***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,302 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Tanker123
MeatDr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane
Spartacus said:

And 1 Battleship
technically the Moskva was a Cruiser.
Rossticus
This is why I fully anticipate Russia to formally declare war on Ukraine within the next several weeks. It's the only way that they can forcibly mass conscript and fully mobilize their only advantage.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

This is why I fully anticipate Russia to formally declare war on Ukraine within the next several weeks. It's the only way that they can forcibly mass conscript and fully mobilize their only advantage.

One has to wonder about the consequences of such a decision. It's definitely why they've been pushing the jingoism lately, but is that enough to get past what is possibly a lot of cognitive dissonance among the Russian public?
Waffledynamics
AG
Wow, they're not kidding when they say the tunnels under Azovstal are massive.

Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

One has to wonder about the consequences of such a decision. It's definitely why they've been pushing the jingoism lately, but is that enough to get past what is possibly a lot of cognitive dissonance among the Russian public?

Based on domestic Russian sentiment toward Ukraine over the past year and broadening Russian support for crushing Ukraine currently, combined with fear of opposing the government, I don't think there would be enough initial public pushback to prevent Putin from moving forward.

That might eventually change if Ukraine can hold up and send enough Russians home dead but I think that it would have to get really ugly first.
Rossticus
Just sayin'…

mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Rossticus said:

Just sayin'…

We don't have enough weapons to defend against Russia. We have enough to obliterate them, conventionally at least.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Just sayin'…

Is this the Russian version of Alex Jones? Or is this Putin's paid spokesperson?
Rossticus
Well, that would just be unfair, now wouldn't it?

Rossticus
He's legit and a closely allied propagandist of the Kremlin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Solovyov_(journalist)
Jayhawk
Rossticus said:

That's a bit outlandish and kind of a weird statement. The Mi-17 is a transport/utility helicopter. I'm sure there are gunship variants floaitng around but its not something anyone would use to attack Russia. Unless it was being used to insert troops which is far fetched at this point.

Rossticus
Russia is stirring the pot as fast as they can and trying to make everything about Ukraine's defensive struggle into an offensive threat to the motherland.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Kharkiv within the past several hours. Pulled from a tweet posted by a member of TDF that used profanity. I'd use profanity too if Russia was setting my homeland ablaze.
Rossticus

Rossticus
Seabreeze
Seem like Russian has gone all in. Faith, the good book, and bullets are needed.
Isaiah 54:17 ESV / 93
No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord."
Romans 16:20 ESV / 37
"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
agent-maroon
AG
The rus have been serving up some of the worst propaganda I've ever seen. They invade another country and then claim their government goes to killing their own people to make the invaders look bad? Do you think anyone ever reads this and realizes how stupid that line of BS sounds to anybody who's not russian?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Seabreeze

10thYrSr
Is anyone alarmed that this thread falls during the day? I guess we have gotten used to the fact that people are dying every day. Not to say that we don't care, but our attention is worn out. You can tell by the frequency of postings. This is all great information but we have become exhausted.

People dedicated to the cause (Rossticus among others) continue to post valuable information.

We have heard of battles where the Ukraine is making gains. We have seen videos where people like us and their children are subjected to horrendous outcomes. For what?

What are we prepared to do to fight the nastiness that is war? This scenario was replicated many times before in history.

There is nothing we can do. If we act we invite war. Are you ready for your children to die? Russian mother's are sending their children to die. They don't know it yet.

Ukraine didn't allow men of fighting age to leave. Their mothers sent them to die.

Waffledynamics
AG
This seems risky.
Waffledynamics
AG
10thYrSr said:

Is anyone alarmed that this thread falls during the day? I guess we have gotten used to the fact that people are dying every day. Not to say that we don't care, but our attention is worn out. You can tell by the frequency of postings. This is all great information but we have become exhausted.
For a while, it seemed like there wasn't as much movement as Russia was retreating from near Kyiv and repositioning troops. Ukraine is also holding the line reasonably well, and so a lot of news is just more of the same. Hopefully the next big changes are in Ukraine's favor.
PJYoung
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Rossticus said:

Just sayin'…

We don't have enough weapons to defend against Russia. We have enough to obliterate them, conventionally at least.

You think we're short of nukes?
Seabreeze
10thYrSr said:

People dedicated to the cause (Rossticus among others) continue to post valuable information.

We have heard of battles where the Ukraine is making gains. We have seen videos where people like us and their children are subjected to horrendous outcomes. For what?

What are we prepared to do to fight the nastiness that is war? This scenario was replicated many times before in history.

There is nothing we can do. If we act we invite war. Are you ready for your children to die? Russian mother's are sending their children to die. They don't know it yet.

Ukraine didn't allow men of fighting age to leave. Their mothers sent them to die.

Yes people have moved on. Look at the nighty news. Unless you're vested you no longer have a reason to care. In a month this thread will be trickles of info. Ukraine will be forgotten. Johnny Dept is more important now on Fox News than Ukraine.
knj2417
AG
Honestly, I get most of my info from this thread and hope it continues. Appreciate all the content people bring
Seabreeze
Sharpshooter
AG

Granted I am not trained military; however, isn't it normal that fighting subsides during the night? Our day is their night, so, it seems normal that posts would subside as well. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post.
10thYrSr
black_ice said:

benchmark said:

Ulysses90 said:

The semi-annual conscription of 130-150k in Russia is producing a ****ty force. Trying to scale that up to even 500k would be impossible for them especially with their military equipment production lines nearing paralysis.

The list of Russia's military options is quickly narrowing down to nukes.
This^. For the foreseeable future, Russia's military simply isn't scalable much beyond what we've already seen. Regardless of the quality or quantity of their personnel, they may have too many limitations with their supply chain - materiel, equipment, weapons, supplies, etc.

Which brings us to a big question ... what happens if their offensive stalls or fails?

The answer will be nukes.

Who are they going to nuke?
lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

Translation: "Leadership couldn't shoot deserters and mutineers from their previous command location."
10thYrSr
Sharpshooter said:

Granted I am not trained military; however, isn't it normal that fighting subsides during the night? Our day is their night, so, it seems normal that posts would subside as well. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post.

What I mean to say is that people are losing interest in this conflict. This thread used to be at the top of the page every time. Now I wouldn't be surprised to find it on the second page if it weren't for Rossticus late night updates
Waffledynamics
AG
10thYrSr said:

Sharpshooter said:

What I mean to say is that people are losing interest in this conflict. This thread used to be at the top of the page every time. Now I wouldn't be surprised to find it on the second page if it weren't for Rossticus late night updates
Rossticus is a workhorse for information, and we all are thankful for him.
Who?mikejones!
Jayhawk said:

Rossticus said:

That's a bit outlandish and kind of a weird statement. The Mi-17 is a transport/utility helicopter. I'm sure there are gunship variants floaitng around but its not something anyone would use to attack Russia. Unless it was being used to insert troops which is far fetched at this point.

I randomly saw one of those flying in Colorado two summers ago.

Now that I think about it, it was kinda weird. We were going fishing an antero reservoir and there's a Y in the road where we take a right. The police had the Y blocked off where you couldn't continue straight and had to go right. Then, right as we get up the hill, a very low flying Russian helicopter is flying what would have been straight past the Y
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
Waffledynamics said:

10thYrSr said:

For a while, it seemed like there wasn't as much movement as Russia was retreating from near Kyiv and repositioning troops. Ukraine is also holding the line reasonably well, and so a lot of news is just more of the same. Hopefully the next big changes are in Ukraine's favor.
I agree with this. I'm thinking the Ukes are repelling, counter-attacking and trying to keep the Russians geographically contained to allow for deployment of advanced (heavy) weapons to be strategically positioned in country.

After which, they will be able to launch some serious offensive attacks and dish out some payback.
First Page Last Page
Page 515 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.