***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,599,487 Views | 47846 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sclaff
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
Not good. Brace yourself for the possibility of even more horrific images of civilian atrocities in the coming days. "Evil Ukrainians slaughtering their own people en masse just to frame poor Russia".

Rossticus
agsalaska
AG
Found this interesting. Don't ever, ever give up your firepower.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
Russia should be cut off from the rest of the world. Permanently.
Rossticus
1st PBS Newshour piece includes footage I haven't seen elsewhere. 2nd is Bucha. I'm including in case anyone hasn't had a chance. Don't think the brief Biden statement was necessary but I guess it makes sense to include it.

BBC (I've seen but just in case some haven't)

Rossticus
Full Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511572011163738113.html

Rossticus
Something to be very mindful of, as stated in the above thread:

"Without substantial and expanded military assistance, Ukraine will not be able to defeat Russia."
Rossticus
Rossticus
Full thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511593065860976643.html

Rossticus

Rossticus
One or two folks on this board have actually posted very similar lines of thinking. Really makes you wonder.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Statement from Milley yesterday re: Russian deterrence gives a bit of insight into US intel and approach. Excerpted from a larger article.

' Several Republicans asked Milley and Austin whether the US failed in its efforts to deter Russian President Vladimir Putin from attacking Ukraine. Milley responded that he did not think Putin could have been deterred unless US forces had deployed from Ukraine a scenario he would have advised against had it been proposed.

"Candidly, short of the commitment of US military forces into Ukraine proper, I'm not sure he was deterrable. This has been a long-term objective of his that goes back years," Milley said. "I think the idea of deterring Putin from invading Ukraine, deterring him by the United States, would have required the commitment of US military forces, and I think that would have risked armed conflict with Russia, which I certainly wouldn't have advised." '
Rossticus
Rossticus
Slightly different analysis/interpretation:

Rossticus
Another assessment. Very good but very long. Full Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511528337998442503.html

EXCELLENT point begins here, later in the thread:

74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Full Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511572011163738113.html

Open this and scroll through the detail maps. The Ukrainians either have a major developing problem in their far east or have something dramatic up their sleeves. I'm hoping for the latter.
Rossticus
We're about to find out a lot about a lot of things.
Rossticus

https://t.me/mariupolrada/9143

Translation from Telegram:

"The killers are covering their tracks. Russian mobile crematoria have started operating in Mariupol. After the widespread international genocide in Bucha, Russia's top leadership ordered the destruction of any evidence of crimes committed by its army in Mariupol. One week ago, cautious estimates put the death toll at 5,000. But given the size of the city, catastrophic destruction, the duration of the blockade and fierce resistance, tens of thousands of civilians from Mariupol could fall victim to the occupiers.

That is why Russia is in no hurry to give the green light to the Turkish mission and other initiatives to save and fully evacuate Mariupol. In addition, all potential witnesses to the atrocities of the occupiers are trying to identify through filtration camps and to destroy.

The Russians left all the dirty work to the collaborators. Eyewitnesses report that the racists recruited local and DNR terrorists to special brigades. They collect and burn the bodies of Mariupol residents murdered and killed as a result of the Russian invasion.

The work of these groups is directly coordinated by the self-proclaimed mayor-collaborator Kostiantyn Ivashchenko. For many years he and his associates repeatedly tried to seize power, but eventually he managed to become except that the director of the Mariupol crematorium.

The scale of the tragedy in Mariupol the world has not seen since the existence of Nazi concentration camps. The racists turned our whole city into a death camp. Unfortunately, the eerie analogy is gaining more and more confirmation. This is no longer Chechnya or Aleppo. This is the new Auschwitz and Maidanek. The world should help punish Putin's villains, "said Mariupol Mayor Vadym Boychenko."
Rossticus

G Martin 87
AG
Rossticus said:

Statement from Milley yesterday re: Russian deterrence gives a bit of insight into US intel and approach. Excerpted from a larger article.

' Several Republicans asked Milley and Austin whether the US failed in its efforts to deter Russian President Vladimir Putin from attacking Ukraine. Milley responded that he did not think Putin could have been deterred unless US forces had deployed from Ukraine a scenario he would have advised against had it been proposed.

"Candidly, short of the commitment of US military forces into Ukraine proper, I'm not sure he was deterrable. This has been a long-term objective of his that goes back years," Milley said. "I think the idea of deterring Putin from invading Ukraine, deterring him by the United States, would have required the commitment of US military forces, and I think that would have risked armed conflict with Russia, which I certainly wouldn't have advised." '
I think Milley is right on this point, unfortunately. Putin had a front-row seat to the collapse of East Germany and the USSR, as well as the political corruption of the years after. The whole world, not just the West, stopped fearing Russia. He's been motivated to change that from the day Yeltsin appointed him prime minister.
MeatDr
AG
Not that it's anything other than symbolic.
MeatDr
AG
G Martin 87
AG
Rossticus said:

The USSR and Russia have a long, sad, terrible history of not treating the dangers of radiation with enough care and respect. The chances of Putin using a nuke somewhere in response to "provocations" by the West cannot be dismissed.
MeatDr
AG
benchmark
AG
Rossticus said:

'Several Republicans asked Milley and Austin whether the US failed in its efforts to deter Russian President Vladimir Putin from attacking Ukraine. Milley responded that he did not think Putin could have been deterred unless US forces had deployed from Ukraine a scenario he would have advised against had it been proposed.

The better question for Milley ... why didn't the US supply Ukrainians will more training and defensive weaponry before the invasion and why aren't we suppling Ukraine with more tactical stand-off precision weapons (i.e Switchblade 600's, SSM's, etc.) now?
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

Not good. Brace yourself for the possibility of even more horrific images of civilian atrocities in the coming days. "Evil Ukrainians slaughtering their own people en masse just to frame poor Russia".

I thought the Ukes held Mykolaiv and had pushed them off back to the south. Or is she talking about the general area?
Blackbeard94
AG
Rossticus said:

Navalny statement on Bucha.

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511368989435469834.html

Wow, I have immense respect for this leader.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

Russia with even more forced deportations. Ethnic cleansing. Bull*****

and now one of the few assets they can trade for the lifting of sanctions....
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr said:

Taking the start of this list from BattleGrackle, I'm starting a diplomat AND EMBASSY STAFF expulsion cumulative post. I welcome corrections.

Total diplomats expelled to date as of this post: 425

Belgium - 21 (Mar 29), 19 (Apr 5)
Bulgaria - 10 (Mar 18)
Czech Republic - 1 (Mar 29)
Denmark - 15 (Apr 5)
Estonia - 3 (Mar 18), 14 (Apr 5)
France - 35 (Apr 4)
Germany - 40 (Apr 4)
Greece - 12 (Apr 6)
Italy - 30 (Apr 5)
Ireland - 4 (Mar 29)
Latvia - 3* (Mar 18), 13 (Apr 5)
Lithuania - 4* (Mar 18), ambassador also expelled (Apr 4)
Montenegro - 1 (Apr 4)
Netherlands - 17 (Mar 29)
North Macedonia - 5 (Mar 28)
Norway - 3 (Apr 6)
Poland - 45 (Mar 23)
Portugal - 10 (Apr 5)
Romania - 10 (Apr 5)
Slovakia - 3 (Mar 14), 35 (Mar 31)
Slovenia - 33 (Apr 5)
Spain - 25 (Apr 5)
Sweden - 3 (Apr 5)
USA - 12 (Feb 28)

* In March a joint statement from Baltic states was released that 10 diplomats were being expelled, 7 between Lithuania and Latvia

Feel free to add/edit

Edit: It's too difficult to count just diplomats the way these are being reported, so I'll just include everything now.
Added 12 for Greece, 3 for Norway
First Page Last Page
Page 446 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.