***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,625,392 Views | 47858 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by B-1 83
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Canadian sniper Wali discusses briefly what is happening. There is NO discussion of what he is doing or specifically where he is, though through his descriptions you can tell at least where he has been.

Not much here really so if you don't have 3 min then don't bother watching.

Charpie
AG
aggrad02
AG
MeatDr said:

Says the country trying to "steal" Ukraine from its people.
Raiderjay
I think they are already ramping cyber attacks, large uptick in Ransomware attacks. My wife's company was hit yesterday, plus Toyota, Okta, and others in the past week.
Blackbeard94
AG
MeatDr said:

wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

I get the feeling that Ukes are a spiteful lot and I love it.

In that same vein...

Similar to Londoners during the blitz…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CbcyNfhMcb8
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Chubais, 66, is one of the few 1990s-era economic reformers who'd remained in Putin's government and had maintained close ties with Western officials. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Known as the architect of Russia's 1990s privatizations, Chubais gave Putin his first Kremlin job in the mid-1990s and initially welcomed his rise to power at the end of that decade. Under Putin, Chubais took top jobs at big state companies until the president named him envoy for sustainable development last year.
Link

He knows the economy he designed is trashed.
Ag In Ok
AG
Envoy for sustainable development? Sounds like an outer circle guy.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Envoy for sustainable development? Sounds like an outer circle guy.
You are missing the point. The guy who built the Russian economy from the ashes of the Soviet Union has abandoned ship and not just Putin's government, he has fled Russia.
Zobel
AG
not sure I'd claim privatization of the 1990s Russian economy on my resume...
aggiehawg
AG
Zobel said:

Compared to what he started with, it was a damn miracle. The ability to attract foreign investment, through privatization was key. In one month, Putin has ensured there will not be any sizeable foreign investment in Russia for possibly decades to come.
BusterAg
AG
techno-ag said:

Eliminatus said:

Captain Positivity said:

Saab and the Swedes hit it out of the park with the NLAW. I think it was co-developed by the Brits.

Cheap, portable, deadly, guided using a novel method, easy to pick up and use with minimal training.

It's incredible. It, and others like it sure to follow shortly, may be the final death knell of the large conventional mechanized militaries we are used to. I don't say that lightly as that raging debate has fascinated me for years but I try to stay as objective as possible.

Economies of scale. Take a motivated individual, teach them how to use it in under an hour, said individual is able to eliminate a multimillion dollar MBT with a highly trained crew, effortlessly and reliably. Do that over several hundred people and you can stop an army.

Anti armor has always been a huge danger but we have never seen them used in the numbers we have until this war. Every military in the world is taking notes on this fight and I will poop slap if there is not doctrinal and planning changes somewhere for someone moving forward. These weapons proven lethality is a new thing to factor. Especially since they are passive.
Kinda reminds of when longbow archers started picking off armored knights back in the day.
There was a time when crossbows were illegal in many parts of Europe because they could pierce armor.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

I think they are already ramping cyber attacks, large uptick in Ransomware attacks. My wife's company was hit yesterday, plus Toyota, Okta, and others in the past week.

Oh man. A few days back I was told on this thread that those attacks on some of my domains were probably from somewhere else (not Russia). That's crazy.

Polaris75
aggiehawg said:

Zobel said:

Compared to what he started with, it was a damn miracle. The ability to attract foreign investment, through privatization was key. In one month, Putin has ensured there will not be any sizeable foreign investment in Russia for possibly decades to come.
One more reason Putin must be killed, the sooner the better.
Ogre09
AG
Still hoping he skips ahead to the Hitler bunker suicide
VaultingChemist
AG

Further reports of Ukrainians attempting encirclement of Russian forces NW of Kyiv.
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/23/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .
The latest Western intelligence reports and military analyses indicate that Russian forces remain stalled across much of the Ukrainian battlefield four weeks after the invasion began.

A report on Wednesday from British defense intelligence suggested that the battlefield in the north of the country has stayed largely static for days. Russia is "likely conducting a period of reorganization before resuming large-scale offensive operations," the assessment said.
. . .
The governor of the Chernihiv region in northern Ukraine said the Russians had bombed and destroyed a key bridge in the area that connected the city of Chernihiv to the capital, Kyiv. The bridge has been used to evacuate civilians and bring humanitarian aid into the city, some 80 miles northeast of Kyiv, where a lack of electricity and shortages of key supplies have left civilians in crisis.

Ukrainian forces conducted several counterattacks on Tuesday against Russian forces around two southern cities, Mykolaiv and Kherson. The Russians have also kept up an assault on the southern city of Mariupol.

In the suburbs northwest of Kyiv, Ukrainian forces said they retook the towns of Moshcun and Makariv from Russian forces.

Overnight between Tuesday and Wednesday, the Ukrainian military reported that its counterattacks around Mykolaiv, a strategically located port on the Black Sea, had pushed Russian forces out of some defensive positions there.

British intelligence suggested that Russian forces are attempting to push westward toward Odessa, an economically vital port on the Black Sea. Analysts said this was part of an attempt to link up the separatist enclaves in the eastern Donbas region, which are controlled by pro-Russian forces, and Crimea in the south, which was annexed by Russia in 2014.

Russian forces are still trying to fully surround Ukrainian forces in the east of the country, as well, pushing south from the northeastern city of Kharkiv.
. . .
The mayor of Kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, said on Wednesday that Ukrainian forces had succeeded in pushing back Russian troops from part of a northwestern suburb but warned that the battle for his country could take weeks more, even months.

"Almost the whole of Irpin is in Ukrainian hands," the mayor said, naming the suburb where Ukrainian and Russian troops have been engaged in street fighting for weeks. Russian troops were close to the eastern suburb of Brovary, he added, and a "big battle" was taking place behind the northern district of Lutezh.
. . .
VaultingChemist
AG

One Russian soldier is killed every 3 minutes during Ukrainian invasion.
erudite
The British appear to be preparing to send legal threats to people posting videos critisizing the NLAW's effectiveness.

House resolution authorizing letters of marque (Piracy) formally introduced:
VaultingChemist
AG
erudite
Reddit gets another Ukranian group killed for upvotes:

YouBet
AG
SIAP but that reporter that was killed last week(?) was an SMU grad.
aggiehawg
AG
Nothing to see here, nosirree.

P.U.T.U
AG
Thinking we will start seeing more countries request the Patriot missile system since they can shoot down the Iskander. The S400 can too but unless a country already has them I do not see them buying a Russian based system now, think Iran has their own clone now though
aginresearch
AG
Use of nuclear weapons of any type would fundamentally change the complexion of this war. NATO's ability to keep it at arms length would be in considerable doubt. This is very dangerous speculation out of Russia which may require a very clear warning about the consequences of using such weapons.

However, Putin is completely responsible for bringing about an existential crisis for Russia.
Ogre09
AG
Use of nukes would lead to wide scale nuclear war, no?
MeatDr
AG

Good.
aggiehawg
AG
MeatDr said:

Just want to point out that the tweeter here is a founder and Chief of CrowdStrike.
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg said:

Nothing to see here, nosirree.

"FAFO" should be the response. Call their bluff.
ABATTBQ11
AG
MeatDr said:

Good.

Well if that can't pay the bills, cut them off.
Dirt 05
AG
The west needs to make very clear that sanctions will be lifted upon removal of Russian forces from Ukraine.

The West should have also made sure that media outlets continued to operate in Russia, as it is Russians only receive state media now. Turning Facebook / Twitter back on allows West to push message that Russian government is sending your sons to die and creating economic hardships because of unjust war. Other than Putin starting the war I see this as next biggest strategic blunder.

If able - Ukrainians should raid Kursk airport (50 migs on ground in google maps) and crater runway at Belgorod. Presume they don't have the ability because it hasn't happened yet. They need to create significant dent in Russian Air Supremacy especially at a critical time while counter attacking around Kiev.

It is dangerous time RE deployment of chem/bio/tactical nuclear weapons especially if any significant formations are massed for counter attacks by Ukrainians or if Ukraine successfully surrounds large Russian positions. Those weapons could be used to break up attacks to prevent major conventional defeat.
Rosstafari

mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Ogre09 said:

Use of nukes would lead to wide scale nuclear war, no?
This is a huge unknown. If he conventionally attacks NATO, we attack.
If he uses a nuke on NATO, we nuke.
If he uses a single nuke on a Ukrainian city as a demonstration to break their will...that could be a red line. NATO hasn't said one way or another. We probably don't want to give Putin a motive to try and call our bluff on something.
Rosstafari
74OA
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 377 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.