***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,596,583 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Ag with kids
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cope, cope, cope your boat…

ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

No but less likely to be attacked if they're firing them out of Belarus, depending on where they're moving them from. That or making a visible statement to Finland if they park them on the border like they threatened to a few days back.

Finland doesn't care. They've said Russia already has nukes in the Baltic, so there's no big change. Russia would just be more open about it.
Rossticus
Re: earlier bridge demo

Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Rossticus said:

No but less likely to be attacked if they're firing them out of Belarus, depending on where they're moving them from. That or making a visible statement to Finland if they park them on the border like they threatened to a few days back.

Finland doesn't care. They've said Russia already has nukes in the Baltic, so there's no big change. Russia would just be more open about it.

I agree. No reason for Finland to care. Just Russia doing Russia things. Gotta be killing Putin that nobody is all that afraid of Russia any more and Ukraine is clowning on them. The more threats they keep trying to push the worse it's going to get for them.
Ulysses90
AG
Rossticus said:

Nah. They'll have conventional warheads. Not concerned about nukes or any threat to anyone other than Ukraine. They may saber rattle at Finland over NATO membership but it would be sheer stupidity for Russia to expand the war right now. I don't think Putin has completely stroked out and started pulling levers blindly (yet).

If the past six weeks has taught us anything it is not to underestimate the Russians' propensity to do stupid things. For that reason I wouldn't discount the possibility that Russia would use TOPOLs with conventional warheads but it stupid to do so.

I believe that using TOPOLs to carry conventional warheads would be stupid because my guess is that it would reveal critical information about the reliabiliry and accuracy of that missile that the Russians don't wantto now and that they certainly don't want NATO analysts to know. Any noted weaknesses observed in the performance of the TOPOLs would further erode credibility of Russia's nuclear deterrent. They have more to lose than to gain by launching conventional warheads on TOPOLs
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

That's not very reassuring.
If he's going to launch nukes then he just pushes the button. He isn't going to move them out in the open for everyone to see and track and then launch them from the known location. This is a bluff and someone needs to put a bullet in his head.
Rossticus
I agree it would be stupid but, by the same token, I can't settle on the sound rationale for shuffling nukes around like that. Time will tell.
GAC06
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm going to guess Russian construction quality and maintenance and damage control training was less than optimal, and once hit, lots of things went poorly onboard.

Slava class cruisers are ridiculously over armed. 16 10,000lb long range anti ship cruise missiles in tubes on the deck, each is jet powered so plenty of gas. 60 S-300 style anti aircraft missiles. Plus short range missiles, a dual 130mm gun and six 30mm CIWS style guns, torpedoes, and anti submarine rockets and a helicopter hangar.

Lots of stuff that "doesn't react well to bullets" to quote Captain Ramius. Once kicked off it probably went up like a fireworks factory.
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

aggiehawg said:

That's not very reassuring.
If he's going to launch nukes then he just pushes the button. He isn't going to move them out in the open for everyone to see and track and then launch them from the known location. This is a bluff and someone needs to put a bullet in his head.
Good point.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Rossticus said:

Cope, cope, cope your boat…

I mean, technically, a Neptune strike would be an ammo detonation would it not?

Also, I couldn't help but wonder if the Moskva sank despite Russia's best recovery efforts, or if Russia just decided to let the Moskva sink because in the daylight it showed obvious signs of being struck by anti-ship missiles and they would rather let it sink than admit that Ukraine struck them so decisively...
FriscoKid
AG

Rossticus
Full thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514701344266928131.html

Rossticus

Sharpshooter
AG
Rossticus said:

If true, isn't this Russia admitting the ship was sunk by UKR and not some random fire on board?
Rossticus
Even Russian people know the truth about this one. Russia is out to get even the rest of the way, IMO.
Charpie
AG
Yup
Rossticus
Yup, yup, yup.

Full thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514685709487165440.html

FriscoKid
AG
The other option is just to roll over and die. Ukraine has no intention of doing that. Putin is pissed though for sure.
Rossticus
FriscoKid said:

The other option is just to roll over and die. Ukraine has no intention of doing that. Putin is pissed though for sure.

Russia is getting a full dose, for sure. All they can handle and more than they want. Really puts lead in your pencil.
Rossticus
Ulrich
A really smart idea would be for Russia to invade Finland… which combines a harsh climate, forests and swamps, and a national culture of deep pride in its guerrilla snipers.
Rossticus
Ulrich said:

A really smart idea would be for Russia to invade Finland… which combines a harsh climate, forests and swamps, and a national culture of deep pride in its guerrilla snipers.

(Euro-Dance music intensifies)
GeorgiAg
AG
Ulrich said:

PA24
AG
Russia raining hundreds if not a couple of thousands of first strike tactical weapons on NATO bases is something we are hopefully prepared to defend.

PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

New imagery.

GAC06
AG
PA24 said:

Russia raining hundreds if not a couple of thousands of first strike tactical weapons on NATO bases is something we are hopefully prepared to defend.

The defense for that is responding with thousands of weapons
Charpie
AG
Some of the things y'all are posting are making me LOL.

Viva Ukraine
Rossticus
deddog
AG
Ulrich said:

No way, the Russians always learn from their past military misadventures.

Oh.
Wait.
FamousAgg
I don't know maybe the Ukrainians should stop, wouldn't want to start a war would they?
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

Yup, yup, yup.

Full thread:

Well theyre maritime expenses just went down.

Does russia have SGLi like we do? Or is there payroll decreasing everyday as well.
FamousAgg
BattleGrackle said:

Captain Positivity said:

They usually stop exploding at the bottom of the sea…

Proud to say "I told you so"
Rossticus
Sort of. Family of decedent gets sack of potatoes, sack of onions, bottle of vodka.
PA24
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Rossticus said:

Yup, yup, yup.

Full thread:

Well theyre maritime expenses just went down.

Does russia have SGLi like we do? Or is there payroll decreasing everyday as well.
Russia is making a fortune in oil and gas sales to NATO countries, it is a vicious circle.

China starts crap and we are in heading to a nuclear solution. Good news, I along with my boomer family were trained in elementary school to go to the hall and cover your head in case of radiation fall out. I can train others!
FamousAgg
These Ukrainians have a great sense of humor!
First Page Last Page
Page 488 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.