer range weapons or maybe they are already being trained on them as we speak. I'd love to see the Ukranians take out the naval base in Crimea. Make it where they can't refit their navy in the Black Sea.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Russians are fighting with Soviet Era weapons. And yes, they can grind on, but thr Ukes are being provided with cutting edge weapons and intelligence. Plus they are fighting for survival.

So long as Russia cannot make fast advances and hold it, their stockpiles will be drawn down. They cannot replace it and they cannot commit 100% because they will leave their country exposed and they cannot replenish.

Weapons will only do so much. What they are really going to need over the long run is people to use the weapons. Ukraine is ramping up capability with newer and better weapons, but they will eventually hit a decline if they cannot keep up with personnel.

Remember, the Ukrainians are also heavily utilizing Soviet era weapons and technology. All of that Soviet era technology they're using is just as hard to replenish for them as for the Russians. Mostly because they're getting everyone else's leftovers. The kind of technology that will really make a difference and can be replenished by western manufacturing, like patriot batteries, advanced aircraft, and tanks, require high levels of familiarization and training. That's why they aren't getting them. IMHO, it would be a good strategic move to start that now in anticipation of them needing it later.
JFABNRGR
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

See my edit. Ukraine has a lot of people willing to fight. Best course of action may be to start training them. Pull some of the current experienced soldiers and send them to American NCO schools, even if they have to be abbreviated some. Take some of their current NCO's and send them to OCS. Build up and develop the command and leadership structure, and train their volunteers at lost levels to fill out a well trained military force.
Wali says they are being trained and getting better everyday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/uttmpy/enemy_propaganda_distorting_reality_wali/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Artillery destroys 22+ armor units, unfortunately a bunch of farm assets as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/uu1dqd/ukrainian_artillery_destroyed_10_russian_tanks_8/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Zobel
AG
Russia has many many tanks and we all know sanctions aren't perfectly effective. I would guess that the current trajectory including US aid results in an eventual Russian victory. Pyrrhic perhaps but victory nonetheless.
lb3
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

A 10 week OCS program wouldn't do much for Ukranian soldiers. Those programs aren't designed to create leaders, they're designed to weed out those that aren't leadership material. Leadership training comes later.
First Page Last Page
Page 617 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.