***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,547,998 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 74OA
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aezmvp said:

GarryowenAg said:

JobSecurity said:

Why does this even matter? Won't Russia just veto it anyways?
General Assembly and the Security Council are different. GA has no impact on peacekeeping operations iirc.

Basically the UN isn't relevant.
ABATTBQ11
AG
hbtheduce said:

Doubtful unless Russia actually attacks us first. War is polling TERRIBLY right now.

The more Russia gives the world dead kids and blown up kindergartens the less terribly it will poll. The majority want even more action already and the polling splits 55/45 against military action, so flipping that to the point of supporting military action will not take long. The longer this drags on and the more bodies pile up, the more people will want us to step in and stop it. It's only been a week. Give it two moe and there's a solid change public opinion had been swayed by Russian atrocities.
PJYoung
AG
TheEternalPessimist
Please tell me this is an ammo dump explosion and not a thermobaric rocket or a low yield tactical nuke of some kind? I am clearly NOT a munitions expert. I just see a giant explosion and want answers from those in the know ---

This is just outside Kharkiv:

https://nitter.domain.glass/AlertaNews24/status/1498740400957313030#m
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Aggie Hunter
AG
Stupid question for you guys that know the country better?

Is there no bridges Between the "40 mile convoy" and Kyiv?
Sea Speed
AG
Ammo. Fyi thsts about the 10th time this video has been asked about.
DTP02
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

techno-ag said:

RONA Ag said:

PJYoung said:

Call me an idiot but I think Ukraine is going to pull this out
Fox had a guy on the border with Poland this morning to talk with refugees. He was surprised to find a steady stream of men going into Ukraine.

This what nationalism looks like. I think many in Russia thought they'd be welcomed with open arms by "ethnic Russians" and instead are getting shot at and spit on by Ukrainians. No one in Ukraine wants to be Russian.

I think there were a good number who did, theoretically, and probably some who still do in the eastern part, but nothing brings people together and elicits feelings of nationalism and pride like being attacked. I'm sure whatever the % that had pro-Russian leanings prior to the invasion, it's a much smaller % now.
Ciboag96
Seems like Russia owns the skies now
DTP02
AG
Rossticus said:

I think some NATO countries got out over their skis and were persuaded to pull back to avoid expanding the war.

Also a possibility that the deal is still on but NATO is trying to maintain plausible deniability.
TRM
AG

aggiehawg
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

Dnieper River runs through Kyiv.

AgBQ-00
AG
TRM said:

Where is the infantry for those tanks? I mean you have a few guys with AT rockets and that is a ton of equipment lost and crews killed.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
PJYoung
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I think some NATO countries got out over their skis and were persuaded to pull back to avoid expanding the war.
I think the support is still coming just not publicly acknowledging it.
TRM
AG
Quote:

Where is the infantry for those tanks? I mean you have a few guys with AT rockets and that is a ton of equipment lost and crews killed.
Looking for fuel and food???

Serious I don't know.

ETA:
TheEternalPessimist
PJYoung said:

Sounds like so much propaganda to play up the WW2 era fears......

Don't get me wrong though -- Putin still needs to be defeated.

There is a thick haze of so much disinformation though!
--

Ranger26
I appreciate you basically making your point, but my comment was in response to a question about if aircraft being sent to Ukraine were operating already.
TheEternalPessimist
TRM said:

Quote:

Serious I don't know.

ETA:

During the Korean War, my grandfather who was in the 1st Marine Division, broke into Korean homes and markets to get food. They got cutoff during the Battle of Chosin and were out of food.
--

jabberwalkie09
AG

I feel like I've seen this in a history book.
flashplayer
AG
PJYoung said:

I don't understand this strategy and attitude of whitewashing what's going on. In WWII we did this a bunch but in some cases, showing people the carnage actually drove more successful war bond drives and boosted morale to keep fighting.

People should be freely sharing the carnage. The world needs to see it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM
AG
Movement from Belarus:

TheEternalPessimist
aggiehawg said:

Aggie Hunter said:

Dnieper River runs through Kyiv.

I understand from my two friends who are on the East Bank of the river in Kiev (about 1.5 miles west of St Michael's Golden Domed Monastery) that some of the bridges have been blown already. I would expect the Ukrainians to attempt to blow all of them up if the armor column from the east starts to hit the east side of the city. Only makes sense.

But there is still an armor column coming from the North too that is already on the west bank.
--

wangus12
AG
TRM said:

Quote:

Serious I don't know.

ETA:

Hope they grabbed some sunflower seeds
HtownAg92
AG
W said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Fitch said:

Apologies if already posted.

letting angry crowds of people form a country you are invading get that close to your vehicles and even pound on them seems to me like a great way to get IEDs planted in your fender/wheel wells....
yes, this is a great example of the problem with "civilized" or "nice" war
I think you can sabotage and disable a vehicle, causing delays and logjams, and still fight the "nice" war. The longer you stall and frustrate them, the more likely is they get hungry, disheartened and give up.
wangus12
AG
HtownAg92 said:

W said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Fitch said:

Apologies if already posted.

letting angry crowds of people form a country you are invading get that close to your vehicles and even pound on them seems to me like a great way to get IEDs planted in your fender/wheel wells....
yes, this is a great example of the problem with "civilized" or "nice" war
I think you can sabotage and disable a vehicle, causing delays and logjams, and still fight the "nice" war. The longer you stall and frustrate them, the more likely is they get hungry, disheartened and give up.
I think he means from the Russian point of view. If they get nasty, they'd just run the civilians over rather than let them stand in the way
Rossticus
Rossticus
PJYoung
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

PJYoung said:

Sounds like so much propaganda to play up the WW2 era fears......

Don't get me wrong though -- Putin still needs to be defeated.

There is a thick haze of so much disinformation though!

It was close to the TV tower that was bombed.

There's video proof.
PJYoung
AG

tk111
AG
Rossticus said:

and how does this help him? What are we doing for him other than saying we'll swing by and pick him up if he wants?
4the_Record

Quote:

and how does this help him? What are we doing for him other than saying we'll swing by and pick him up if he wants?

One would 'hope' that we're passing him useful intel from various sources in the region...
Robk

NOT a political post, but I think it shows there is a lot more going on behind the scene and we (as stated before) are "talking softly and carrying a big stick".

AggieKatie2
AG
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdSEYMuo/

Wow
74OA
AG
More on ordinary Ukrainians repurposing Russian military equipment. Slightly Used
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.