***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,622,560 Views | 47856 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by mallen
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttu_85 said:

MeatDr said:

I'm sorry, no rifle no pistol, relatively clear hair, in a war zone. Very cute, but call me skeptical.
Look again. She has an AK slung cross body muzzle down.

ETA: She hasn't been out there for days sleeping in the dirt. She either just joined them or they have access to shower facilities which would honestly surprise me a bit.
VaultingChemist
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
If anyone wants to support James Vasquez, toss him a few bucks on Venmo (@james-vasquez-34, last 4 digits of his phone number for verification is 3455). He recently bought steak for his battalion after eating eggs and potatoes for days.

Robk
Teddy Perkins said:

If anyone wants to support James Vasquez, toss him a few bucks on Venmo (@james-vasquez-34, last 4 digits of his phone number for verification is 3455). He recently bought steak for his battalion after eating eggs and potatoes for days.

And if I read his post right - $30 was steaks for everybody. So a little can go a long way.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Yup $30 for 30lbs of steak.
Jetpilot86
AG
That is the same town as Vasquez was hitting. He still looks fresh out of a shower and a shave too. That group also seems to be getting more than the occasional home cooked meal to.
aggiehawg
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

That is the same town as Vasquez was hitting. He still looks fresh out of a shower and a shave too. That group also seems to be getting more than the occasional home cooked meal to.
Since he is able to got to the rear and get hot cooked food and water, I'd wager there are showers available.
VitruvianAg
AG
pagerman @ work said:

Captain Positivity said:

Agree, but the "threat" Putin talked about had nothing to do with military invasion.

It was a threat to his personal rule, not from the outside but from within. The last thing Putin wanted to see was Russia surrounded by democracies providing the Russian people examples of what good governance looks like.

No, he opposed the expansion of a specifically anti-Russia military alliance to right up against the Russian border.

How would the US react if China undertook to support a revolution in Canada that resulted in the installation of a pro-China government that brought with it Chinese military & weapons systems?

And no, none of that justifies Russia's invasion of Ukraine. But there also isn't any justification for our actions in continually and purposely undertaking actions that we knew would be viewed as (and were frankly designed to be) threatening to Russia. Actions that provided little to no strategic advantage to the US. Our foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia and our insistence on aggressively pursuing a "unipolar" world has been an unmitigated disaster and massively short sighted.

Cuba says Hello!
DisAg
Jetpilot86 said:

My guess is a lot of hit and runs? Which would make sense.

BTW I ABSOLUTELY love this thread. So much information being shared and aggregated. Phenomenal job folks.
aezmvp
If Putin stays in power, anyone who doesn't think nukes will end up in Cuba and Venezuela as a result of all this is crazy.
Robk

If this is real - then ouch.
AgLA06
AG
ttu_85 said:

HTownAg98 said:

She has a rifle slung over her back. And wood.
Yep missed the rifle. Still think its staged. She is to clean, fast quick steps. If she saw recent combat she wouldn't look near that good, or that clean, or move that way. The area is blown to hell. I doubt there was a working shower in the immediate 'hood.

She's probably not fighting next to the boys. Spotter, radio operator, or even recon by taking off the coat and dropping the AK.

Either way, She's there while we are armchair QBing this.
Htownag11
AG
Robk said:

Teddy Perkins said:

And if I read his post right - $30 was steaks for everybody. So a little can go a long way.
Can anyone confirm if this guy is real?
Teddy Perkins
AG
I don't need anymore confirmation beyond all the videos he posts on his Twitter, not sure how'd you'd fake all that.
Wildmen06
AG
VitruvianAg said:

pagerman @ work said:

Captain Positivity said:

Agree, but the "threat" Putin talked about had nothing to do with military invasion.

It was a threat to his personal rule, not from the outside but from within. The last thing Putin wanted to see was Russia surrounded by democracies providing the Russian people examples of what good governance looks like.

No, he opposed the expansion of a specifically anti-Russia military alliance to right up against the Russian border.

How would the US react if China undertook to support a revolution in Canada that resulted in the installation of a pro-China government that brought with it Chinese military & weapons systems?

And no, none of that justifies Russia's invasion of Ukraine. But there also isn't any justification for our actions in continually and purposely undertaking actions that we knew would be viewed as (and were frankly designed to be) threatening to Russia. Actions that provided little to no strategic advantage to the US. Our foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia and our insistence on aggressively pursuing a "unipolar" world has been an unmitigated disaster and massively short sighted.

Cuba says Hello!
I'm sure Trudeau has a China costume to wear in his closet...
Htownag11
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

I don't need anymore confirmation beyond all the videos he posts on his Twitter, not sure how'd you'd fake all that.
I #deletedTwitter
Keegan99
AG
Believe he is. Just Venmo'd him a few bucks. If it's a scam, well... it's a really, really good one. I'll take the L if it's not legit.
fooz
Htownag11 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I #deletedTwitter
You don't need a twitter account to see the tweets.
OnlyForNow
AG
That is literal ballast in the crate closet to the camera it looks like.

When was the last time modern ships had to use rock ballast for leveling?
ttu_85
AgLA06 said:

ttu_85 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Yep missed the rifle. Still think its staged. She is to clean, fast quick steps. If she saw recent combat she wouldn't look near that good, or that clean, or move that way. The area is blown to hell. I doubt there was a working shower in the immediate 'hood.

She's probably not fighting next to the boys. Spotter, radio operator, or even recon by taking off the coat and dropping the AK.

Good point. But I know there is a good chance I'm not getting through this life without getting into a similar dirty game. That fact saddens me. War is terrible. Slavery or tyranny is worse.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Robk said:

If this is real - then ouch good.

FIFY
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

ttu_85 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Recon would make a lot of sense. Russian soldiers are probably getting really lonely about now, and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to see that pretty face.
No Spin Ag
Teddy Perkins said:

Agreed. He'd have to be on a very expensive Hollywood set to be able to show what he's showing. I went into his Twitter account and he was showing him and his group giving out food to locals in the area.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
VitruvianAg
AG
OnlyForNow said:

That is literal ballast in the crate closet to the camera it looks like.

When was the last time modern ships had to use rock ballast for leveling?

Metal castings or scrap, but point taken.
ABATTBQ11
AG
His Twitter history and posts seem to be legitimate. His entire trip there is documented, and he had tons of pics and vids you simply can't fake unless you're in some random Eastern European country with bombed out buildings and tanks. He's either got access to someone else's file storage, who's actually there, or he's legit.
No Spin Ag
Robk said:

It's truly amazing just how much damage sanctions can do, and right now they're ouching the F'k out of Putin's entire world.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
OnlyForNow
Robk
No Spin Ag said:

Robk said:

It's truly amazing just how much damage sanctions can do, and right now they're ouching the F'k out of Putin's entire world.
yeah, besides not getting stuff, the "stuff" in those couple containers is going to be EXPENSIVE
MouthBQ98
AG
Probably not common as they try to route shipping to be most efficient use of capacity and fuel, but sometimes you get stuck sending ships to places lightly loaded because the cargo or the future routing plans for the vessel require it. The ship probably travels most efficiently at some minimum design load and you need the weight distribution to be optimized to reduce strain on the hull and have the best handling characteristics.

Like those freak times you end up in a plane with like 5 total passengers but it has to make the flight because it will be needed elsewhere.

The bigger picture is if Russia can't bring in key strategic materials, it can't keep its military efforts supplied at a wartime operations capacity. What does it do then? How rash will Putin become.
MeatDr
AG
New official casualty numbers from Russia... pretty laughable.
aggiehawg
AG
Is this standard everytime POTUS is overseas?
Quote:

The US Air Force has sent it's 'Doomsday' plane to Europe as part of a fleet of jets to support President Joe Biden]'s four-day mission to bolster unity against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The E4-B Nigh****ch is designed to be a command and control centre in the event of nuclear war.

The US keeps at least one of the fleet of four on permanent standby for immediate launch in the event of a nuclear conflict.
Quote:

One of the jets - which are based on a Boeing 747 and first entered service in the 1980s - flew to RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk yesterday, having refuelled midair while crossing the Atlantic.

The aircraft are designed to survive the electromagnetic pulse caused by a nuclear detonation and maintain contact with US military units across the globe to respond to a hostile attack.

The jets, which have been upgraded since their first deployment are able to pass orders from the president to US nuclear submarines and the country's ICBM silos.

As a result, they have been described as the 'Flying Pentagon'.
Link
Teddy Perkins
AG
I've lost track, not sure if already posted.

74OA
AG
lb3 said:

ttu_85 said:

MeatDr said:

I'm sorry, no rifle no pistol, relatively clear hair, in a war zone. Very cute, but call me skeptical.
Look again. She has an AK slung cross body muzzle down.

ETA: She hasn't been out there for days sleeping in the dirt. She either just joined them or they have access to shower facilities which would honestly surprise me a bit.
......strikes me as local volunteer militia helping defend her hometown. She probably goes home when off shift.
No Spin Ag
AgLA06 said:

ttu_85 said:

HTownAg98 said:

This.
lb3
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Agreed. He'd have to be on a very expensive Hollywood set to be able to show what he's showing. I went into his Twitter account and he was showing him and his group giving out food to locals in the area.
Not saying it's fake (I threw him a few bones) but you might be surprised by what can be done with Blender (open sourced software) to add and delete people from video.
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.