***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,612,215 Views | 47851 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

If that was not an Ukrainian attack, then who? Belarusian saboteurs with armed helos? Mutinous Russian helo pilots?

I take it as tongue in cheek. Like when the Russians clearly blew things up earlier in the war and said "it wasn't us". Following it up with saying that "Belgorod isn't Russia" is the giveaway for me. Ukraine trolling Russia.
TRM
AG
I think they're playing games with the Russians using the Russian playbook against them.
Rossticus
Thread

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1509956658360946698.html
Rossticus
Looks like Russia's plan may be to stage missile batteries along the Belarusian border and annihilate everything within reach since they were unable to successfully take it.

Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Looks like Russia's plan may be to stage missile batteries along the Belarusian border and annihilate everything within reach since they were unable to successfully take it.

Are they keeping enough troops there to actually defend them? It seems like they wouldn't have so sharply reduced their presence in the area as much as they have if that were the case. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they're going to do.
Rossticus
Rossticus
I'm interested to know what their ultimate destination is and how much manpower is being moved along with the equipment.
Rossticus
Elaborate feint. Masterful strategy.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Right in the ass, and down she goes.

MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

BQ78 said:

Pick them up and reuse them on the Russians. Sliding them off a road into a ditch just creates a problem a few years after the war when some farmer hits them with his tractor (vehicle of war). I doubt the Russians use mines that self-delete like the US uses.
As Uke Tractor warriors are the Chuck Norris of this campaign, the mines would be too scared to detonate.

Mad props to the Doolittle Choppers. There is probably a worldwide shortage of brass as the Ukes are using it for all their balls.

Saw joke on Twitter that the helicopters ran out of fuel and had to land short of their airport because nobody accounted for the weight of the pilots brass balls.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Thread

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1509932389954473991.html
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Emote ERROR.

74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
CondensedFogAggie

Quote:

Germany went from ".... maybe a few helmets" to "**** yeah we're sending you infantry fighting vehicles".

Love it.
aggiehawg
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Quote:

Germany went from ".... maybe a few helmets" to "**** yeah we're sending you infantry fighting vehicles".

Love it.

Wait to see if they are actually delivered before you praise them...or us for that matter.
Not a Bot
AG
The vehicles don't belong to Germany. Germany sold them to Sweden a long time ago. Sweden refitted them. Apparently they were sent to a third country. Now they are being sold to Ukraine.

Germany apparently had to approve the deal due to some contract language, even though they don't actually have any possession of the vehicles.

Long story short, Germany isn't really doing much in this transaction.
GAC06
AG
Correct. East Germany sold them to Sweden who eventually transferred them to the Czechs. Now the Czechs are transferring them to Ukraine. Germany had the ability to veto the transfer and apparently won't.
mike0305
Rossticus said:

Right in the ass, and down she goes.

Man, watching those videos of the helicopters circling and finally getting close enough to blast reminds me of duck hunting. Bet the Ukes are pumped when they see those coming by.
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

It's pretty incredible. The darker parts of Twitter have a lot of videos coming out showing the same stuff. Looks like no real attempt to collect the dead.

I have been reading up on the Russo-Afghanistan war. I thought I was fairly versed on the main parts of it but as I dive deeper into it, it is rather shocking the similarities between the detail, especially in the beginning. Basically they invaded a country vastly underprepared in men and material with horribly mistaken assumptions of how the fighting would go. Even about the same troop numbers. The main difference I can tell so far is that the Ukes are being far more effective with the available aid.

Same playbook over and over and over in the last 60 years. Russia deserves this. They needed to have been brought to heel some time to go and the cold calculations of war dictate that this current conflict is the best chance at doing so. Yes, we are playing off Ukraine against Russia. I feel for the Ukrainians on a level that most don't but there is no denying that their struggle can, and should, have more effects than simply just surviving. This is also an opportunity, no two ways around it. Russia did the same thing to us in Vietnam.

The biggest question has not changed though. How far will Putin go? I kind of understand the unknown fear of Europe now when Napoleon was at his peak. One man.....one man breathes and the world shudders. Pretty crazy to think about.

Rambling post mostly, but just goes to show how inhumane a machine the Russian people can be at war. Against enemies and their own.
mike0305
I keep waiting for them to pull everything back into Donbas & Crimea, claim their sovereign territory and start making nuke threats again. If their back is against the wall and they're going to lose, they just start holding the territory hostage.
ttu_85
Rossticus said:

F* China. They are as dirty as Russia
Rossticus
At this point we've seen their playbook and Ukraine isn't going to alter course based on a nuke threat because everyone knows a nuke used in Ukraine will finally bring the big hammer down on Russia (at LEAST eastern flank forces entering IF not NATO sanctioned deployments) and ensure their complete defeat.

Russia's only chance at victory is to stay between the lines and hope they can beat Ukraine in the east via standard warfare. Chems/Bio and they're screwed. Nukes and they're screwed.
Rossticus
Keep it coming DoD. And try to get it there before the war is over will ya?

aezmvp
Somebody at AeroVironment is really trying to get to Baykatar levels of press.
ATX_AG_08
AG
ttu_85
Eliminatus said:

Rossticus said:

It's pretty incredible. The darker parts of Twitter have a lot of videos coming out showing the same stuff. Looks like no real attempt to collect the dead.

I have been reading up on the Russo-Afghanistan war. I thought I was fairly versed on the main parts of it but as I dive deeper into it, it is rather shocking the similarities between the detail, especially in the beginning. Basically they invaded a country vastly underprepared in men and material with horribly mistaken assumptions of how the fighting would go. Even about the same troop numbers. The main difference I can tell so far is that the Ukes are being far more effective with the available aid.

Same playbook over and over and over in the last 60 years. Russia deserves this. They needed to have been brought to heel some time to go and the cold calculations of war dictate that this current conflict is the best chance at doing so. Yes, we are playing off Ukraine against Russia. I feel for the Ukrainians on a level that most don't but there is no denying that their struggle can, and should, have more effects than simply just surviving. This is also an opportunity, no two ways around it. Russia did the same thing to us in Vietnam.

The biggest question has not changed though. How far will Putin go? I kind of understand the unknown fear of Europe now when Napoleon was at his peak. One man.....one man breathes and the world shudders. Pretty crazy to think about.

Rambling post mostly, but just goes to show how inhumane a machine the Russian people can be at war. Against enemies and their own.
Seriously, your rambling makes for good reading. One of the best posters on this thread. Please continue.
Who?mikejones!
The ukes known how to use an m1a1?
First Page Last Page
Page 424 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.