***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,595,876 Views | 47840 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by pagerman @ work
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This all continues to appear very convenient and not at all logical from the side of what Ukraine would do if they were actually launching missile attacks at an objective inside Russia. Not to mention that launching missiles at military targets in eastern Ukraine would yield far more impactful results.

Russia wants to set the stage for potential declaration of war on Ukraine in order to trigger full mobilization and mass conscription if they haven't secured victory in the east by early may, IMO.

USAFAg
AG
Rossticus said:

This all continues to appear very convenient and not at all logical from the side of what Ukraine would do if they were actually launching missile attacks at an objective inside Russia. Not to mention that launching missiles at military targets in eastern Ukraine would yield far more impactful results.

LOL...wut? Just unreal....

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
AgBQ-00
AG
Rossticus said:

Wait...declare war??!!?? I mean that may be a bridge too far there Ivan...
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
p_bubel
Rossticus said:

Chutzpah.
aggiehawg
AG
Didn't the FSB bomb apartment buildings in Grozny to drum up support for a new offense in Chechnya?
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Didn't the FSB bomb apartment buildings in Grozny to drum up support for a new offense in Chechnya?

Yes they did. This is in the playbook. It's a Putin special. This happened soon after he initially took office.
Rossticus
Doc Holliday: "Say when"

Rossticus
Rossticus
Got any more of them "unpredictable consequences" Vlad?

GAC06
AG
Sinking our ship that was shelling your city is an act of war!!!
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
MouthBQ98
AG
USA*** said:

CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Not sure what the picture is trying to say. Those are T-34/85s and SU-100s circa 1943-5 eras tanks.

Edit: though the gun visible in the foreground is more "modern" with it's evacuator can't see what it's attached to...

I was going to say Russia hasn't de played that equipment for decades. North Korea still uses it, however. It's either a museum refurbishment picture from stock photos, or old equipment being prepared for overseas sales.
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

Sinking our ship that was shelling your city is an act of war!!!

Insane, ain't it? Russia has been channeling an angry 6 year old since the start of this thing and it's apparent that this really is who they (or at the very least their government and elites) are. They're an utter nutter.
Die Hard Ag
AG
Declare war on Ukraine? With what army?
CondensedFogAggie

Ain't their first rodeo with the ruskies
J. Walter Weatherman
RebelE Infantry said:

MeatDr said:

We've known they've been doing this for a bit, but here is an update.

Mostly captured. If you read the whole thread, only 582 of the scans have been corpses.

Unroll: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514941871830835200.html

This is monstrously evil (sending photos of corpses). And what is it supposed to accomplish? Does anyone think this will convince babushkas to demand Putin end the war? It is more likely that it will produce exactly the opposite. This behavior is to be roundly condemned by all civilized people.

And before anyone accuses me of excusing crimes committed by Russian soldiers- I firmly believe any soldier guilty of rape, murder, and the like should be summarily shot.

You should probably take it up with the people that sent them to invade another country for no reason.
aezmvp
The war piece is an internal thing. It allows them to keep the current conscript class and mobilize additional units and call up additional reserves and send conscripts into a foreign country. Now they did some of that but it changes their internal laws. They will almost certainly have to anyhow do have sufficient forces to send.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Nearing the: "Fightin' has commenced. Get to fightin' or get away!" moment, I'm afraid. Russia is going to keep pushing because they think the US won't ultimately follow through and will back off and serve up Ukraine to them when the cards are down. I honestly can't say I know what we'll do.

Waffledynamics
AG
Kazakhstan has already told them to pound sand, right?
Would this declaration change US/NATO posturing at all?
Ulrich
Russia is a playground bully who broke his hand punching someone and blames the victim. "Look how he hurt me!"
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Kazakhstan has already told them to pound sand, right?
Would this declaration change US/NATO posturing at all?

No idea. The implications of how we respond are massive in numerous ways, though. We're nearing a moment that will define the future of the world and our country.
GAC06
AG
Absolutely fascinating to see the fragile ego of Russians and their apologists as their fictional world of great power status comes crashing down around them.
Ulrich
Russia's invasion has bolstered NATO by (1) proving that it still serves an important purpose, and (2) driving Ukraine, Sweden, and Finland to consider applying for membership. Plus, Europe is moving to secure alternate supplies of energy, hampering Russia's ability to conduct economic warfare or fund a large military.

If they call on their own alliance, it may refuse to throw perfectly good (but probably worse than Russian) soldiers and material into a lost cause, further weakening both Russia's prestige and the eastern bloc as a counterbalance to NATO.

Anyone who ever tried to raise money knows you ask for money before you need it, not after you run out of your own. Same thing here. If Russia needed a coalition to beat Ukraine, they should have started with one rather than asking for help after they failed in embarrassing public fashion.

Russia is isolating themselves and weakening their position with every move. If you're not growing, you're dying. If they keep playing a losing game they are going to back themselves into a desperate corner. China will turn from tepid support to annexing pieces of Siberia in a heartbeat.
74OA
AG
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

Absolutely fascinating to see the fragile ego of Russians and their apologists as their fictional world of great power status comes crashing down around them.

The problem is that if US/NATO back off in the face of a formal war declaration (where continuing to aid Ukraine would almost certainly be considered an act of war against Russia) then we reinforce their self image and empower similar future behavior which could lead to future war.

If we refuse to back down, then we could be at war with Russia now in some form, should Russia declare it.

Time for everyone to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves:

"Who are we and what do we really want to be for the next 100 years for our children and our grandchildren?".

I'm eternally grateful for the America that my grandfathers' sacrifice gave me but eventually we have to take up that mantle and decide how to advance.

AlaskanAg99
AG
Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

The problem is that if US/NATO back off in the face of a formal war declaration (where continuing to aid Ukraine would almost certainly be considered an act of war against Russia) then we reinforce their self image and empower similar future behavior which could lead to future war.

If we refuse to back down, then we could be at war with Russia now in some form, should Russia declare it.

"Who are we and what do we really want to be for the next 100 years for our children and our grandchildren?".

I'm eternally grateful for the America that my grandfathers' sacrifice gave me but eventually we have to take up that mantle and decide how to advance.

Just stop making the gifts of support public.
aggiehawg
AG
B-1 83
AG
aggiehawg said:

What is the most effective way to knock these out of the sky?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Waffledynamics
AG
GAC06
AG
Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

They can declare war and we should ignore it and continue aiding Ukraine. If they decide to go to war with us they can FAAFO. They know we can absolutely rain missiles on them, their high end stuff, and their infrastructure.
Rossticus
They have imaging satellites too and can certainly confirm shipments entering the country. The senate passed lend/lease and the house will too so there won't be any secrets. It all depends on how confrontational Russia chooses to be over it but a full declaration of war on Ukraine changes some of the dynamics and significantly raises stakes.
Faustus
NM.
wangus12
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Ain't their first rodeo with the ruskies

Gotta love all these so called inferior nations clowning on Mother Russia
First Page Last Page
Page 494 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.