***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,136 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by LMCane
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yeah, I get the upsides. It's the Johnny-come-lately part of it they might be a little bitter about. Pushing the commies out would have been a lot more useful before they leveled half the country and killed tens of thousands, so it's going to be bittersweet to have Poland and/or NATO finally roll in after the Ukrainians have done a lot of the heavy lifting to break the Russians.

Oh, I understand but we both know that it's probably the best they'll get. It's a compromise the US and most other NATO countries might be able to sell to their people. At the end of the day, it's squishy politicians making these decisions. It's why things got this far in the first place.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Teddy KGB said:

Hopefully they're making moves to go ****ing die
TheEternalPessimist
The loss of so many 18-35 year old men is NOT going to help Russian demographics at all. That's for sure.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
deddog
AG
Or a decoy operation?
Assuming the Russians haven't lost their freaking mind.
ABATTBQ11
AG
deddog said:

Or a decoy operation?

Russian doctrine demands you throw good men after bad until you've defeated your enemy or run out of men.
txags92
AG
deddog said:

Or a decoy operation?
That was my exact thought. Has anybody verified that there are actually troops on the ships? Great way to keep a solid force occupied in Odessa by making them think an amphibious landing is imminent at any moment.
barnacle bob
ATX_AG_08
AG

Holy smokes. Half the gunfire stops when the explosion goes.
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus

Rossticus
DukeMu
ABATTBQ11 said:

deddog said:

Or a decoy operation?

Russian doctrine demands you throw good men after bad until you've defeated your enemy or run out of men.
The proverbial blunt instrument.
Rossticus
Switchblade promo vids

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Rossticus
Rossticus
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

I'll bet that is on its way to the Moldovan or Romanian border for express pick up.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
RebelE Infantry
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Someone please put a muzzle on this guy, he's absolutely insane.
wildmen09
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.

You are right until the engagement part. This is likely for 3/1 ID ABCT which was activated on IRF. The COA chosen was to use propositioned stock versus airlift. Still a big deal but we aren't moving into defensive fighting positions. OAR still is a rotational deployment meant to build partner capacity and deter Russia.
PJYoung
AG

Has corruption hollowed out Russia's army from the inside?
ttu_85
Eliminatus said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

clw04 said:

PJYoung said:

Trying to figure out how a Major General is on the ground in Mariupol where Azov soldiers can get access to him.

I was reading earlier that NATO estimates there are around 20 Russian major generals one the ground to boost low morale. They've also confirmed 3 are KIA adding with a smattering of colonels and lieutenant colonels.

I also would not be surprised if the Ukes got precise data on where and when some of these generals are from somewhere......
Oh I think this is likely. We, US, have been engaged in electronic warfare since Oct 2001 with the major objective of tracing command and control. If you are broadcasting the NSA or a military version of it is listening. Yak on a cell phone these days in a war is a good way to die.
ttu_85
PJYoung said:

Of all the heads to see on a platter I cant decide if should be Lukashenka or Putin. The Belarus strong man talks a lot of **** and never does anything but suppress his own people.
ttu_85
ABATTBQ11 said:

deddog said:

Or a decoy operation?

Well for Russia it ain't 1942 or 1944. Throwing away lives with their demographic profile is insane. This is how you truly kill Russia as a people and a nation. I want Russia driven out not destroyed. China would rush in. The world loses.
Ag In Ok
AG
Not just Georgia and Belarus. What if Azerbaijan, Syria, and the Kazakh protestors decide to step things up. I expect Israel was in Moscow not to broker anything now, but rather to resolve what will Russia be doing in Syria moving forward. Granted we haven't seen the flights to support moving 16,000 volunteers from Syria, but if they did that will create a vacuum.
Old Buffalo
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

If someone was robbing your neighbors house, and you were next, you would be doing your damnedest to make sure that robber never made it into your house.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
ttu_85 said:

PJYoung said:

Of all the heads to see on a platter I cant decide if should be Lukashenka or Putin. The Belarus strong man talks a lot of **** and never does anything but suppress his own people.

I think Lukashenka may done no matter what happens. He was kept in place by Russian money and military support. No matter how it turns out, Russia probably ain't gonna be too benevolent while they're trying to recover domestically.
Polaris75
Old Buffalo said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

If someone was robbing your neighbors house, and you were next, you would be doing your damnedest to make sure that robber never made it into your house.
Guy just barks all. Biden has already said individual nations can render defense aid. Just do it, see who follows.
Putin is a dead man walking.
black_ice
wildmen09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.

You are right until the engagement part. This is likely for 3/1 ID ABCT which was activated on IRF. The COA chosen was to use propositioned stock versus airlift. Still a big deal but we aren't moving into defensive fighting positions. OAR still is a rotational deployment meant to build partner capacity and deter Russia.

This is correct.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
wildmen09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

Could someone translate the bolded for the sleep deprived civilian please? I feel like I should know what this means...
First Page Last Page
Page 332 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.