***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,439 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Russia is still grinding on.
Rossticus
Yep. It's not going to stop till he has no more forces or Ukraine has no more Ukrainians willing to fight. And then we'll see what he does next. I'm guessing military/nuclear threats in attempt to get sanctions removed.
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG

Fighting in Mariupol. Not sure of the timing but this is the type of constant meatgrinder that chews up units.

The overall pace seems to have slowed down considerably but this is where Russia can really bring it's weight to bear as well. If they keep committing heavy infantry into the cities, the Ukes will have a hard time stopping them. Popping armor from windows and alleyways with advanced rockets is one thing. Running and gunning from room to room is a whole other story.

We have seen heavy fighting all over the place but still seems more like skirmishes and nothing like battalion level or higher units just straight up eating into a city with combined arms. Fighting building to building AND securing ground taken. Armored columns have been getting their peepees smacked but this is the stage where full battles that will go down in history may occur. Something like the second Battle of Fallujah. We may see that in Kiev. The pieces are still being moved around and definitely feels like that place may be a Stalingrad after all.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Splash that ass

Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus beat me to it.

Advanced man portable weapons are REALLY showing their worth in this war. Countries are studying this just like we are. Doctrines may change for a few folk out there.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG

Newest UK update.

Not controlling the skies may be the most important factor after it is all said and done. (Quantifiable factor that is, pissed off Ukes raging against their attackers is hard to put into numbers)
stetson
AG
Unbelievable that the Russians have not gained air superiority. If they can't do it now, I don't know that they will with MiGs and Sukhois that are coming. Does anyone know if those will include wild weasels armed with HARMs that can take out Russian ADA?
Eliminatus
AG
Speaking of air superiority...

Ukes still fighting hard. Take with grain of salt of course but this guy posting has been a pretty solid source to date.
Rossticus
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Belarus making its move:

Russian violence against civilians is becoming more & more blatant:

Not much good news from the past several hours. Need to get those jets in the air ASAP.
Brewskis
AG
Eliminatus said:

Speaking of air superiority...

Ukes still fighting hard. Take with grain of salt of course but this guy posting has been a pretty solid source to date.

So I know some won't believe me here, but there is truth to the above Colonel as the Ghost of Kiev. I met him first at an airshow that I was at in the UK (he was the Ukrainian Air Force Flanker demonstration pilot). I was a USAF pilot based at RAF Lakenheath at the time.

Some of my squadron members were fortunate enough to do an exercise with the Ukrainian Air Force augmenting an Air National Guard unit that flew from California to Ukraine to work with them for a few weeks. He was known as "Grey Wolf" to us. The Air National Guard unit has done a few exchanges with them, and have kept in contact.

The word I received this weekend is that he was killed on night three of the invasion from what I can tell. While I think the kill count maybe embellished in the legend of the "Ghost of Kiev" as things do sometimes, he returned from retirement to fight as the invasion grew inevitable, so I hope he is celebrated and remembered for his courage and dedication to homeland regardless.

I only bring this up to honor his sacrifice.
Rossticus
It's something…

Yukon Cornelius
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
The Collective
AG
Rossticus said:

That one feels like propaganda, but the who the hell knows anymore.
Rossticus
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Rossticus said:

So no jets are coming after all. *****
RONA Ag
AG
Rossticus said:

If this is true this is a massive update if Russian soldiers are refusing to fight
Rossticus
Not NATO jets flown by NATO pilots. But we'll still front them/sell them the promised jets. NATO forces taking no military action but they're still supporting.
Rossticus
RONA Ag said:

Rossticus said:

If this is true this is a massive update if Russian soldiers are refusing to fight

Russia has been sending guys into no win situations repeatedly, unsupported, to just be slaughtered. They're saying "eff that" and noping out.
TheCougarHunter
AG
RONA Ag said:

Rossticus said:

This didn't happen
Irish 2.0
I'm kind of hoping Winnie the Pooh takes advantage of this situation and moves in on the contested lands in Serbia just to **** with Putin. He's pulling forces from places he shouldn't be pulling forces. Let's see what's more important to him when he's fighting two fronts.
Irish 2.0
UK cuts Russia off completely
Rossticus
TheCougarHunter said:

RONA Ag said:

Rossticus said:

This didn't happen

FWiW

https://www.facebook.com/iponomarev

Rossticus
Hope nobody was home.

Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.