***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,603,143 Views | 47847 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by 74OA
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They also weren't expecting to retreat to Belarus when they murdered these people as they drive towards Kiev
ABATTBQ11
AG
This. The whole damn country should be sanctioned until it's a dry husk so it can start over from scratch instead of perpetuating the same inhumane, domineering bull**** it has since the Czars. Everywhere Russians go, rape, torture, and murder follow. Either they liberate the worst in people or they're just a bunch of murdering thugs. Common sense and history say it's the latter.

It blows my mind that anyone would question whether the architects of the Soviet Union and all of its horrors, along with the last 2 decades of invading their neighbors, would murder just a few more civilians in the streets just for fun. If you think the Russian army is just a bunch of poor bastages just doing what they're told and trying not to die, you might be amongst the stupidest people on earth.
fullback44
AG
Some very disturbing pics in those links above .. Russians are killing civilians at will, they need to be paid back .. arm the Ukrainians to the teeth with powerful weapons
Rossticus

Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
Can y'all move this **** to the other thread, please?
BusterAg
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

BusterAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Eliminatus said:

Rossticus said:

Is interesting how Russia manages to get so much video of Ukrainians in the act of purportedly committing atrocities in Ukraine. It also seems that each time a video is released by Russian sources, it's deconstructed, leading to a successively released video that addresses those weaknesses.

I wouldn't bother with that account. You already know it's Russian based propaganda.

Except that in this case, the video is very real.
How do you know?

Did you film it? Do you know the person that filmed it? Why such a strong stance on something that you absolutely cannot corroborate.

It might be real. It might be a really good fake.

You damage your credibility when you make claims with no support.

Go watch those videos (there's a second showing an actual execution) and then come back here and say that with a straight face.
Ok, let me try it again. This time with a straight face emoji.

How do you know?

Did you film it? Do you know the person that filmed it? Why such a strong stance on something that you absolutely cannot corroborate.

It might be real. It might be a really good fake.

You damage your credibility when you make claims with no support.
BusterAg
AG
thirdcoast said:

Are the bodies fake too?
GarryowenAg
AG
MeatDr
AG
Hopefully no paywall. I didn't get one anyway.
Rossticus
Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511164893784952837.html

moldaggie
ABATTBQ11 said:

This. The whole damn country should be sanctioned until it's a dry husk so it can start over from scratch instead of perpetuating the same inhumane, domineering bull**** it has since the Czars. Everywhere Russians go, rape, torture, and murder follow. Either they liberate the worst in people or they're just a bunch of murdering thugs. Common sense and history say it's the latter.

It blows my mind that anyone would question whether the architects of the Soviet Union and all of its horrors, along with the last 2 decades of invading their neighbors, would murder just a few more civilians in the streets just for fun. If you think the Russian army is just a bunch of poor bastages just doing what they're told and trying not to die, you might be amongst the stupidest people on earth.
Rossticus
Here's the playbook the conspiracy wackos are working from with regard to Bucha. Russia Today and Scott Ritter pumping that the Ukrainian Secret police along with the US and UK have been killing these people, and blaming it on poor Russia.

It's bonkers, has no facts, and violates even the simplest forensic evidence (like the decomposition state of the bodies) but it apparently has buyers. "Truth".

Tactics and strategy related because it's part of Russia's disinfo strategy toward easy marks.

https://www.rt.com/russia/553293-bucha-war-crimes-truth/
Rossticus
EDIT
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG

Eliminatus
AG

Looks like they took some notes from the Battlefield series of games...

Looks like a Ka-52 scout helo. Not an insignificant vehicle loss. Russia has sub 100 units of these before the war even started.
EMY92
AG
MeatDr said:

Baghdad Bob is embarrassed for this guy.
Whirligigs
Will the Russians just eventually brutalize the eastern part of the country into submission?
Blackbeard94
AG
Rossticus said:

Here's the playbook the conspiracy wackos are working from with regard to Bucha. Russia Today and Scott Ritter pumping that the Ukrainian Secret police along with the US and UK have been killing these people, and blaming it on poor Russia.

It's bonkers, has no facts, and violates even the simplest forensic evidence (like the decomposition state of the bodies) but it apparently has buyers. "Truth".

Tactics and strategy related because it's part of Russia's disinfo strategy toward easy marks.

I was reflecting yesterday on the fact that I cannot think of a true statement that Russia has made in this war. If they were telling the truth back in January, there would not be a war. Never their intention to invade. On an on, they are not bombing cities, there are Nazis in Ukraine, etc. Truth is not valued in an of itself and mendacity is their modus operandi.

As for conspiracy theories and lies taking root, the ground is fertile. We have people who don't believe that we landed on the moon. The world trade center could not have possibly collapsed from a massive fire, there had to be demolition charges. You could easily go on… sadly
Bird Poo
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

Rossticus said:

I was reflecting yesterday on the fact that I cannot think of a true statement that Russia has made in this war. If they were telling the truth back in January, there would not be a war. Never their intention to invade. On an on, they are not bombing cities, there are Nazis in Ukraine, etc. Truth is not valued in an of itself and mendacity is their modus operandi.

As for conspiracy theories and lies taking root, the ground is fertile. We have people who don't believe that we landed on the moon. The world trade center could not have possibly collapsed from a massive fire, there had to be demolition charges. You could easily go on… sadly

It is sad that when your govt lies to you for so long, those constrict theories become mainstream.
rally-cap
AG

MeatDr
AG
The expulsions keep coming.
BlueTaze
aggiehawg said:

thirdcoast said:

Do you think a Russian soldier put that cotton binding on that man and shot him wear his body lay?

Maybe. Maybe the Russians wanted to taunt the West by putting all the bound bodies in the street. But maybe not....it would actually make more sense not to give the media such great fuel.
Putin believed he had the internet shut down. And yes, they did that.

But then Elon Musk changed the internet situation and the truth gets out.

It amazes me that so many think that Putin ordered bodies be tied and executed in the street because he thought the interent was shut down. I don't think that's a tactically sound claim.

I agree Russia generally doesn't care about world opinion, but in war time when their economy is being crippled with Bucha type reactions, it's reasonable to think Putin did not directly order bound executions in the street.

That's doesn't mean people who question Putins bucha culpability are pro-Russia or think the bodies aren't real. It means they question the technical strategy being attributed to Putin.
FamousAgg
So far Russian "diplomats" have been expelled(not necessarily all diplomats) from:

Italy
Spain
Germany
Denmark
France
Montenegro
Slovakia
Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia
Bulgaria
Poland
Belgium
Netherlands
Czech Republic
Ireland
G Martin 87
AG
Worth watching to see what happens to these expelled diplomats when they get back to Russia. Ambassador appointments were used in some cases as "exile retirements" for political opponents of the Yeltsin/Primakov/Putin governments. Got to think that some of them will not be welcomed back with open arms.
MeatDr
AG
BattleGrackle said:

So far Russian "diplomats" have been expelled(not necessarily all diplomats) from:

Italy
Spain
Germany
Denmark
France
Montenegro
Slovakia
Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia
Bulgaria
Poland
Belgium
Netherlands
Czech Republic
Ireland

US - we expelled 12 at the beginning of this
WesMaroon&White
AG
There was a leak of intel, about 640 Russian assets were in the EU. Slowly these assets are being expelled, if in the diplomatic core. Those that are in industry are being let go and we are not hearing much on those. This war is costly for Russia.
chickencoupe16
AG
BlueTaze said:

aggiehawg said:

thirdcoast said:

Do you think a Russian soldier put that cotton binding on that man and shot him wear his body lay?

Maybe. Maybe the Russians wanted to taunt the West by putting all the bound bodies in the street. But maybe not....it would actually make more sense not to give the media such great fuel.

It amazes me that so many think that Putin ordered bodies be tied and executed in the street because he thought the interent was shut down. I don't think that's a tactically sound claim.

I think the number of people that believe this was due to the internet being shut down is small. And I agree that Putin didn't directly order torture, executions, and rape. Instead, this is how Russia does war and always has been (and with the exception of the last 300 years or so, how the world has always done war). It is ingrained in the culture and impossible to stop even if Putin wanted to due to the poor discipline of and the non-existent NCO corps of the Russian military. I do think, however, that Putin has zero desire to stop it and likely even supports it.
lb3
AG
BlueTaze said:

aggiehawg said:

thirdcoast said:

I agree Russia generally doesn't care about world opinion, but in war time when their economy is being crippled with Bucha type reactions, it's reasonable to think Putin did not directly order bound executions in the street.

That's doesn't mean people who question Putins bucha culpability are pro-Russia or think the bodies aren't real. It means they question the technical strategy being attributed to Putin.
Putin didn't order any individual bound and executed but he most definitely signaled his intent to treat citizens (Nazis) harshly.
chickencoupe16
AG
lb3 said:

BlueTaze said:

aggiehawg said:

thirdcoast said:

Putin didn't order any individual bound and executed but he most definitely signaled his intent to treat citizens (Nazis) harshly.

Exactly. Statements like "break the Ukrainian will to resist" would be translated to and implemented by most Russians as exactly what we are seeing.
MeatDr
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm seeing an undisciplined, culturally brutish conscript army full of the baser elements of Russian society with no real experienced disciplined NCO core conducting a heavily propaganda driven war, where the opponents have been dehumanized and demonized for months.

It's very possible that there aren't specific orders to terrorize civilians like this from the top, but only because they are not needed, and the expectation that this would naturally occur at some significant level and that is just the nature of war on the Eurasian continent was there.

Some of the occupiers ran amok committing all sorts of criminal activities, unrestrained by leadership who were inept or participating at different levels, or criminally indifferent. I'm fairly sure there were some groups that behaved more professionally, and others that were absolute monsters and criminal terrors as a group, dep we bring on unit culture, leadership, etc.

The problem is the Russians were so disorganized and chaotic that reconstructing who was where, when will probably rely a lot on prisoners and recovered dead and lost equipment to reconstruct, and now many of the guilty have been relocated.

This is of course all on top of the larger military policies of intentionally indiscriminately targeting civilian areas to general bombardment and fundamental war crimes of that nature.

What a horrific mess.
MeatDr
AG

Tweet 5 not posted for language filter reasons but the text is:
"812, where are you now, tell me honestly? Timurchik, ****ing tell us, please, in Russian. Are you staying there or not?", the pilot of one of the helicopters said.
AlaskanAg99
AG
So much of all Putin's actions were based on the theory he couldn't lose. If you don't lose, you can hide the truth.

When they retreated they didn't have time, or ability, to hide the truth.

Sometimes it's just that simple.
First Page Last Page
Page 439 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.