***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,595,855 Views | 47840 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by pagerman @ work
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?

In brighter news: Here's a pizzeria owner who brings pizza to Kharkiv, a city the Russian invaders shell daily. "People just call from abroad and order 20 pizzas for your firefighters. I bring them; they say we didn't order it! Well, it's a surprise!"

English translation from longer footage:
Quote:

Initially, this was conceived not as a business idea, but rather a sign, a symbol that the city is alive, that the city is not broken, to show there is an opportunity to remember old, prewar life, to get a piece of simple, delicious pleasure. Truly, people usually react in such a way: "Pizza? Seriously? During war? Wow, we thought this was a joke!"

Vitaliy, Hello! Good day! We're from Ukraine! We are too!

What emotions can we have? Very positive. It's difficult to describe the whole spectrum. But this pizza will also go to my daughter, so it will be a transit, not just here ... See you later!

We deliver generally to all districts. To be honest, we did not deliver to the most dangerous districts because no one ordered from there. Perhaps, the people in North Sautovka have more important issues than eating pizza. In addition, not many people are left there.

Unfortunately, generally it's not clear which districts of Kharkiv are dangerous since there were cases where the boys were delivering under shelling, one courier even had his car slightly damaged by an explosion. But generally, we are trying to deliver to all districts, especially if security forces are ordering, then we are always trying to deliver.

At the moment, understandably the majority of suppliers are not operating, those who are have a limited range, therefore every day we have to think of something, get all hat the suppliers have, and what they don't have we buy from supermarkets.

On the first day of the work, the ingredients were given to me by friends from Poltava, as it was impossible to buy here all that we needed. We use good, expensive ingredients, so it's difficult to find exactly what's necessary.

The ingredients that are impossible to find anywhere, some "elite" stuff, some sausages, we replace with substitutes so it doesn't affect the taste and people would get what they are used to. A lot of orders go to certain groups, such as Security Forces, National Guard, to Military, Police. People just call, saying "I want to buy 10 pizzas for firefighters, find firefighters who needs this and deliver to them." We make pizza, find them and deliver.

Often, people order as a surprise, and do not warn those who are supposed to receive pizza. Sometimes there are problems with that, as you deliver pizza, they'll say they didn't order, you start figuring out whether they ordered or not, who has paid. This all happens in Kharkiv where something explodes occasionally, sometimes in quite dangerous areas. Things like that happen. We once delivered to a bomb shelter, to metro.

Everyone who receives it, for them it's not so much about pizza, or an opportunity to eat tasty food, but rather about attention being paid to them, that their efforts are appreciated, that people remember them, even those outside of Kharkiv. It's great to have an opportunity to be involved with this.

Rossticus
Going to be a lot of orphanages full of kids that, through no fault of their own, nobody wants after all this is over with. A lot of kids who'll eventually have to struggle with the reality of where they came from. Pretty messed up all around. Russians are ruining two lives, not just one.

Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

Best I've been able to tell is simply poor discipline. Everyone effing off and posing for a photo op. A couple of guys up the road each way to simply ensure security and this doesn't happen.

Fog of war will always occur unfortunately. Its evident to me that the Ukes thought they were in a cleared area. But with extremely fluid "front lines" and lack of constant communication, along with poor discipline as you mentioned it is easy to see this happening. As bizarre as it may seem to most. I've also had the unfortunate honor to be part of a blue on blue incident myself so these levels of mistakes I can more easily see than most. Add in "complacency kills" on top....

It's awful but it happens.
Eliminatus
AG
JFABNRGR said:

MeatDr said:

This would be one of the most effective weapons against russia in Ukraine and IMO should have already been operational from day one and I DGAF who is operating them from where. 4 drops to 1 per sortie, on heavy armor compared to TB2. Would bring immediate relief in Mariupol, even just one ISR and 2 attack types rotating on station.

Would be great to see Mariupol relieved. I know there is a lot of moving pieces going on, shaping up a large battle or series of battles elsewhere soon but I still hope to see a concerted effort to push towards this city. Strategically it is a write off at this point I am sure but as a moral victory it could be absolutely HUGE if those forces still fighting can be relieved before they completely collapse . A la Doolittle Raid level IMO. Again, I now the Ukes know best with what they have and their capabilities at this moment of course and I am an armchair general at best, but it tears at me to see those pockets slowly being crushed in that city. Last stands sound sexy but they are awful affairs in truth.
74OA
AG
SITREP
74OA
AG
Great job, Vlad! FINLAND/SWEDEN
74OA
AG
Look at the imbedded map. If the Ukrainians can slide by Kherson and threaten the LOCs from Crimea they might compel Russia to redeploy forces from around Mariupol to protect its supply lines. SOUTH
Who?mikejones!
RONA Ag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

This is huge news
Hugh Jass
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

And isn't Finland expected to be a package deal with the Swedes?
HTownAg98
Hugh Jass said:

Agthatbuilds said:

And isn't Finland expected to be a package deal with the Swedes?

Sort of. Sweden is being admitted first, then Finland. Evidently they can process one application at a time.
Edit: apparently, Finland hasn't formally decided.
PJYoung
AG
FriscoKid
AG
Player To Be Named Later
AG
FriscoKid said:

richardag
FriscoKid said:

I would think satellite images will be taken.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
richardag said:

FriscoKid said:

This.

Thermal imagery.
Burrus86
AG
FriscoKid said:

It would be tempting to target the mobile crematoriums to slow down Russia's efforts to hide the evidence.
74OA
AG
More on Sweden and Finland joining NATO.
AgLA06
AG
richardag said:

FriscoKid said:

It would have to be satellites. It appears based on a map shown in the last day or 2 it's outside of the range of our planes.
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus
EDiT: emote fail

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
PJYoung said:

Shift Fire 200M right. left
Enemy troops in the open.
Fire for Effect!
Rossticus
AgLA06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

PJYoung said:

Shift Fire 200M right.
Enemy troops in the open.
Fire for Effect!

I believe left. And don't forget the airburst.
74OA
AG
Nonstop US aid flowing to Ukraine. AIRLIFT
Teddy Perkins
AG
Solid in-depth look into the NLAW anti-tank weapons, including capabilities and development history.

Robk

Looks like the helicopters are a go.
zooguy96
AG
Could these be some that are already almost there? (i.e. the pictures of military equipment on the Polish trains?
AgLA06
AG
Robk said:

Looks like the helicopters are a go.

Isn't this the trains shipments we saw videos of already in neighboring countries heading to Ukraine?
aezmvp

That is quite interesting. They make Reaper and Predator drones.
P.U.T.U
AG
I would have to think the hardware is already in Europe, or the majority of it. Sounded like we are back filling other countries sending weapon systems and machinery that the Ukes are familiar with like the MI-17. There are armed versions that will be helpful on the coast.

The Ukes need to start taking out subs and ships or there will be a lot more casaulties when they try to take back Mariupol
BusterAg
AG
You can tell they all hit the deck at 1:03 mark.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
First Page Last Page
Page 476 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.