***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,612,050 Views | 47851 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
Burrus86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

The ukes known how to use an m1a1?

I bet the Uke farmer boys will figure it out in a day or two.
JB!98
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

No, much like the Mig question. They would provide the Ukes with T-72's and we would back fill them with M1A1's of which we have 3000 in storage. Never realized we have that many in storage. I assume they have all been replaced with M1A2's?
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
ATX_AG_08
AG
Demosthenes81
AG
People keep forgetting that Ukraine has been rotating troops through the US for training since 2016 and US trainers gave been in country since 2019.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
LMCane
Eliminatus said:

why do you claim "60 years"? it's 600 years.

even in World War I, World War II, the Red/White Russian Revolution and civil war, battles against Napoleon the Russians did not care about the lives of their soldiers. it's an autocracy, monarchy, and benevolent dictatorship.

This is nothing new when it comes to Russian tactics.
n_touch
Agthatbuilds said:

He said they would only need 2-3 weeks for a F-16, so I'm guessing a few hours on World of Tanks and a day in the seat would be enough
Ags4DaWin
ttu_85 said:

Rossticus said:

F* China. They are as dirty as Russia

dirtier
FamousAgg
What does VDV stand for?

Very dead vlads?
Ulysses90
AG
BattleGrackle said:

What does VDV stand for?

Very dead vlads?
It's their Airborne units.
PJYoung
AG
deddog
AG
PJYoung said:

Interesting.
There's no SAM contrail at all, which is unlike most of the other MANPADS videos i've seen.
Gradaggie05
AG
In a good book on the American army in WW2 (maybe by Ambrose), I read that we benefited greatly from American boys being exposed to mechanization in large numbers before the war. A kid from Iowa's learning curve on M4 Sherman engine repair wasn't nearly as steep as Fritz from Bravaria on a panzer who had been farming with mules.

I'm certainly not saying the same situation here (an M1 is a little more complex than the Sherman) but there's definitely something to be said for the type of ingenuity and common sense that a farm boy has to develop.

Burrus86 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

JFABNRGR
AG
Gradaggie05 said:

In a good book on the American army in WW2 (maybe by Ambrose), I read that we benefited greatly from American boys being exposed to mechanization in large numbers before the war. A kid from Iowa's learning curve on M4 Sherman engine repair wasn't nearly as steep as Fritz from Bravaria on a panzer who had been farming with mules.

I'm certainly not saying the same situation here (an M1 is a little more complex than the Sherman) but there's definitely something to be said for the type of ingenuity and common sense that a farm boy has to develop.

Burrus86 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

For sure. I think one of the greatest lessons learned in this war, will be how important cross training is.
deddog
AG
SIAP, this is one lucky Russian crew.
Great pic of the NLAW, surprised the tank survived. Because it was a peripheral shot?
Is this a T-64?

There's no Kontakt ERA blocks. Not a T-90.

Rossticus

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510116839774425090.html
AlaskanAg99
AG
Shot was too close, missile didn't have time to arm.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Probably too close
Rossticus
deddog
AG
Aah, looked.
Minimum arm distance is 20m, so looks pretty close
Rossticus
Rossticus

mike0305
Gradaggie05 said:

Burrus86 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

As I sit here reading Texags late at night, I read this and begin thinking about my grandfather who served in the 40s and the Korean war. He was a farmer here in TX and was as an air mechanic.

I am able to do this in the comfort of my home at my leisure, and am able to look up details to verify this, and know that our govt. & military values the lives of men who fought for them.

He was Czech so I can confidently speak for him and say, "**** Putin".

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus

https://www.ft.com/content/5ad22092-b3a5-4e7e-a105-9a8bd4e234fe
wtmartinaggie
AG
I love this idea. Get that armor out and get us all on the same equipment for the larger conflict to come.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
VaultingChemist
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Rossticus said:

It appears that each of the 8 tanks that were hit could have contained about 500,000 gallons of fuel.
Main road at the facility is blocked.

Picture of burning tanks…..these are probably floating roof storage tanks, similar to those at the Hearne pump station facility.
MeatDr
AG

All those people screaming and running for their lives just makes me sick.
Edit: In some of the comments people are saying it's stun grenades to break up the crowd. I'm sure it's still terrifying.
nortex97
AG
Ernest Tucker
AG
MeatDr said:

All those people screaming and running for their lives just makes me sick.
Edit: In some of the comments people are saying it's stun grenades to break up the crowd. I'm sure it's still terrifying.

I believe this happened earlier this month, I know I've seen this scene before, just from a different angle.
First Page Last Page
Page 425 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.