***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,843 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

Apologies if previously posted. I'm getting sick of threats.

Russian government, go **** yourself!
deddog
AG
PJYoung said:

Quote:

3) Nearly 75% of the ~150,000 troops Putin massed around Ukraine are now inside Ukraine.

That means Russian's numerical advantages are being brought to bear. But also means Putin has fewer reserves to call on as the fighting drags on.

I think they are waiting for their supply chain and units in the rest of the country to catch up.
flakrat
AG
Rossticus said:

Ukrainian chick will be by shortly to drive that truck load of rockets home on a TikTok video!
htownag10
AG
EMY92
AG
Rossticus said:

We haven't put the first drop in the bucket to repay the Russians for the deaths from their equipment and soldiers/airmen from the Korean and Vietnam wars.
Choobadooba
That statistic is very wrong.
mwp02ag
AG
Rossticus said:

That's a lot of IEDs in the making…
IslanderAg04
htownag10 said:

Are they trained? Seems kind of a stretch. Not like this is independence day, and you can just hop into a fighter jet.
Rossticus
flakrat said:

Rossticus said:

Ukrainian chick will by shortly to drive that truck load of rockets on TikTok!

I want her to show us how to light up a column of T-90s with NLAWs
flakrat
AG
She looks like she'd have a blast launching them!
UntoldSpirit
AG
Russia may have used a Thermobaric bomb. This is getting very scary and I think the world needs to understand we may be on the brink of nuclear war.

Thermobaric attack

We need to find a way to ratchet this down instead of continuing to ratchet it up.
No Spin Ag
htownag10 said:

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
DCPD158
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

htownag10 said:

Are they trained? Seems kind of a stretch. Not like this is independence day, and you can just hop into a fighter jet.
Most likely these are pilots that lost their aircraft in the first day(s) of the war when they were destroyed by the Russians on the tarmac. All will be familiar with the aircraft (29s) that the Polish will be giving them.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
bmks270
AG
Rossticus said:

But that equipment belongs to Ukraine once handed over doesn't it? Does Putin discriminate between things transferred this week vs. 6 months ago?
fullback44
AG
No Spin Ag said:

htownag10 said:

I hope they pick up a B52 while they are in Poland.. carpet bomb that 40 mile long line of tanks and equipment
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus said:

I wonder why it's still sitting there intact. I'd douse with gas, light, and run/drive off. Plus the mental side. Lets any reinforcements who drive by know what they're signing up for.
Jayhawk
I hope the ghosts of all our airmen shot down by Russian radar operators in Vietnam are flying with the Ukes.
docb
AG
Wonder if they can use a Polish air base?
OldArmyBrent
AG
UntoldSpirit said:

Russia may have used a Thermobaric bomb. This is getting very scary and I think the world needs to understand we may be on the brink of nuclear war.

Thermobaric attack

We need to find a way to ratchet this down instead of continuing to ratchet it up.

I suggest the LeMay approach. That will ratchet it down because there won't be a Russian army left to ratchet anything up.
Rossticus
bmks270 said:

Rossticus said:

But that equipment belongs to Ukraine once handed over doesn't it? Does Putin discriminate between things transferred this week vs. 6 months ago?
Putin will change his mind and rewrite the rules AND his view of reality as it benefits him. Putin does not set a level playing field.
JobSecurity
AG
Very clearly waiting for the order. I wonder if they will wait until they've been able to get control of the east and/or south sides of the city

aggiehawg
AG
docb said:

Wonder if they can use a Polish air base?
Yes. Not a NATO base.

BTW, it was Poland that wanted to build their own NATO base and name it after Trump.

He should have agreed.
RONA Ag
AG
JobSecurity said:

Very clearly waiting for the order. I wonder if they will wait until they've been able to get control of the east and/or south sides of the city

Ukrainian artillery and any remaining air force has to be getting ready to feast. That's seems like a massive strategic blunder on the part of the Russians
Talon2DSO
AG
JobSecurity said:

You'd think 10 A10s could light up that convoy
Chef Elko
AG
How does one flank this "40 mile" convoy? I would love to see some strategy from you military folks on this. Are the Ukrainians being held down by artillery/rockets/air support and unable to position themselves? Do they just hunker down and dig in at this point?
amercer
AG
At 40 miles long, you could lose 10 miles of the convoy while taking out the whole Ukrainian air force, and still have plenty left for a siege. That would be a very Russian thing to do.
WolfCall
AG
UK Special Forces soldiers ages 40-60 going to fight Russians in Ukraine.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1573404/sas-news-veterans-ukraine-russia-invasion-Volodymyr-Zelensky-liz-truss-ben-wallace
Quote:

SAS veterans to the rescue fearsome UK team to join Ukraine's fight against Russia
A CRACK team of SAS veterans is set to join Ukraine's fight against the Russian invasion, according to reports.
By KATIE HARRIS 00:00, Tue, Mar 1, 2022 | UPDATED: 00:03, Tue, Mar 1, 2022

Retired UK special forces soldiers have reportedly volunteered for missions inside Ukraine. The veterans, aged between 40 and 60, have fought around the world including Afghanistan and Iraq....

neAGle96
AG
I'd use it against the Ruskies. At the very least, start using their armaments as IEDs along the highways to Kyiv.
deddog
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

htownag10 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they are flown by original (Bulgarian, Polish), or mercenary pilots
JobSecurity
AG
My guess is the convoy will try to take the main loop around the west side of Kyiv, M07 or something like that. It's only 20 miles long. That would stop anything in/our on the west side of the city and there are only a handful of bridges over the Dnieper. The east side of the city also has fewer main thoroughfares into the city, so that's why I think they'll wait to move the convoy until the east side of the city is under control. Or at least those few main highways are being blocked by russian forces. Then they have the city trapped.
jabberwalkie09
AG
deddog said:

IslanderAg04 said:

htownag10 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they are flown by original (Bulgarian, Polish), or mercenary pilots

I was thinking it was going to be a modern day Flying Tigers as well.
RONA Ag
AG
JobSecurity said:

My guess is the convoy will try to take the main loop around the west side of Kyiv, M07 or something like that. It's only 20 miles long. That would stop anything in/our on the west side of the city and there are only a handful of bridges over the Dnieper. The east side of the city also has fewer main thoroughfares into the city, so that's why I think they'll wait to move the convoy until the east side of the city is under control. Or at least those few main highways are being blocked by russian forces. Then they have the city trapped.

Is assume they are going to blow the bridges if the Russians make it that far
EastSideAg2002
Excuse the generic term but are there not lots of SAMs in that convoy? Is that not a suicide mission with that much firepower regardless of how dumb they lined it up?
JFABNRGR
AG
Danwell Home said:

How does one flank this "40 mile" convoy? I would love to see some strategy from you military folks on this. Are the Ukrainians being held down by artillery/rockets/air support and unable to position themselves? Do they just hunker down and dig in at this point?
From the air. Jets and missiles.

Artillery as well but I don't think the Ukes have much left and when they are in range so shall they.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.