***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,596,286 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Ag with kids
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Yep. Looks like a dry deck shelter to me.
Pardon my ignorance here but can you expound on this?

TIA.

Just the plain name for a SEAL pod. It's a pod that can be attached to a submarine to allow for simple exit/entrance of personnel while the sub remains submerged.
aggiehawg
AG

So Ukrainians are shelling the airport?
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

TIA.

Just the plain name for a SEAL pod. It's a pod that can be attached to a submarine to allow for simple exit/entrance of personnel while the sub remains submerged.
And can be detached and travel on its own for covert missions, then return?
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

This strike was battlefield preparation for the pending Ukrainian push out of Kherson.

Ukrainian TB2 can now roam to the Black Sea Coast into Crimea like they did when they nailed the 60-car Russian Fuel train.

Crimea's Western sea-air flank is now wide open.

That sounds big.

Somebody said it was the same 'go f yourself' warship that fired the missiles at Snake Island?

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

TIA.

And can be detached and travel on its own for covert missions, then return?
That's the SDV (Seal delivery vehicle) which is one of the items a dry dock shelter can house.

here is an SDV being loaded into a dry dock shelter
JB!98
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

TIA.
It lets SEALs do SEAL stuff (that they will later write books about). Think lockout chamber where the SEALs can launch without being detected.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Not a Bot
AG
Ukraine forces haven't taken back over the airport yet, so seems likely unless the Russians are attacking themselves.
aggiehawg
AG
JB!98 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

TIA.
It lets SEALs do SEAL stuff (that they will later write books about). Think lockout chamber where the SEALs can launch without being detected.
Target? Sevastopol port sabotage? Kerch Strait bridge sabotage? How far can they go and then safely return?

Thanks for everything folks.
Robk
aggiehawg said:

Yes the same one they have hit several times and russia keeps using.
BusterAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Definitely sending Vlad a public message now.

Why announce this publicly?
We've been doing this since the beginning. There are no other reasons to have AWACS just hanging out over Poland, and we have published some satellite imagery that was helpful.

At this point, the other side knows you are doing it, you are just sticking a finger in Putin's eye telling him we pointed Ukraine to the position of their pretty little boat.

I'm not sure that is a good idea either, honestly.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
BusterAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

JB!98 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

TIA.
Target? Sevastopol port sabotage? Kerch Strait bridge sabotage? How far can they go and then safely return?

How about WE BLOW UP THE F'ING NG PIPELINES TO GERMANY!!!

I don't get why we haven't done it yet. Let's just do it, and deny we did it.

I don't think we would be brave enough to hit Russian assets, but blowing up Ukraine's stuff is different.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
Build It
AG
Because Ukraine needs Europe. That would not go over well. They know it.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

JB!98 said:

Show of force Io prevent Russia crossing the line. The message; we have cruise missiles in your backyard.
Jetpilot86
AG
Dealt with a bully directly when I was 8. Didn't see him again for 7 years when he was now a few inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than me. I'm very average. Took one look at me from 20 feet and went a different direction.

Ukraine is reminding us how to deal with a bully. Wouldn't mind seeing Ukraine hit supply depots and rails 40-50km inside Russia just to let them know they can have a bloody nose too.

Sucks to be a sailor on Moskva right now but the best thing for a bully like Putin is to be served some humility.
shiftyandquick
Given our level of intelligence that we released before the war started, if I'm Putin, I'm not sure that US doesn't know where I am every single minute of the day.

I wouldn't feel safe at all. That intelligence can be given to the people who need it to make something happen.
Build It
AG
No
txags92
AG
Robk said:

aggiehawg said:

The Russians keep trying to stage helicopters out of that airport, and the Ukrainians keep blowing them up with artillery and drone strikes.
shiftyandquick
When does the mafia boss go down? When he is weak, and a losing, and his underlings know he is taking them down the road of destruction. Some of these greedy *******s are not going to want to go down with this loser. We punch him in the nose, then their own guys will put a bullet in his head (eventually). Having said that, the next guy doesn't put a bullet in his head out of the goodness of his heart. He does it to be the next boss. We just have to make sure he's the boss of a smoking dirt pile.
bonfarr
AG
shiftyandquick said:

When does the mafia boss go down? When he is weak, and a losing, and his underlings know he is taking them down the road of destruction. Some of these greedy *******s are not going to want to go down with this loser. We punch him in the nose, then their own guys will put a bullet in his head (eventually). Having said that, the next guy doesn't put a bullet in his head out of the goodness of his heart. He does it to be the next boss. We just have to make sure he's the boss of a smoking dirt pile.

I am hoping some of the 100 FSB agents Putin fired are currently planning a coup. If they were smart they would pick a successor and put a bullet in the back of Putin's head before he ships them all to Lefortovo with their old boss.
MeatDr
AG

benchmark
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

Dealt with a bully directly when I was 8. Didn't see him again for 7 years when he was now a few inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than me. I'm very average. Took one look at me from 20 feet and went a different direction.
Interesting how our schoolyard scraps turn into lifetime lessons. With a bully, the best defense is offense.
Robk
txags92 said:

Robk said:

aggiehawg said:

The Russians keep trying to stage helicopters out of that airport, and the Ukrainians keep blowing them up with artillery and drone strikes.

Yeah, Russians stage helicopters, Ukraine blows em up, rinse repeat. Looks like this time they were using as a bigger stageing area and in return a much larger Ukrainian strike. If this and the Moscow are confirmed it was a very good for the Ukrainians.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Russian MoD confirming fire onboard the Moskva and evacuation of the crew.
Rossticus
benchmark said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Interesting how our schoolyard scraps turn into lifetime lessons. With a bully, the best defense is offense.

Have literally never dealt with a bully situation that resolved itself before they believed that you were fully willing to kick their ass (physically, legally, financially, whatever).
Waffledynamics
AG
Got a link?
MeatDr
AG
Official Russian media account.
Translation: Ammunition detonated on the Moskva missile cruiser as a result of a fire
RebelE Infantry
AG
MeatDr
AG
From the link in the above tweet:

"As a result of a fire, ammunition detonated on the Moskva missile cruiser. The ship was seriously damaged," the message says.
The crew was completely evacuated. The cause of the fire is under investigation, the military department added.
docb
AG
Looks like we're getting the Ukes some better weapons. In my mind when your country is invaded then every weapon you give them is a defensive weapon.
FamousAgg
As posted before, Russians are acknowledging the "fire" on the Moskva

Blackbeard94
AG
MeatDr said:

Translation: Ammunition detonated on the Moskva missile cruiser as a result of a fire

Ya hate to see it.

This is one of those carrier killers, so I am very glad this piece is off the board.
FamousAgg
The new Russian narrative

Rossticus
BattleGrackle said:

The new Russian narrative

You don't want to do this Russia. We've bent over backwards to do as little as possible up to now. We've been squishy as silly putty. If you really think that this is the solution to your problem then BOY do I have news for you. I'm tired of hearing about "the bear". Do not ****ing wake the giant you twisted little piece of *****

Color between the lines, stay in your lane. You started this and to think that you have the right to go around annexing other countries with full impunity is the height of hubristic jackassery.

Russia is the tu of countries. I'm fully convinced. A has been who only ever was because of abominably filthy behavior who expects to be able to write their own rules as they go and force everyone else to play by them. Well, guess what mother****ers!?!?
JFABNRGR
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

MeatDr said:

Ya hate to see it.

This is one of those carrier killers, so I am very glad this piece is off the board.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:37.6/centery:45.7/zoom:5
bonfarr
AG
Is there confirmation of a sinking or is the ship just heavily damaged and out of action?

It would be cool if this was the result of a hacking attack that caused the engines or electrical systems to catch fire similar to the hacking attack on the Iranian centrifuge.
First Page Last Page
Page 479 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.