***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,403 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by LMCane
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your lips to God's ears.
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie

These soldiers know what they're fighting for.
CondensedFogAggie
Red Pear Realty said:

These two Americans are using VZ-58's, a Czech variant of the AK first introduced in the 1950s. Pretty cool gun to take to war.

Just a couple of optics and we're good to go
aezmvp
The more I look at the overall situation the more convinced I am that going forward Russia will attempt to peel off the Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts. I don't see any realistic way for them to make significant gains around Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odessa without at least a very large partial mobilization. Around 500,000 to a million troops.

Mariupol will last at least the rest of this month but it will fall eventually to lack of water and food. After that they will pivot and focus on the city of Zaporizhzhia and moving to create pockets of troops that they can cut off and surround and then force retreats back towards the Dnieper to try and secure as much of the the Donetsk and Luhansk as they can. Then they'll threaten to use nuclear weapons to force a peace. They will need to defend Kherson as it looks like the Ukrainians are clearly pushing that way.

Not worth much but that is what I would look for. The complete failure to quickly secure Kharkiv, Sumy and Chernihiv has basically eliminated the possibility of a complete Russian victory.

If the Russians can secure the transport and supply lines on the coast then they can turn and make things very difficult but without some mobilization... There is just no way for them to get anywhere close to those objectives based on vehicle losses.
dlp3719
AG
Wonder if we end up with some kind of stalemate that results in a DMZ type situation?
TRM
AG
They have water for now...boiling/melting snow for water.
aezmvp
TRM said:

They have water for now...boiling/melting snow for water.
I understand but it's still hard to do for several hundred thousand people under shelling.
Rossticus
Hold on to your butts. Looks like politicians are starting to feel the heat of the consequences that have come home to roost as a result of them not taking deterrence seriously over the past 6 months. And, yes. I know that real DEFCON info is classified. Account is still a good follow.

Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
I'm sure Poland and other counties are feeling the heat especially now that bombs are dropping literally on their doorstep in Lviv and the training ground on the border.

And this is the exact thing Putin needs to be hearing.
Rossticus
If Russia manages to secure Mariupol and eventually lock down Odessa then you can bet that Moldova is going to start getting antsy.
ATX_AG_08
AG
wildmen09
AG
I think them and Bosnia are already very antsy.
wildmen09
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Is this the 8th Army strike?
Rossticus
wildmen09 said:

I think them and Bosnia are already very antsy.

Don't forget Georgia. They're on the hot seat too. Probably not now but within the next 5-10 years if Russia isn't crippled.
flakrat
AG
wildmen09 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Is this the 8th Army strike?
Wow, now Tw-atter is putting original tweets behind the login wall. A few days ago? it required a login if you scrolled down too far.

Still not going to create an account on that network.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Reported as being, but I take everything with a grain of salt.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Follow up on that air strike earlier today.

ATX_AG_08
AG
Eliminatus
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Follow on that sir strike earlier today.

And we will just sit here and watch literal atrocities happen every single day, because we have a nuclear gun to our head. Pointed by a single megalomaniac who can do just about anything he wants as far as I can tell.

I get it, we can't do anything, it still sucks and is probably one of the more frustrating times I have lived through.
Rossticus
OKC~Ag

Quote:

And we will just sit here and watch literal atrocities happen every single day, because we have a nuclear gun to our head. Pointed by a single megalomaniac who can do just about anything he wants as far as I can tell.

I get it, we can't do anything, it still sucks and is probably one of the more frustrating times I have lived through.
Yes, essentially...No good way to wind down a nuclear armed dictator. West/US has no good options...All options are dangerous and losing hand.

This Putin play book is a much larger version of N Korea for past 70 plus years except nuclear card added to their repertoire past 20 plus years.

All the might of US with SKorea and Japan can't cracked that riddle/nut that is N Korea. We will not be able to do any better with vastly larger version that is Putin and Russia.

All we the US/west can do is support Ukraine and fight the proxy war.

Only real solution remains at the hands of Russians themselves...
Rossticus
Ukraine really is, in a sense, protecting the rest of us. Not purposely, but their willingness to fight to the last man allows us to remain removed.

If Putin had been able to run through Ukraine like a hot knife through butter then his ambition may have grown substantially to include a try at other countries and required direct intervention.
Rossticus
Not good if confirmed.

Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus
If I'm a Ukrainian and Russians start loading me up on a Russian Bus I'm probably fairly uneasy…

Rossticus
B-1 83
AG
aezmvp said:

The more I look at the overall situation the more convinced I am that going forward Russia will attempt to peel off the Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts. I don't see any realistic way for them to make significant gains around Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odessa without at least a very large partial mobilization. Around 500,000 to a million troops.

Mariupol will last at least the rest of this month but it will fall eventually to lack of water and food. After that they will pivot and focus on the city of Zaporizhzhia and moving to create pockets of troops that they can cut off and surround and then force retreats back towards the Dnieper to try and secure as much of the the Donetsk and Luhansk as they can. Then they'll threaten to use nuclear weapons to force a peace. They will need to defend Kherson as it looks like the Ukrainians are clearly pushing that way.

Not worth much but that is what I would look for. The complete failure to quickly secure Kharkiv, Sumy and Chernihiv has basically eliminated the possibility of a complete Russian victory.

If the Russians can secure the transport and supply lines on the coast then they can turn and make things very difficult but without some mobilization... There is just no way for them to get anywhere close to those objectives based on vehicle losses.
They're not using nukes. If they do, there will be no Russia as Putin knows it. There won't even be a need for nuclear retaliation. I honestly believe the entire world will be so aghast that there will be a united front to isolate Russia to a point it will cease to exist as a functional country, and the Russian people will rid us of Putin.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
ttu_85
B-1 83 said:

aezmvp said:

They're not using nukes. If they do, there will be no Russia as Putin knows it. There won't even be a need for nuclear retaliation. I honestly believe the entire world will be so aghast that there will be a united front to isolate Russia to a point it will cease to exist as a functional country, and the Russian people will rid us of Putin.
I'm Sorry man but in my tard-level view that is wishful thinking. The Russian people have had horrible lives for several centuries. That is a population conditioned to live in crap- Tzarist abuses, Civil War, Famines- 1920's, reoccurring purges, incredible battle field loses in WW2. Communism and the ****ty living conditions that brings, and still be prideful enough to tell the rest of the world to bug off. Up-thread someone said Russia taking on an NK type existence is correct but this country has far greater natural resources. We are looking at another Cold War- not of Communism vs capitalism but globalism vs nationalism.
wildmen09
AG
Rossticus said:

Not good if confirmed.

So they used a SAM to strike a ground target?
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
No, I think that was a typo. The type of missile they claim they used is air to ground.
G Martin 87
AG
B-1 83 said:

aezmvp said:

For years after WWII, the Soviets called the war "The Great Patriotic War." Love for Mother Russia == "Patriotism" for Russians. "Nationalism" is the opposite of Russian patriotism. So in that sense, everyone fighting against Russia is a Nazi. If the current conflict spreads to Russia vs the World, hoping for the Russian people to turn on Putin is not a sure bet.
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.