***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,754 Views | 47862 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag In Ok said:

Rossticus said:

Very interesting given current assumptions were the Russians were settling back to prepare a major offensive. We shall see if fortune favors the bold.

Fill the void. If they feel like they have enough time to counter attack quickly and disrupt their attempt to reconsolidate then the payoff could be significant.
TRM
AG
Rossticus said:

sanangelo said:

British mercenary says the Ukraine army is sending volunteers to Kyiv with 10 bullets each. Also, interesting tale of how the ukraines are tearing up passports at the border if you appear young and healthy enough to fight. From pro- Russia intel Slav telegram channel.

If it's long-standing pro-Russian then that's dead on propaganda to discourage foreign fighters. Based on the amount of small arms and ammo that NATO countries have been providing I'm calling bill isht. Zelensky would be pleading for ammo publicly instead of just big ticket items if that was the case. Doesn't fit with what we're observing with Uke infantry gains.
They'd only need 10 bullets because they'll get resupplied from an abandoned Russian supply truck.
Rossticus
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

JFABNRGR said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Yep ORYX is now showing 30 total Helos up 15 just from this base. Thats a massive blow.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html
In 20 days Russians have a verified 209 abandoned vehicles and 535 have been captured.

That is INCREDIBLY bad discipline.

That's probably about $1.5-$2 billion in vehicles and aircraft.

The jets alone are north of $250 million. The helicopters are another $80-$100 million. Some of those SAM systems are pricey too.
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
clw04
AG
PJYoung said:

Trying to figure out how a Major General is on the ground in Mariupol where Azov soldiers can get access to him.
Aggie118
AG
https://fb.watch/bN28gdCuhE/
BonsaiGreen
clw04 said:

PJYoung said:

Trying to figure out how a Major General is on the ground in Mariupol where Azov soldiers can get access to him.

Good question.

Could our military folks elaborate on what this could mean? Why would a Major General be in the ground? Is this common?
Whirligigs
How much of this stuff is legit, really?
ABATTBQ11
AG
I believe 2 Russian generals are confirmed KIA by Russian sources (one's friend posted he was killed in Ukraine). I don't know if there's confirmation on the others.
GAC06
AG
For one thing it may not be true. If it is true, he likely was killed by drone, air, or drone/artillery strike.
Not a Bot
AG
Russian command structure and military doctrine/culture.

Their military is incredibly top-down in culture. The upper level COs run everything and lower-level leaders have very little, if any, flexibility. This forces high level COs to be closer to the front lines to micromanage. It's also possible he wasn't all that close to where a lot of the fighting is, but the Ukrainians have gotten very good at attacking rear logistical areas.
clw04
AG
Whirligigs said:

Just about all the General killings reported by Ukraine have ended up being made public by Russia.

In this case, there is a photo of a dead soldier with a General patch. The picture I saw had the face blurred, so its likely it true.
ABATTBQ11
AG
clw04 said:

PJYoung said:

I was reading earlier that NATO estimates there are around 20 Russian major generals one the ground to boost low morale. They've also confirmed 3 are KIA adding with a smattering of colonels and lieutenant colonels.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
There's a video floating around with an American warning people away from volunteering. Turns out he's going full incel (inciv?) because he got turned away.

AlaskanAg99
AG
Major Beverages?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Generals. Swype doesn't always pick up what it's supposed to.
GarryowenAg
AG
Rossticus said:

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.
Eliminatus
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

clw04 said:

PJYoung said:

I was reading earlier that NATO estimates there are around 20 Russian major generals one the ground to boost low morale. They've also confirmed 3 are KIA adding with a smattering of colonels and lieutenant colonels.

I also would not be surprised if the Ukes got precise data on where and when some of these generals are from somewhere......
clw04
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.
Makes me wonder if Poland has said that they are going to lend more active support and the US is ramping up US military forces in Poland as a deterrent to Russia attacking Poland. Poland participates with Ukraine to push Russia out of Ukraine but doesn't violate Russian territory.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Whirligigs said:

Mr. Oleg bit the dust. This is from a pro-Russia page, and I saw a pic of him today dead with a bullet in his side looked like.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Eliminatus said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

clw04 said:

PJYoung said:

I also would not be surprised if the Ukes got precise data on where and when some of these generals are from somewhere......

You'd be correct
/End of Message
Rossticus
GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

I'd GUESS that they want to be in position to sweep Russia completely out of all UN recognized Ukrainian territory as a "peacekeeping force" with an overwhelming presence once the war is essentially over and Russia is spent.

Basically lock it down and ensure a peaceful end and reconstruction. Doesn't mean they WILL do it but they're, I think, considering it.
Eliminatus
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

Best to be prepared in these uncertain times. I don't know how long it would take to drag a tank out of storage, stage it forward and then prep it for war. I don't think that is an overnight thing. We have several of these stocks across Europe. I wonder how many are being emptied.

I actually expected this tbh. I think we are quietly prepping and staging for armed conflict far more than we are letting on, if that conflict comes to pass after all. Frankly, we would be stupid not to.
Rossticus
clw04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

Makes me wonder if Poland has said that they are going to lend more active support and the US is ramping up US military forces in Poland as a deterrent to Russia attacking Poland. Poland participates with Ukraine to push Russia out of Ukraine but doesn't violate Russian territory.

If you've listened to US statements since the beginning they've deliberately left that door open. The west has largely been talking Poland down since the start but I think everyone MAY be coming around to the idea of letting Poland help put an end to this with the US as a "**** around and find out" force in Poland in case Putin gets any ideas. Then once Russia is done, sweeping the remnants of the Russian forces out of the country.

Not set in stone, certainly, but movements support the fact that they feel that there's a good chance of some form of additional escalation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

I'd GUESS that they want to be in position to sweep Russia completely out of all UN recognized Ukrainian territory as a "peacekeeping force" with an overwhelming presence once the war is essentially over and Russia is spent.

Basically lock it down and ensure a peaceful end and reconstruction. Doesn't mean they WILL do it but they're, I think, considering it.

Not sure how the Ukrainians will like that. Swooping in after they've done the hardest part and bled all over their country and then essentially occupying it. Kind of a ****ty thing to do.
ATX_AG_08
AG

Supposedly there was some hard fighting in NW Kyiv last night. Hopefully some positive reports will come out soon.
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Rossticus said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

Not sure how the Ukrainians will like that. Swooping in after they've done the hardest part and bled all over their country and then essentially occupying it. Kind of a ****ty thing to do.

Benefits outweigh the downside. Any "occupation" would obviously be short term and at the sole discretion of the Ukes to ensure no re-escalation on the part of Russia. The fact that it gets them Donetsk, Luhansk, and Crimea back will probably assuage any bitterness.

During "occupation" by NATO/UN they have the benefit of receiving newly purchased military equipment that we train them on over the next year that ensures their military superiority in any future engagements with Russia should Putin feel froggy in 5 years (assuming he lives).

Benefits NATO countries by keeping everyone for having to deal with a war zone on their doorstep and refugee crisis in their countries for years to come.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, I get the upsides. It's the Johnny-come-lately part of it they might be a little bitter about. Pushing the commies out would have been a lot more useful before they leveled half the country and killed tens of thousands, so it's going to be bittersweet to have Poland and/or NATO finally roll in after the Ukrainians have done a lot of the heavy lifting to break the Russians.
amercer
AG
They may be bitter later, but no one is pissed when the cavalry shows up.
Teddy KGB
AG
War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
First Page Last Page
Page 331 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.