***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,596,265 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Ag with kids
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We in Lithuania.

wangus12
AG
FriscoKid said:

Those PGM's aren't cheep and Russia doesn't have an unlimited number of them. This seems like a desperate attempt.

Yeah praying for Ukes though. Hope the Russians are blowing their load literally and the Ukes weather the storm
Rossticus
Ornithopter
AG
Dude is about to have a fatal heart attack
FriscoKid
AG
wangus12 said:

FriscoKid said:

Those PGM's aren't cheep and Russia doesn't have an unlimited number of them. This seems like a desperate attempt.

Yeah praying for Ukes though. Hope the Russians are blowing their load literally and the Ukes weather the storm

That's what I would do tonight (no military experience). Hide as deep as I can and take the expensive explosions as best as I can and counter tomorrow.

Russia is in no position to take Kiev or anything right now without any ground support. They are just popping off expensive rockets because Putin is pissed.
MeatDr
AG
I need stars just so I can use a laughing emoji!

lobopride
Two missiles hitting a ship usually brings that ship to the end of its operational life. So technically the truth.
Charpie
AG
MeatDr said:

Here you go
wangus12
AG
MeatDr said:

They just left out the part where the end of its operational life was due to the God of the Sea Neptune
Rossticus
wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

They just left out the part where the end of its operational life was due to the God of the Sea Neptune

Russian sea god is "Ineptune".
FamousAgg
Make it permanent and do China next!
CondensedFogAggie

Ukraine-Russia Set To Fight Largest Tank Battle in Europe Since World War 2

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-set-fight-largest-tank-battle-since-world-war-2-poland-1697196
Quote:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has warned that Russia is amassing tens of thousands of troops in the east of Ukraine for a new offensive that likely aims, as the Kremlin has announced, at the "complete liberation" of Donbas.

It is expected that Russia will be able to deploy its full heavy military equipment in the eastern region thanks to the shorter supply line from Russia, taking advantage of its military superiority in this form of traditional warfare.

"The battle for Donbas will remind you of the Second World War, with its large operations and maneuvers, the involvement of thousands of tanks, armored vehicles, planes and artillery," said Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba last week after a meeting with NATO ministers.

"And this will not be a local operation, based on what we see in Russia's preparations. Either you help us now and I'm speaking days, not weeks or your help will come too late and many people will die."

The Czech Republic is so far the only country that has sent tanks to Ukraine, dispatching five T-72 tanks and five BVP-1 or BMP-1 tracked infantry fighting vehicles to the country last week, as reported by Reuters.

During the past week, both the UK and Germany have refused Ukraine's requests to send tanks, with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson saying it "wouldn't be appropriate."

Ukrainian Defense Ministry Spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said Ukrainian authorities "forecast that active combat will begin in these areas [the Donbas] in the nearest time."
Come on, why the hell did you build those tanks if not for situations like this. It's not even your own soldiers that are going to die.
deddog
AG
Rossticus said:

So Stalinesque...
CondensedFogAggie

Quote:

The Czech Republic has reportedly delivered "at least 20" RM-70 multiple rocket launcher systems (MRLSs) to Ukraine. These are derived from the ubiquitous BM-21 Grad system, of which Ukraine had over 200 at the commencement of hostilities. Ukraine's confirmed to have lost at least 12 BM-21s in combat.
BusterAg
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Ukraine-Russia Set To Fight Largest Tank Battle in Europe Since World War 2 - https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-set-fight-largest-tank-battle-since-world-war-2-poland-1697196

Quote:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has warned that Russia is amassing tens of thousands of troops in the east of Ukraine for a new offensive that likely aims, as the Kremlin has announced, at the "complete liberation" of Donbas.

It is expected that Russia will be able to deploy its full heavy military equipment in the eastern region thanks to the shorter supply line from Russia, taking advantage of its military superiority in this form of traditional warfare.

"The battle for Donbas will remind you of the Second World War, with its large operations and maneuvers, the involvement of thousands of tanks, armored vehicles, planes and artillery," said Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba last week after a meeting with NATO ministers.

"And this will not be a local operation, based on what we see in Russia's preparations. Either you help us now and I'm speaking days, not weeks or your help will come too late and many people will die."

The Czech Republic is so far the only country that has sent tanks to Ukraine, dispatching five T-72 tanks and five BVP-1 or BMP-1 tracked infantry fighting vehicles to the country last week, as reported by Reuters.

During the past week, both the UK and Germany have refused Ukraine's requests to send tanks, with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson saying it "wouldn't be appropriate."

Ukrainian Defense Ministry Spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said Ukrainian authorities "forecast that active combat will begin in these areas [the Donbas] in the nearest time."
Come on, why the hell did you build those tanks if not for situations like this. It's not even your own soldiers that are going to die.
Is it a potential problem for you to get your state-of-the-art tanks captured by Russia, and give away a bunch of unannounced new tech? That is the only thing I can think of here.
deddog
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagram.com/stories/combatpix/2816465127552168823

CondensedFogAggie
BusterAg said:

Is it a potential problem for you to get your state-of-the-art tanks captured by Russia, and give away a bunch of unannounced new tech? That is the only thing I can think of here.
True, but there's got to be entire warehouses filled with older near retirement version of tanks you can ship today
deddog
AG
deddog said:

Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagram.com/stories/combatpix/2816465127552168823

Don't know how to post an Instagram picture

This is the pic

CondensedFogAggie

Man doing exactly what a leader in his position should do, keep the money and arms flowing in.
CondensedFogAggie

Maybe slightly early, but hey whatever
MeatDr
AG
Blood-stained hand-me-downs?
ShotOver
AG
Rossticus said:

We in Lithuania.

Makes this M109A2 former Battery Commender proud! Go get 'em boys.
Rossticus
Full Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514761230887657474.html

JFABNRGR
AG

Rossticus said:

How nice of them to share where Ukraine should strike next

Looks to me they just need to airdrop a pallet of vodka on the side of the river before you drive over the bridge.

Forte10 taking trophy pics earlier directly over sink site.
JB!98
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Rossticus said:

How nice of them to share where Ukraine should strike next

Looks to me they just need to airdrop a pallet of vodka on the side of the river before you drive over the bridge.

Forte10 taking trophy pics earlier directly over sink site.
Que the Benny Hill music. Hell, que the Benny Hill music for this whole Russian invasion so far.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Rossticus
wangus12
AG

Ukraine-Russia Set To Fight Largest Tank Battle in Europe Since World War 2

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-set-fight-largest-tank-battle-since-world-war-2-poland-1697196
Quote:

Watch it be a major fake out. Russians show up in tanks to charge across the field. Ukes show up and just drop off a battalion of men all armed with Javelins instead of tanks. Uke farmers and their tractors make massive profits clearing the fields of scrap metal
Jock 07
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Rossticus said:

Cope, cope, cope your boat…

I mean, technically, a Neptune strike would be an ammo detonation would it not?

Also, I couldn't help but wonder if the Moskva sank despite Russia's best recovery efforts, or if Russia just decided to let the Moskva sink because in the daylight it showed obvious signs of being struck by anti-ship missiles and they would rather let it sink than admit that Ukraine struck them so decisively...

SAR doesn't care about lighting conditions but not sure if SAR fidelity is enough to make out a missile strike signature.
I Like Mike
AG
Is the Moskva the largest warship lost in combat since the Belgrano in the Falklands? One of the biggest since maybe WWII?
Not a Bot
AG
MarkoRamius said:

Is the Moskva the largest warship lost in combat since the Belgrano in the Falklands? One of the biggest since maybe WWII?

In terms of size, it was just a few feet longer than the Belgrano with similar tonnage. The Belgrano carried twice as many sailors. Argentina reported 323 deaths.

Possible more died on the Moskva but we will probably not know. Russia will probably claim everyone lived.
CondensedFogAggie

Ad hoc production line of plates and body armor. Slava Ukraini
CondensedFogAggie

Update from Wali, the Canadian sniper who arrived in Ukraine very early in the war.

Quote:

War in Ukraine...

The battle of Kyiv has been won. This is the biggest Russian defeat in decades.

I am no longer in Kyiv. We're already in position to hit the next Russian reinforcements. We have heavy weapon capable of charging Russian armored vehicles.

The Russians are afraid of the Ukrainians. As soon as a hangover gets serious, they give up their vehicles and retire on the run. By the way, we make jokes about this, like how Russian reinforcements are actually a restock for the Ukrainian army.

*My latest sniper book and my other projects: www.livreswali.com

Faith and Fight

W
https://www.facebook.com/1411163505845340/posts/2745725749055769/
Rossticus
442 currently unaccounted for based on latest reports. 54 rescued by Turkish ship. 14 made it off and flown to Sevastopol.
Rossticus
Not even trying to pretend any more. This is some insane isht.

Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 490 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.