***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,666 Views | 47861 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by B-1 83
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheCougarHunter
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

That'll kill Russkies real good
rab79
AG
I believe we can't even reimport Garands let alone fully functional M-14's
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
SPSAg05
AG
Not a Bot
AG
This video has been posted a few times on some other Twitter accounts and described as a pre-war training video. Everyone looking so calm tends to leave me the direction as well.
Rossticus
Germany is isht

Rossticus
swampstander
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Isn't the M14 full auto?

Yes
....and its not for the timid.
UTExan
Red Pear Realty said:

Isn't the M14 full auto?

But not very controllable. It climbs like crazy after the first round. This weapons choice might work for a marksman at 200-300 meters, but the rifle is heavy, not handy in urban movement and not well balanced. It is also incompatible with most of Ukrainian ammunition stocks. It would not be bad for covering the movement of a squad or fire team by a couple of marksmen over a few blocks or providing steady, aimed slow fire into an enemy position because the 7.62 NATO round does penetrate.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Rossticus
Deepening fissures between Eastern and Western Europe it seems.

Rossticus
Rossticus
clw04
AG
Rossticus said:

I'm wondering what the public opinion is in Germany and France. It seems that popular opinion is heavily pro-Ukrainian, but the elites in both countries are holding back support.
Rossticus
Solid article from Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-failed-ukraine-invasion-former-nato-ambassador.amp
snizzler22
AG
Germany is saying the right things publicly, but almost tacitly supporting Russia with their actions. Still buying Russian gas, German banks are transacting with Russian counterparts off SWIFT, and the majority of German companies are still operating there. Remember that Germany initially held up removing Russia from swift and blocked Poland arms transfer to Ukraine earlier this year. Would they be neutral if this conflict spills over into Eastern Europe? Sure seems like it right now.
Rossticus
snizzler22 said:

Germany is saying the right things publicly, but almost tacitly supporting Russia with their actions. Still buying Russian gas, German banks are transacting with Russian counterparts off SWIFT, and the majority of German companies are still operating there. Remember that Germany initially held up removing Russia from swift and blocked Poland arms transfer to Ukraine earlier this year. Would they be neutral if this conflict spills over into Eastern Europe? Sure seems like it right now.

These are the cracks in NATO that Putin intended to exploit. It seems he believed that they'd manifest much sooner and more noticeably. But the stress caused by divergent interests inherent in broad alliances is certainly forcing expansion of these fissures.

The result is distrust of Western Europe, who feel that they will be relatively insulted regardless of outcome, by the Eastern Flank, who see this war as an existential threat to their security both in the short and long term.
whytho987654
Rossticus said:

Easy for eastern europe to be anxious when the western armies will provide the most tech and manpower, theres a reason western states do not want to enter this theatre
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08 said:

Plenty of discussion in this thread and I find it quite arbitrary.

Post something here and discuss it there just doesn't make much sense.

To help, I've found that you need to keep any discussions on this thread narrowly focused to strategic, tactical, military, weapons, etc. I learned this after a couple of bans resulting from posting broadly applicable comments that fell outside of these boundaries.

Staff has actually become much more reserved with the 3 day ban hammer over the past 1-2 weeks and instead just deletes posts which aren't gross violations, which I greatly appreciate. Hope this helps.
Rossticus
Blue star for this guy, whoever he is.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Russia expanding usage of thermobarics. Concerning considering their indiscriminate rocket attacks on civilian areas. Terrible, actually.

ATX_AG_08
AG
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Russia expanding usage of thermobarics. Concerning considering their indiscriminate rocket attacks on civilian areas. Terrible, actually.
Will be easy to spot the firing position with the fire and smoke around it after launch.
Rossticus
Yup
Rossticus

Fifteen men on the dead man's chest
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
But one man of her crew alive,
What put to sea with seventy-five.
Not a Bot
AG
C@LAg
they need to focus on denying the russians of their supply chain.
Rossticus
whytho987654 said:

Rossticus said:

Easy for eastern europe to be anxious when the western armies will provide the most tech and manpower, theres a reason western states do not want to enter this theatre

That's the problem with joining alliances. Your interests aren't the only ones that matter. A threat to one has to be treated as a threat to all. We held them to it after 9/11 when we invoked article 5 so I'm sure they expect to be able to hold us to it in similar fashion.
ATX_AG_08
AG

Pic incorrectly shows Kherson airport.
Rossticus
If those guys didn't know well enough to disable ALL geolocation… just… unacceptable. Utter lack of professionalism and focus. Loose lips sink ships.
ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
Looks like the same tank.

ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
I wonder if they've been given any kind of tactical training for nighttime raids and such, and if so, if they've been successful at them.

I've seen Russians with thermals/NV but I can't imagine them having them the same quantity or being well dispersed among different units.

First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.